The club is officially on board | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The club is officially on board

Con P

Tiger Cub
Aug 14, 2010
I can't afford to go too things like Club 80 and the Best and Fairist and stuff like the Richo tribune.

Maybe we could get podcasts or live streaming onto this sit?

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
RFC_Official said:
Interesting. Why limit it to just juniors?
Have a read of some of the player threads on here and you will see why it may be wise to keep it the juniors. Some posters can be pretty feral and ferocious.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
RFC_Official said:
Do you have any promotional/marketing material about this? Was it mentioned in passing before, promoted before?

Not sure if you're aware but a few years ago an initiative was started, largely on PRE, to raise money for the club to afford an extra rookie. It's good to see Gus starting to reward the faith.

As a reward for those who contributed, an informal night was arranged where there was a run down on our draft plans and prospects. It developed into a bigger affair and available for anyone to attend, in limited numbers of course.

The function wasn't held one year but there was talk it would return. Haven't heard of it since.

I can provide links to previous discussions about the night if you're interested)

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
What about a members review of the weekends game? It could include a photo or two and writeup on their Tiger experience for the day.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
tommystigers said:
What about a members review of the weekends game? It could include a photo or two and writeup on their Tiger experience for the day.

We've had that as a feature on PRE but I forgot to do it this year. It was good fun to read about the games from a supporter perspective. It will be back on here next season. Hope you'll contribute tommy.

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
rosy23 said:
The function wasn't held one year but there was talk it would return. Haven't heard of it since.

It was last year that it didn't happen. It was because of the renovations at Punt Road that was the reason for no 2009 draft night. Maybe enough of the building works will have been completedin time for this year's draft?

Barnzy

What about me?
Mar 6, 2009
Dunno if it's already been mentioned but Eye of the Tiger on the RFC website is very slow in being updated. Enjoy reading Hardwick's review of the weekly game and Newett's review of the Coburg game. Sometimes it takes a good week to update and sometimes some weeks are skipped, etc. That's really the only suggestion I have re off-field/internet, etc.

davidrodan

Cursed?
Oct 25, 2005
Most of the suggestions I agree with. But is there things we can do to help out the club? Especially from the comfort of our own homes. i.e. clicking on a sponsors link (on the RFC website), debt reduction etc.

Being able to help out the club (no matter how small) really makes us feel involved and part of the club

Tiger29

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 2, 2007
Brisbane
I'll put forward some ideas on behalf of interstate supporters who periodically come to Melbourne to watch the Tigers play. I came down from Brisbane last Saturday to watch the game and there were quite a few people at the airport arriving from different locations wearing Richmond gear.

1. It would be good if you were able to register for a room pass either for before the game or after. I know only limited passes could be made available.
2. Make known the best places at both the MCG & Etihad to sit which would put you close to Richmond members.
3. Does the club have an affiliation with a travel agency which could provide a "game day" package which would include airfares, accomodation and maybe some club activity.

RFC_Official

I am Stig
Aug 17, 2010
www.richmondfc.com.au
davidrodan said:
Most of the suggestions I agree with. But is there things we can do to help out the club? Especially from the comfort of our own homes. i.e. clicking on a sponsors link (on the RFC website), debt reduction etc.

Being able to help out the club (no matter how small) really makes us feel involved and part of the club

We all have our different motivations in here, some would love you to buy a membership, or come on board as a sponsor.

The way you can help me out is became a fan of ours on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Richmond.FC and Twitter http://www.twitter.com/richmond_fc

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Have followed the Twitter since it's inception. It would be really good if it could give more frequent and timely score updates. Sometimes all I have to follow a game is Twitter or PRE on a wireless device.

RFC_Official

I am Stig
Aug 17, 2010
www.richmondfc.com.au
Baloo said:
Have followed the Twitter since it's inception. It would be really good if it could give more frequent and timely score updates. Sometimes all I have to follow a game is Twitter or PRE on a wireless device.

We try 3 to 4 updates per quarter with scores, whilst not trying to spam people. It's a surprisingly tough balancing act.

wayne

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2007
Traralgon
I agree with Barnzy, I like reading Eye of the Tiger, but it's still showing the review of the North Melbourne game and doesn't get updated often enough.

So you get paid for posting on forums all day?

Technically I do as well, but I can be interrupted with work occasionally.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
RFC_Official said:
It's a surprisingly tough balancing act.

yeah, I can understand that. If you have the manpower (twitterpower ?), maybe a second twitter account, say @RFC_Scores or something which on match day does spam out the frequent updates.

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
On facebook I especially love the training photos perhaps they could be available on the official RFC website for those who don't have facebook. I like being able to watch the videos of the press conferences. Interviews the players have done are great (like Jack and Cuz today) I think anything else along those lines are a good idea if the players are willing to get in front of the camera :hihi

Col.E.Kurtz

Tiger Legend
Apr 4, 2005
Positive feedback:
-Really like the facebook page, and the EoTT content, has noticeably improved this year.

Room for improvement:

-Bring back draft night. It was a great way to help the fans understand and engage with the club's decision making process. For every person that was there there were ten more hanging on the various reports on what the club had to say. The media cover the draft really poorly, but fans are very interested in it so there is a big gap and opportunity for the club to fill it. I would easily pay a 3 figure sum for a draft function. 

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
cheers RFC official for at alst taking the initiative on something like this. I have always felt that our website is severely lacking in the illustrious history of this iconic club.

There should be records of every player thats played, games, goals etc

Every premiership team...scores et al

Hope it helps :clap