The I ❤️ Collingwood thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The I ❤️ Collingwood thread.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
it already is better......Carlton caught cheating and flounder for a decade, Essendon caught cheating and floundering as well......just need Hawthorn to hit rock bottom and that will be just about perfect
And the Cats also just to see Chris Scott's mug frozen in a perennial Grumpy Cat expression.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
I listened to the Beams sacked podcast. Good on him for doing that and being open about his challenges. Clearly been depressed for a while and coping in different ways while playing good footy. It seems that the footy decision now is that he doesn’t enjoy it anymore now his dad isn’t around.

I’m not sure how you draw the line being what is mental illness and what is I don’t like my job. Without being him, it’s impossible to know, and too easy to make judgements from the keyboard so I’ll keep my opinion to myself. I’d just say it’s worth a listen.

Certainly not helping the pies.

Reactions: 2 users

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
The smartest thing Collingwood could do is set a price for DeGoey - say $750k for 2-3 years - and say take it or leave it. If he leaves it, then so be it. They wouldn’t then have this rubbish going on with other players they’ve already overpaid.
Best part is, there's a real chance the players will resent De Gooby for the tish he's caused

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
How's their form pushing Treloar out the door with his 900k x 5 and only offering to stump up 100k..!

I'm still trying to figure out how he was ever worth it in the 1st placeo_O

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
How's their form pushing Treloar out the door with his 900k x 5 and only offering to stump up 100k..!

Ultimately Treloar will get what's owing to him. Either a new club where the Pies need to top, or he stays at the Pies and collects from them. Now if a big part of the 4.5 is based on match payments, they could bench him. But that wouldn't make sense.

Either way, it's great to see the Pies being abused by their own supporters again.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014

Surely, surely, no other club would be so stupid as to absorb their grossly excessive 'bribe' contract deal for Treloar!
A little concerned that the Dogs are getting lured into some kind of 3 way deal involving Dunkley, the Bummers and Skunks.

Don't let Eddie and Bucks off their own big ugly hook on this.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
I feel a bit sorry for Treloar and all he is copping over the 900k number.

What happened was they had a tight TPP so negotiated with him to extend and spread his contract.

So he might have been on 700,000 with a couple of years to go on his deal and they picked him as someone who was young enough to extend for a longer time.

He agrees to cut 200k per year for the years they are tight, in exchange for extending a few more years and putting the extra 200k on the next couple of contracts, and he gets to continue it at the same rate for the extension years when the cap has grown so the number isn't so significant in a TPP ratio.

If you went through 18 lists you wouldn't find one that doesn't have a few players that have extended in the same light, it's really common but doesn't get mentioned in public because it gives away the TPP issues.

The problem they all have is COVID hit so all projections are completely stuffed all planning for the next few years and that cap growth has become a retraction which may last for some time.

Totally agree that’s it’s not Treloar‘s fault at all and that he is absolutely 100% entitled to all the money originally contracted

Still it’s very very very funny watching it happen

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Letsroar

Tiger Superstar
May 19, 2014
How great would it be to see Collingwood pay $900k per year to watch Trealor play In the seconds

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
There is always joy when the Pies find themselves in trouble, but this time it's especially heart warming as they screwed themselves by trying to be like Richmond.

From backing a coach under pressure to implementing our game style to professing to the world about their love and connectedness to trying to one up us by having a behind the scenes video documentary of their run in 2018 (marred by the fact they lost), they tried to be us and have failed miserably.

Cap pressure, list is in shambles, trying to force favorite sons out, president who is on the nose with many in the industry, coach who despite the PR campaign is being shown to be incapable of sustained Premiership contention. Season 2021 can't some quick enough.

Thanks Eddie. You really are bringing joy to the AFL watching community.

Reactions: 12 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
All it took was 64 minutes and a 68 point deficit.

The pies will never get that back but it’s going to turn out to be the longest hour in thats club history for a while :blowingup

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Big rumour they will rename the Westpac/Holden/Lexus centre
The Dimmy's Centre in 2021.
Treloar $4.99
Phillips $2.99
TAB $1.99

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
There is always joy when the Pies find themselves in trouble, but this time it's especially heart warming as they screwed themselves by trying to be like Richmond.

From backing a coach under pressure to implementing our game style to professing to the world about their love and connectedness to trying to one up us by having a behind the scenes video documentary of their run in 2018 (marred by the fact they lost), they tried to be us and have failed miserably.

Cap pressure, list is in shambles, trying to force favorite sons out, president who is on the nose with many in the industry, coach who despite the PR campaign is being shown to be incapable of sustained Premiership contention. Season 2021 can't some quick enough.

Thanks Eddie. You really are bringing joy to the AFL watching community.
It has shades of the 80's trading war when richmond destroyed itself.

Reactions: 4 users