The club is officially on board | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The club is officially on board

DirtyDogTiger said:
should I bring up the outrageous tiger TV hijacking by the AFL?

Great minds think alike. I've every intention of going into more detail about that privately DDT.

RFC_Official said:
Please be aware we are hear to take any feedback to ways we can improve in marketing and fan activities and would love to hear initatives you would like to see and other things alone those lines...however I am not the coach, so on-field talk won't do much good :)

How about some spelling lessons? ;D

rensman said:
Terrific to hear (assuming this is legit...)

Main points from a country member in Victoria) :
- the majority of us are finally happy with the plan for the club on and off field
- any chance of concession country membership packages being released? An expansion of country membership options may be worth investigating.
- The club's official website is notoriously poor. i think you have to go through Telstra and that's a shame. Video quality terrible, content average, difficult to navigate (eg password protected Eye of Tiger section). would love to see this improved (although maybe that's why we are all here at PRE!)
- Most of us hate Etihad stadium, thanks for keeping the pressure on the AFL so we don't have to play there.

GO TIGES,

Rensman
Speak for yourself about Etihad, some of us actually love it there. And yes, I am serious

RFC_Official said:
You read our minds!
Not just the players though, I would love to hear from the coaching staff a lot more during the "off" season, particularly comment about the young players and how they are improving, how the game plan is progressing, who they see as the upcoming seasons improvers at the Club Etc Etc. What their expectations are, how confident they are with respect to the upcoming season, how the list is progressing etc etc

we all read the papers and watch the footy shows every night but we all come here for that bit extra. whether thats a post from a guy that went to training and posts that chimp and jack have bulked up or tambling is running freely etc or candid factual info about on of the boys or coaches, it's not important what the info is we just love our club and need to know everything ;D. those photos from the cuz retirement presser were awesome today. exactly what i imagine most of us want to see.

btw. im loving all the facebook updates, in particular jacks interview today. wish it was longer and he didn't ask the same question twice.

more exclusive content would be good either with an app or other digital media would be good.

for something way out of left field, have we ever thought about having our own tv program or even tv station likle manchester united. i'd pay $20-$30 a month to subscribe every month for the rest of my life

Baloo said:
Cool, then my first complaint suggestion is right up your alley.

Can you make the RFC Website content available free of charge to all RFC Members ? At the moment overseas RFC Members have no free access to the video content and we're encouraged by BigPond to sign up for a premium service to access this content.

It's tough enough being a member overseas. Not being able to view Jack's interviews or Beavis's post match presser make it even tougher.
Right on! I am based in China but my home is UK and I have to rely on the internet for any info on RFC. I spend enough money on the club so could do with all the RFC website info without paying more. Also when I buy from the Tiger Den I get no discount even though I am now an 8 year RFC member. Can we get the Den to improve their site to allow us discounts?

Baloo said:
Cool, then my first complaint suggestion is right up your alley.

Can you make the RFC Website content available free of charge to all RFC Members ? At the moment overseas RFC Members have no free access to the video content and we're encouraged by BigPond to sign up for a premium service to access this content.

It's tough enough being a member overseas. Not being able to view Jack's interviews or Beavis's post match presser make it even tougher.

Me too.

I feel ashamed and dirty to have to download that stuff illegally.

Hey Rosy,

We seem to have a pretty good opportunity to be really constructive here and pass on some good suggestions to the club. Rather than have everyone running their ideas into this one thread, or conversely RFC Official having to constantly search for those gem of ideas that can get buried around the place, why not open a small board section specifically for this sort of stuff.

Posters could then start a thread with their idea, and other posters could comment on it, make further suggestions to it etc.

Any chance of getting those NAB Cup games that we play out in the sticks, streamed to members live over the net?

Nothing worse then when we get knocked out of the NAB cup early and we don't get to see the team play for 3-4 weeks.

I remember the Dons did this a few years a go with NAB cup games, would be a good way of making members sign up early.

RFC Official there are some great threads on PRE about debt paydown, merchandising opportunities, sponsorship, updating the club logo etc. It's worth taking the time to work your way through some of the threads for ideas & thoughts from PRE members. Personally I think RFC should follow the lead of the Bombers and establish a website independent of the AFL (if you still can). Merchandising has improved but can still get better & how about a refresh on the RFC logo?

We need to get the juniors hooked on the RFC as their team. If we are to achieve Benny's 75k membership the club needs to attract and then hold the juniors so they become paying adult members.
The website should be used as tool to this end. Some random ideas that may or may not be attainable or worthwhile.

- A cubs/teenage area where a selected players/coaches/staff can discuss skills, nutrition, training drills for those that play the game, with small videos or photos.
- Stripes Dyer blog. Stripes Dyer game day "helmet" cam where the kids can see themselves from the mascots view.
- Junior Tiger of the week photo contest with a signed ball as giveaway.

For the seniors
Post Draft chat with Damien and the Staff - Why we went down the path we did.
This week in RFC History.

Unfortunately the website in its current form because of the Bigpond millstone (speed, format, AFL stranglehold) has little to offer. We have a massive latent supporter base out there with little or no connection to the club. The RFC website could attract and convince a lot of the dormant Tigers to reconnect.

Streak said:
Hey Rosy,

We seem to have a pretty good opportunity to be really constructive here and pass on some good suggestions to the club. Rather than have everyone running their ideas into this one thread, or conversely RFC Official having to constantly search for those gem of ideas that can get buried around the place, why not open a small board section specifically for this sort of stuff.

Posters could then start a thread with their idea, and other posters could comment on it, make further suggestions to it etc.

Excellent idea if its practical to implement Streak.

i was on the richmondfc website trying to find info on marc dragicevic and couldn't find a past players or archives section with any links to stats and stories about him

that would be nice, i'd speak with rhett bartlett, hes got a some great info on his site

tigerfan1961 said:
Speak for yourself about Etihad, some of us actually love it there. And yes, I am serious
not speaking just for myself I did say MOST of us and am aware that there are exceptions to the rule such as yourself.

LidsBling&Cotch said:
we all read the papers and watch the footy shows every night but we all come here for that bit extra. whether thats a post from a guy that went to training and posts that chimp and jack have bulked up or tambling is running freely etc or candid factual info about on of the boys or coaches, it's not important what the info is we just love our club and need to know everything ;D. those photos from the cuz retirement presser were awesome today. exactly what i imagine most of us want to see.

This is all quite accurate and should be kept in mind when targetting this audience. We come here for something a little extra, and if I could make one suggestion that first came to mind for the digital department, it would be to increase the number of videos by players. For example, Jack's video clips on a trip to Adelaide, Daniel Jackson and Nathan Foley in the supermarket talking about their diet, the segment on AFL Insider showing the Richmond tech guy and how all our players get a USB stick with the game on it... all this is interesting and fit into the category of 'something extra' that we come online for.

DirtyDogTiger said:
should I bring up the outrageous tiger TV hijacking by the AFL?

I've brought that up in every membership survey since.

When Howard Kimber hosted Tiger TV I went along to the taping every week and really felt as much a part of the club as a supporter can for a while. We got to listen to various players, sometimes get up on the couch to give our votes (both my girlfriend and I won meals at Nick Daffy's restaurant out of that--and I got to sit next to Richo when I gave my votes). Then for some reason Howard was bumped for Nathan Bower (not quite like when they replaced that big guy on Ready Steady Cook with Peter Everett, but nowhere near as comfortable or charismatic either), and then the following year (I think) it faded away. I'm still baffled as to why the club (or are you now saying it was the AFL?) did that.