Sydney Stack | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Sydney Stack

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Interesting bombers have talked Tippa back into a 1 year deal (aged 29).
I know he is a fan favourite, but seriously why were Essendon wasting their time trying to convince a 29yo forward pocket who is a just a decent footballer to come back after he retired just a few months ago?
I cant see how it is a good footballing decision.

Reactions: 4 users

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Bit harsh on “PTrain “ . Busted his gut . Played some awesome games with the Tiges and then went on to be a country Victorian legend
Played over 100 games for the Tiges and kicked over 1 goal a game . Fair return I say

100%.

He wasn't the hardest at the ball. But he certainly busted a gut. Became one of the fittest guys at the club and was oretty much a pseudo CHF running up and back all day.

Our gamestyle of the past 5 years would have suited him.

And yeah country football legend.

• Love

richards42

making the crowd roar
Sep 15, 2005
Gold Coast
I know he is a fan favourite, but seriously why were Essendon wasting their time trying to convince a 29yo forward pocket who is a just a decent footballer to come back after he retired just a few months ago?
Maybe they have no one better on their list in that small forward role.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Bit harsh on “PTrain “ . Busted his gut . Played some awesome games with the Tiges and then went on to be a country Victorian legend
Played over 100 games for the Tiges and kicked over 1 goal a game . Fair return I say
Terrific fella.
Personal friend.
But was more interested in punting and partying at the time.
Should have played 250 games.
If he applied himself like he is with his boxing atm he could have been a star

Reactions: 3 users

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
Maybe Sheedy wanted him back

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
PR maybe after the shittstorm the place has brought upon itself ....................... who knows?

Positive media spin?

He may find out his initial decision to retire was the right one.

Reactions: 2 users

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Terrific fella.
Personal friend.
Was always nervous before a game . Didn’t sleep much the night before either

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users

Feeling Tigerish

Tiger Champion
Apr 11, 2009
when stack and rcd are the top 2 threads you know its time to switch off for bit, because there's sweet fa to talk about

• Haha

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Terrific fella.
Personal friend.
I always liked him as a player and felt the fans were very harsh at times.
The issue to me was that he was the classic in betweener. He was flanker size but didn’t have the pace to play that type of game and therefore had to play a more link man role without the height to go with it.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Was always nervous before a game . Didn’t sleep much the night before either
Musta got that attribute from his mum. She was on maximum stress levels every game when he was playing.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
You're coming this like a behavioural issue can only be a negative one. There's all different types of behaviours. Even positive behaviours can become issues, if they aren't controlled. I'd still argue, lack of desire is a poor behaviour for a professional athlete.
Not quite getting your argument. The definition of issue is a problem ie a negative. A behavioural benefit is a positive. If a behavioural benefit becomes an issue it is longer a positive. I have never insinuated there are only negative behaviours I don't believe.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
No love for Syd in the rookie draft, looks like it's state league for him in 2023.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
He'll do a preseason for a potential ssp spot?
I hope so !!

Lets hope he has got himself into top condition and comes out and shows he has decided to become a footballer
I think the RFC will be keeping tabs on him and will see what condition he is in and if he has done the work get him back for another stint

@Dont Argue your thoughts ?

Reactions: 1 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
I hope so !!

Lets hope he has got himself into top condition and comes out and shows he has decided to become a footballer
I think the RFC will be keeping tabs on him and will see what condition he is in and if he has done the work get him back for another stint

@Dont Argue your thoughts ?
He’s dead to me

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users