The I ❤️ Collingwood thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The I ❤️ Collingwood thread.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Only a stupid pathetic football club like Footscary would bail out Collingwood.
They did with Cloke and they will do it again with Treloar.
By the way, where has Footscary got 900k to give to one single player?
I hope they go bust and merge with North.

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Their recent contracts do beggar belief:

Treloar 5 yrs to go on 900k
Cox 2 yrs to go on 650k
Stephenson 2 yrs on 500k
Grundy 7 yrs averaged at $1million a year

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania

Cox 2 yrs to go on 650k
Stephenson 2 yrs on 500k

And they wouldn’t be paying peanuts to Pendlebury, Moore, Sillybottom or Howe either and I think they paid a bit to Mundy to get him to come across from Freo.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Ive been too drunk for the last fortnight to really follow this trade/treloar thing.

so is it right that Collingwood have completely and utterly *smile* up their list management

and cant afford Treloar because they have to pay Mason Cox?

and they are gonna have to pay for him to play for someone else?

Have we really coincided The Richmond Dynasty with Complete Collingwood Incompetence?

oh my. what a wonderful world.

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015

Cox 2 yrs to go on 650k
Stephenson 2 yrs on 500k

Have we really coincided The Richmond Dynasty with Complete Collingwood Incompetence?

oh my. what a wonderful world.

What people don't realise is we have caused this problem at the pies. ....

Time for Eddie to come clean and tell us what really happened the day Ned Guy desperately tried to woo Tom Lynch down at Blairgowie and when he famously jumped a neighbour's fence to escape.
Clearly he fell head first and hasn't recovered.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
This is working out beautifully for the Dogs.

Trade out Dunkley for 2 firsts (possibly giving something back). Trade Treloar in for a 2nd.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Only a club treading water would be dumb enough to take on the Trealor contract.
....In walks the bulldogs.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Wtf is Jack doing hanging with Goddard. .... the bloke has seriously NFI....

He's put himself out there as a footy analyst, come trade expert...... and earlier today on that trade radio was spruiking Coxs' credentials and saying it's a great idea that he get's a contract extension and he's still learning aspects of the game blah blah blah ..... then,

When he's told Cox will be *smile* THIRTY when the next season starts. ..... he says ..... ohhh, I thought he was in his mid 20's:rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Any word on whether he's still going to get his full $900K per season?
And if so - who will be footing the bill - WB or Cwood or both?

My reading of the rules would be that yes, he gets that money no matter where he goes. They could offer a longer term and stretch the cash, but he'll get that cash.

Pies will be paying some. How much is being haggled now I reckon. WB would like 500k paid, but I reckon if they can get the pies to pay 300 to 400k of it per year they'll be happy.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004

Cox 2 yrs to go on 650k
Stephenson 2 yrs on 500k
That's some very ordinary list management right there and the fact they're off loading Treloar and would off load Cox if anyone bit for him AND apparently thinking about Stephenson just illustrates this.

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
I feel a bit sorry for Treloar and all he is copping over the 900k number.

What happened was they had a tight TPP so negotiated with him to extend and spread his contract.

So he might have been on 700,000 with a couple of years to go on his deal and they picked him as someone who was young enough to extend for a longer time.

He agrees to cut 200k per year for the years they are tight, in exchange for extending a few more years and putting the extra 200k on the next couple of contracts, and he gets to continue it at the same rate for the extension years when the cap has grown so the number isn't so significant in a TPP ratio.

If you went through 18 lists you wouldn't find one that doesn't have a few players that have extended in the same light, it's really common but doesn't get mentioned in public because it gives away the TPP issues.

The problem they all have is COVID hit so all projections are completely stuffed all planning for the next few years and that cap growth has become a retraction which may last for some time.

I think you should read back on a post of yours a few days ago before you feel too sorry for him. Not trying to call you out on anything, just in my opinion you were right the first time.
see below.

"I don't see Treloar as a victim because he had control the whole time and still does, and he has benefited in lots of ways from his dealings with the club.

He didn't have to agree to extend his contract and shift the money but he did it because it gave him great job security and the guarantee of really good money for several more years. The benefits to him in terms of protection from injury or loss of form, and the ability to grow his money are huge. Ask someone like Ben Brown how important that stuff is. He went from looking at earning 3 million bucks over the next four years to maybe 800k over the next two years and then who knows, in the space of about 4 months.

Treloar also maintains a position of strength in that with a contract he is in full control of his destiny. He can essentially name where he wants to play, whether it is Collingwood or anywhere else prepared to deal for him. Had he not had the extension he may well be in the same position he is now but without the safety net of a contract.

Swings and roundabouts both ways for mine."

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
My reading of the rules would be that yes, he gets that money no matter where he goes. They could offer a longer term and stretch the cash, but he'll get that cash.

Pies will be paying some. How much is being haggled now I reckon. WB would like 500k paid, but I reckon if they can get the pies to pay 300 to 400k of it per year they'll be happy.

I really hope so - and it’s not that I like Treloar at all coz I absolutely don’t

Either of those scenarios would be spot on i.e. Coll paying $900k to a player they don’t rate - or paying say $300k for him to play elsewhere

But I actually reckon it would be quite unfair on Treloar if he “only” got say $500k from WB and $100k from Cwood

Like to see this shyte fyte drag out as long as possible

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
What people don't realise is we have caused this problem at the pies. ....

Time for Eddie to come clean and tell us what really happened the day Ned Guy desperately tried to woo Tom Lynch down at Blairgowie and when he famously jumped a neighbour's fence to escape.
Clearly he fell head first and hasn't recovered.
I think Guy got confused and still thought he was a player manager, not a list manager.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
This is doing my head in.
They haven't got cap space to sign up Milocheck and Degoey but they're out there trying to get Gunstan, while they have Phillips, Cox and Treloar all hanging in limbo.
The club is flked.
Whos running the show down there? Humphrey??