The I ❤️ Collingwood thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The I ❤️ Collingwood thread.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Yeah, it’s no ones business but his. The mistake he mad was his associates. Friends are the underrated factor in determining a players success.

On the news it sounded like some random person has secretly filmed him inside a cubicle. Said he wasn't aware he was filmed until Thursday.

That's wrong.

Reactions: 1 user

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
On the news it sounded like some random person has secretly filmed him inside a cubicle. Said he wasn't aware he was filmed until Thursday.

That's wrong.
I couldn’t give a stuff about who is taking what. But why do these athletes put themselves in these positions?

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Yeah, it’s no ones business but his. The mistake he mad was his associates. Friends are the underrated factor in determining a players success.
Not a 'friend" at all! Most likely a sly, sleazy stranger sneakily recording pics or video to sell to the media for $$$.

However, just dumb for anyone, let alone a public figure, to be seen indulging in any open area.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Cause they’re kids. Doing what a lot of their mates do.
They aren’t ordinary kids. They are in the spotlight. Righty or wrongly they have to play to different rules. This would be drummed into them by their clubs. But some are dumb enough not to listen.

Reactions: 6 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Am I late to the party here or has McGuire landed one of his brats a gig at 9 doing footy reporting?
Missed the start so didn't see his byline and then I kept looking at his mug thinking... Who the **** are you!

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Am I late to the party here or has McGuire landed one of his brats a gig at 9 doing footy reporting?
Missed the start so didn't see his byline and then I kept looking at his mug thinking... Who the **** are you!
Yep, he has. Xander is the name apparently. Dad got him the job and he’s got Uncle Tony (Chompers) to show him the ropes. Seems to also mostly report on Collingwood. Funny that.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
In my day, the only time you went into a cubicle with another male was in Thailand.
And I swear I thought he was a she

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Yep, he has. Xander is the name apparently. Dad got him the job and he’s got Uncle Tony (Chompers) to show him the ropes. Seems to also mostly report on Collingwood. Funny that.
Stephen Quartermain said he always knew him as Alexander so he must have adopted a stage name.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
They aren’t ordinary kids. They are in the spotlight. Righty or wrongly they have to play to different rules. This would be drummed into them by their clubs. But some are dumb enough not to listen.
They are ordinary kids thus the mistakes, expecting otherwise is only setting us fans up for disappointment.

The rules are set by us. We determine what rules they play by. Let them make mistakes, they are flawed. They don’t listen that’s why they can do the things they can on the football field.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
They are ordinary kids thus the mistakes, expecting otherwise is only setting us fans up for disappointment.

The rules are set by us. We determine what rules they play by. Let them make mistakes, they are flawed. They don’t listen that’s why they can do the things they can on the football field.
Sorry Scoop but that’s not reality. It’s far from it. We, the average citizen don’t set the rules. It’s set by those looking for a headline. The hungry media looking for its next kill.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
I really hate this *smile* and feel sorry for the young man.

Why this stuff is even an issue in the modern world still escapes me. If a 20 year old wants to take some coke then it should be no-ones business but his own.
Any limits?

If yes, where’s the line?

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
For those feeling sorry for the young man and suggesting drugs are OK then hope they never experience the loss of a loved one or friend killed or badly injured in a car crash driven by someone under the influence of drugs.

Reactions: 7 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Sorry Scoop but that’s not reality. It’s far from it. We, the average citizen don’t set the rules. It’s set by those looking for a headline. The hungry media looking for its next kill.
The media feeds us what they know we want. Everyone loves a club in turmoil headline and I hardly think that Collingwood are in turmoil over this.

Every club would have players having cheeky snorts. It's only a story because we the public click on it every time, people ring SEN expecting these kids to be perfect when they are just kids. We make it a story, the media feeds it to us.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
For those feeling sorry for the young man and suggesting drugs are OK then hope they never experience the loss of a loved one or friend killed or badly injured in a car crash driven by someone under the influence of drugs.
I dont think the main point is that drugs are OK, though of course some have that view.

The empathy for the young man is the way this is treated as a scandal. Players are hounded in the press. Phone videos over toilet cubicles. Gutter actions.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
I dont think the main point is that drugs are OK, though of course some have that view.

The empathy for the young man is the way this is treated as a scandal. Players are hounded in the press. Phone videos over toilet cubicles. Gutter actions.
Bingo, I'm not advocating drugs are OK as an everyday part of life but at the same time kids will be kids and tread their own path. He did the wrong thing but it's not a scandal or something that needs 72 hours of headlines.

Reactions: 1 users

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
I'm also not suggesting drugs are ok, (not sure anyone here has suggested this?) but if that's what people want to do provided it's not affecting anyone else then that is entirely up to them.

There was nothing anywhere saying he drove so thats not relevant at all.