The I ❤️ Collingwood thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The I ❤️ Collingwood thread.

Bulldogs would be morons to consider taking Trelol.

Treloar is worth taking, just nowhere near what his contract says he gets paid.

The problem is that anyone taking Treloar is taking the back end of a contract which was low at the start and now has to make up for that. So you are paying overs to compensate for a competitor club paying unders for a few years. Sounds like a s*** deal to me.

DS

Reactions: 3 users
Bulldogs would be morons to consider taking Trelol.

I don't want anyone to take Treloar off their filthy hands.

Nothing against Adam, I just want him to stay and destroy the Maggots ability to move in the player market and hobbling therm for the next few seasons.

Reactions: 4 users
We are about to find out how bad the salary cap situation is at the Pies. There could be some be some five minutes before closing time at the bakery type bargains available.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Geez if I didnt know any better I'd think their list managers are operatives slingshotted into the Lexus Centre to scuttle the joint.

No way are they shifting him with that wage ha ha ha ha surely no one is taking that on.
Indeed not. Just to update my table of Collingwoods financial mismanagement of players they’re now trying to offload:

Treloar $900k
Cox $550k
Stephenson $500k
Phillips $600k

Those 4 stars cost the Pies around $2.5m of their salary cap. Good value.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Treloar is worth taking, just nowhere near what his contract says he gets paid.

The problem is that anyone taking Treloar is taking the back end of a contract which was low at the start and now has to make up for that. So you are paying overs to compensate for a competitor club paying unders for a few years. Sounds like a s*** deal to me.

DS
Agree David. He's a good (but flawed) player. We've got plenty of them and they play their role, BUT they aren't worth $900k and neither is Trelol.

Collingwood asked him for a favour and heavily back end his contract. Now they want to ship him out and contribute a pittance towards next year's salary?

Seriously low management. Players will lose so much trust with them.

Muppets all got their premiership pay rises after failing to win anything.

Phillips on $600k

Cox on $550 K

Treloar on $900k

Overspent on Grundy and also resigned the likes of Thomas, TABevenson and Elliot to bigger better deals, then the Beams debacle.

In comparison to RFC lets look at some of our blokes.

Castagna 3 x PP wont be on anywhere near those wages.

Broad 3 x PP again wont be on wages near that.

Pickett 2x PP we know he was on scraps and still wont be on massive cash after re signing but better cash than he's ever had before so he's happy.

McIntosh 2 x PP wont be on massive money either I wouldn't think.

Baker 2 x PP wont be on big coin yet either.

Balta 1x PP is a baby but his pay rise is on the horizon.

RFC has a culture now where players accept less for more, and if they arent in then they are assisted to leave to their satisfaction..

Skunks still have the every man for themselves mentality, and they are going nowhere with that mantra.

Reactions: 2 users
Geez if I didnt know any better I'd think their list managers are operatives slingshotted into the Lexus Centre to scuttle the joint.

Well Ned Guy was a player manager before he became the Pies list manager.

Seems to have forgotten that he doesn't work for the players anymore :)

• Haha
Indeed not. Just to update my table of Collingwoods financial mismanagement of players they’re now trying to offload:

Treloar $900k
Cox $550k
Stephenson $500k
Phillips $600k

But you need to add on the inflated deals for Beams, Langdon (both of whom no longer fit to play), Wells (moved on but overhang payments) and Howe probably on top $$ with an LTI. Some really bad luck there admittedly ... and really poor judgement.

The Skunks really laid everything on the line for that elusive flag. Well done Weagles, especially Dom Sheed, in '18. It's also amusing that DeGoey and dad could have got his $m contract if he went to Norf. :D

Phillips on $600k

Cox on $550 K

Treloar on $900k

Overspent on Grundy and also resigned the likes of Thomas, TABevenson and Elliot to bigger better deals, then the Beams debacle.

Pickett 2x PP we know he was on scraps and still wont be on massive cash after re signing but better cash than he's ever had before so he's happy.

RFC has a culture now where players accept less for more, and if they arent in then they are assisted to leave to their satisfaction..

Skunks still have the every man for themselves mentality, and they are going nowhere with that mantra.
Plus it looks like we now have the bonus $$ freed up by the Rance finalised exit to distribute wisely. (BTW, anyone heard anything re Alex but please no more unfounded rumours).

As well, our guys would have received some lovely extra remuneration from the $$$ from winning another flag. Loyalty and modesty still DO have their own rewards it seems.

Treloar $900k
Cox $550k
Stephenson $500k
Phillips $600k

All bad but it beggars belief that Stephenson could be on that sort of money. Must have a good manager considering he would have initially signed a 2 year deal.

Plus it looks like we now have the bonus $$ freed up by the Rance finalised exit to distribute wisely. (BTW, anyone heard anything re Alex but please no more unfounded rumours).

As well, our guys would have received some lovely extra remuneration from the $$$ from winning another flag. Loyalty and modesty still DO have their own rewards it seems.
Just ask Dusty...

I've heard that he is incredibly fit and is training far more than anyone in retirement would. A month ago I was certain he would be back.

Nothing much seems to be happening though but I still have the hunch he will play again next season.
If anyone would be in the know it’s you I guess BR...

Phillips on $600k

Cox on $550 K

Treloar on $900k

Teams that are in the habit of winning flags can get their players to take less to stay with a winnng group.

Teams that are in the habit of winning flags can get their players to take less to stay with a winnng group.
Thats always been the case with dynaasty sides but the funniest part is that this mob all went for Premiership $$ for a false Prelim win over a Tigers side that took the field with 3-5 unfit players (including Martin Cotchin, Dave, Lambert, and Astbury), and then they got their pants pulled down in less than a half of footy when 5 goals in front in the GF.

Geez imagine the mess had they actually won something.

Y
Thats always been the case with dynaasty sides but the funniest part is that this mob all went for Premiership $$ for a false Prelim win over a Tigers side that took the field with 3-5 unfit players (including Martin Cotchin, Dave, Lambert, and Astbury), and then they got their pants pulled down in less than a half of footy when 5 goals in front in the GF.

Geez imagine the mess had they actually won something.
They’ll always have their Preliminaryship, though.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users