The club is officially on board | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The club is officially on board

Con P

Tiger Cub
Aug 14, 2010
Any chance off getting the website injurie list to be up to date and not still round 2008?

RFC_Official

I am Stig
Aug 17, 2010
www.richmondfc.com.au
Collo said:
Would appreciate having more interviews with players on the RFC website. If you look at other elite sports such as the NBA, you see more player interviews and exclusive insight which is always great fun. There only ever seems to be player interviews etc once every couple of months (besides the weekly press conferences)
Cheers

Thank you, this is the type of stuff I'm looking for. It's definitely something we plan on doing, and today was (hopefully) the start of a lot more video content.

Punxsutawney Phil

Its Groundhog Day- same sh!t, different year
Apr 2, 2007
RFC_Official said:
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know the club is now officially on PRE (we may have been on here before, I'm not sure). We are going to start putting a bigger emphasis off the field on the opportunities that the internet can offer, and places like Facebook/Twitter but also message boards like BigFooty/Yellow and Black and PRE present all that.

Please be aware we are hear to take any feedback to ways we can improve in marketing and fan activities and would love to hear initatives you would like to see and other things alone those lines...however I am not the coach, so on-field talk won't do much good :)

But we're here and willing to listen.

Cheers

If I could offer a few words of advice...following a loss it is probably best to wait a few days before taking on board suggestions on PRE....many (me included) get a bit caught up in the moment and our suggestions probably arenl't all that constructive. Wait till the disappointment of the weekend dies down a little!

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
RFC_Official said:
Your reply is right down my alley! You can still view the interview by Jack here: http://bit.ly/aR6ERh

We are pushing our social media channels: Facebook and Twitter. It is the easiest/most effective ways to communicate with you guys. One of our posts about Ben last night had nearly 250 comments. Most are talking to one another, but it's the best way for us to get the pulse of our fans.

Secondly, the club is currently a part of the AFL network that has partnered with BigPond. As a result, there are certain limitations that we face that we are working on, but we try as much as possible to give free/exclusive content via our social media platforms.
Is there a time line on when the club is able to ditch the AFL clone Bigpond trash? The RFC website is almost universally hated by Richmond members. I like the Facebook connection because I receive quick notification of RFC events and happenings, but it is not a website.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Firstly, well done RFC Official for finally embracing the web. Looks like things really are changing for the better down at Punt Road.

As for suggestions. Many supporters including myself feel a bit lost between the months of October and January without any football. How about helping us fill the void and providing some pre-season updates with photo's and ideally video from training. You could even get some players making blog posts describing in more depth the kind of work they do in pre-season.

RFC_Official

I am Stig
Aug 17, 2010
www.richmondfc.com.au
Punxsutawney Phil said:
If I could offer a few words of advice...following a loss it is probably best to wait a few days before taking on board suggestions on PRE....many (me included) get a bit caught up in the moment and our suggestions probably arenl't all that constructive. Wait till the disappointment of the weekend dies down a little!

Three days isn't enough?

As I said, I'm not here to take comments like "Don't sack Cousins you idiots" or "Screw you Richmond" because we do get enough of them elsewhere, just here to try and make the online experience better for everyone.

RFC_Official

I am Stig
Aug 17, 2010
www.richmondfc.com.au
TigerFurious said:
Firstly, well done RFC Official for finally embracing the web. Looks like things really are changing for the better down at Punt Road.

As for suggestions. Many supporters including myself feel a bit lost between the months of October and January without any football. How about helping us fill the void and providing some pre-season updates with photo's and ideally video from training. You could even get some players making blog posts describing in more depth the kind of work they do in pre-season.

You read our minds!

Punxsutawney Phil

Its Groundhog Day- same sh!t, different year
Apr 2, 2007
RFC_Official said:
Three days isn't enough?

As I said, I'm not here to take comments like "Don't sack Cousins you idiots" or "Screw you Richmond" because we do get enough of them elsewhere, just here to try and make the online experience better for everyone.
I meant more in the direct aftermath of a game. By Monday most have calmed down a bit!

michael roach

Tiger Superstar
Oct 6, 2009
RFC_Official said:
Thanks for that, and yes it is legit :) Both me and our efforts to change a few things around the place.
It`s fantastic that you are being pro-active in trying to improve our club.

It seems you have a passion for what you are doing and not just providing lip service to us.

It means a lot to us and is further proof that the Richmond Football Club as a whole is on the right track.

Well done and keep it up. :clap

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
A couple of things to ponder. :)

We have pretty dodgy internet service here and I find the RFC website painfully slow to open and navigate. Not sure if that is a common problem and/or anything can be done about it.

In regard to the RFC site the weekly Eye of the Tiger coaches reports haven't been updated for a while.

Also there has been a bit of disappointment posted on the forum in the past about training times advertised on the official website. People have rang the club and been told there was no training yet others went to training that day and wrote reports. I'm not sure if the situation has improved. It doesn't affect me because I'm not in Melbourne but plenty have been disappointed when training details have been unavailable, not updated or inaccurate. I think it's important to encourage and support those who want to attend, especially when the kids that watch their heoes train are part of our membership base for the future.

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
How about a junior member live chat session with some of their heroes - especially over summer/pre season?

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
RFC_Official said:
PRE is one of a few forums we will be getting across, these are the places where the conversation is happening and we'd like to be involved in some (definitely not all) of it.

Maybe make this thread sticky and stay on here. Just an idea, it's not my call obviously

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009
You will no doubt receive constructive feedback regarding any future delistings etc. We can make the Football Departments job a hell of a lot easier.

RFC_Official

I am Stig
Aug 17, 2010
www.richmondfc.com.au
rosy23 said:
A couple of things to ponder. :)

We have pretty dodgy internet service here and I find the RFC website painfully slow to open and navigate. Not sure if that is a common problem and/or anything can be done about it.

In regard to the RFC site the weekly Eye of the Tiger coaches reports haven't been updated for a while.

Also there has been a bit of disappointment posted on the forum in the past about training times advertised on the official website. People have rang the club and been told there was no training yet others went to training that day and wrote reports. I'm not sure if the situation has improved. It doesn't affect me because I'm not in Melbourne but plenty have been disappointed when training details have been unavailable, not updated or inaccurate. I think it's important to encourage and support those who want to attend, especially when the kids that watch their heoes train are part of our membership base for the future.

The club website is a part of the Bigpond network, and thus is hosted on their system. So sadly there is nothing that the club can do about loading times. All of our important news/video/photos etc do get posted on our social media platforms. I really would encourage you to 'Like' us on Facebook, if you don't already http://www.facebook.com/richmond.fc

Training I agree is very important, and as this emphasis on digital is only recent, content updating is something I would expect to see change as we move towards the new season.