THE GRANNY!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

THE GRANNY!!

Have to say I’m worried about big mummy.
Reckon he’ll go out swinging.

Yep, my exact thoughts. He will be told to do whatever damage he can, take out who he can. Most likely will be reported, but in his last game, couldn't care less if it helps the team.

2 most important players we need to stop
Cameron & Whitfield
Cameron can score from anywhere on the 50
Whitfield sets them up with precise kicking.
2 players we need to keep an eye on Williams & Taranto too

Coniglio will play too Zips.

I reckon they will roll the dice with Whitfield, Coniglio and obviously Toby comes in after suspension.

Three unlucky players.

Yep, my exact thoughts. He will be told to do whatever damage he can, take out who he can. Most likely will be reported, but in his last game, couldn't care less if it helps the team.

If he tries that then I reckon we need to retaliate and be willing to be reported doing so. Can't allow Mummy to hurt any of our players.

DS

Reactions: 1 user
If he tries that then I reckon we need to retaliate and be willing to be reported doing so. Can't allow Mummy to hurt any of our players.

DS

Exactly sss.

Cant allow then to bully or intimidate us. If that happens shut shop as the premiership will be going to GWS.

Coniglio will play too Zips.

I reckon they will roll the dice with Whitfield, Coniglio and obviously Toby comes in after suspension.

Three unlucky players.

That means they would be playing 2 underdone and unfit players.
This will be to our advantage

Reactions: 2 users
That means they would be playing 2 underdone and unfit players.
This will be to our advantage

Exactly SpaceAce.

I guess we may too if Graham and Broady play???

High stakes. Mny sides take injured unfit players into a GF.

Some come off, some dont.

Exactly SpaceAce.

I guess we may too if Graham and Broady play???

High stakes. Mny sides take injured unfit players into a GF.

Some come off, some dont.

No way graham plays. It would be worse then the day he selected Griffens and Conca to play in a final.
Graham’s ‘one Ace’ is tackling, sorry you can’t tackle with a dislocated shoulder.
And I love Graham.

Reactions: 1 users
Broad the key here.

He is very crucial to our back 6 set up. If I was to take a risk, it would be for Broad to play.

Reactions: 1 users
Broad the key here.

He is very crucial to our back 6 set up. If I was to take a risk, it would be for Broad to play.

He doesn't get a lot of love from some on here but I totally agree he's crucial to our structure. The definitive role player.
Not sure we have a likely replacement and I do worry if he's NQR, it's gonna be an issue. Trusting the MC to learn from last years prelim, and not take blokes in who aren't up to it!

Broad the key here.

Agree.
Broad is crucial to do a job as they will try and stretch our defence with their 3 talls. Finlayson didn’t play last time.

Posted this on the Nank thread but it’s relevant here too!

Sorry.

After briefly hearing Sheedy on SEN, the more now Nank must play.

My ears pricked up when he said how Richmond won the flag with Nank and GRIGG in the ruck.
He said if Nank goes down they don’t win, and proceeding to say if he was coaching, Garry stopped short but we all knew where Sheedy was going with.

Expect something from The Mummy on Soldo.
Soldo is the critical, most critical of the two. Nank the battering ramp!

No way Chol or Balta.
We have to hope they may have run their race and our fitness is good enough if it’s close we run over the top of them!

Also Sheedy may be the one to present the cup but didn’t confirm.
Plus couldn’t hear who he picked. Said Tigers will be tough but didn’t hear his tip!

Nank is important from another perspective, despite being an awesome player, he has mongrel in spades and if Mummy starts stuff, guarantee you the big Mankervis will finish it !

In 2017 what was striking is that none of our players had a bad game. Flossy was about the only one that had a rough start but came good. All our players had either good, very good or great games.

We do that again and it doesn't matter what GWS throw at us.

Of course, but the week leading in is kind of bland. No banter n **** with a bunch of Colonwood rello's etc. Gee Whizz is kinda meh, GeeWhizz there's no life time of niggle n dislike to tap into n agitate.

one of my closest mates is a crows supporter. a group of us (including him) watched the crows beat geelong in the 2017 prelim. and FMD he carried on like a pork chop, despite him not being a massive footy fan. and he continued that GF all week with the expectation his team would win. :rolleyes:

Have to say I’m worried about big mummy.
Reckon he’ll go out swinging.

I think I read that he will play on next season, having hit some sort of contract trigger.

No doubt he'll try to hit bodies hard but it would be foolhardy to risk giving away free kicks in contested situations.

The GWS strength is in clearances and contested ball and a crazy Mummy could bring that unstuck with poor discipline.

Our statistical strength is making teams pay on the turnover.

As long as Mummy doesn't take one or more of our blokes out of the game, he can be as loose as he likes.