The Murdocracy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Murdocracy

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Well finally an admission that Hannity and Tucker and co are the liars that anyone with half a brain knowns them to be.
It beggars belief that their media laws don’t allow broader prosecution. It’s not like any of these aholes were distributing an opinion. They were wilfully pushing lies and mis truths, dressing them up as facts via a mass market media chanel.

It’s taken a commercial harm to an entity to bring this to court, but what about the harm perpetrated upon the American public ???

Reactions: 4 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
It beggars belief that their media laws don’t allow broader prosecution. It’s not like any of these aholes were distributing an opinion. They were wilfully pushing lies and mis truths, dressing them up as facts via a mass market media chanel.

It’s taken a commercial harm to an entity to bring this to court, but what about the harm perpetrated upon the American public ???
I get itchy knuckles every time I see that sucker Tucker.

Reactions: 2 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Didn’t want to start a new thread about something minor, but it’s something that’s got me scratching my head and it concerns the HUN. Not sure what’s happening here. On page 10 today there’s a story with a half page photo promoting the Good Friday Appeal. The photo has a few Appeal Ambassadors in it including Emma Murray. The one that stands out for me is Ben Brown. Now, on the weekend he had his head shaved for charity. It was all over the news. In this pic, he has his full Sideshow Bob head of hair. Is he wearing a wig or is the hun being lazy and just rehashed an old group photo from a while back? It’s minor in the big scheme of things but it’s bugging me :)

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Didn’t want to start a new thread about something minor, but it’s something that’s got me scratching my head and it concerns the HUN. Not sure what’s happening here. On page 10 today there’s a story with a half page photo promoting the Good Friday Appeal. The photo has a few Appeal Ambassadors in it including Emma Murray. The one that stands out for me is Ben Brown. Now, on the weekend he had his head shaved for charity. It was all over the news. In this pic, he has his full Sideshow Bob head of hair. Is he wearing a wig or is the hun being lazy and just rehashed an old group photo from a while back? It’s minor in the big scheme of things but it’s bugging me :)
Maybe they simply took the photo last week n hadn't got around to starting up the promo yet. Too much time n effort to try and get all the ambassadors back together for another photo shoot just coz Ben's had a haircut.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Maybe they simply took the photo last week n hadn't got around to starting up the promo yet. Too much time n effort to try and get all the ambassadors back together for another photo shoot just coz Ben's had a haircut.
That thought did come to me straight after I hit the post button :)

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
What I am noticing atm is a big paradigm shift. It has been going on in Victoria for 4-5 years, but I reckon the country has woken up to this over the past 12 months.

No one listens to the Murdoch Media anymore. People finally acknowledge they are a propaganda machine for the right and the message doesn’t get through anymore.

In fact, I would go as far as saying it backfires on them. I honestly felt the Herald Sun was a secret weapon for Andrews in the VIC state election. Rehashing conspiracies about his fall for example. It made them look pathetic.

Has anyone jumped onto the Herald Sun socials recently? All responses are either from cookers (who seem to be their main target demographic nowadays) or critics who just take the p!ss out of them.

This has been highlighted in all its glory this week after the hysteria from the Murdoch Media re the Super changes. This time I reckon it’s the federal government using them to their advantage. And they fell for it hook line and sinker. So did Dutton. Albo and Chalmers wanted them to be outraged over this IMO.

If the Liberal Party had any brains, they would start separating themselves from the Murdoch Media. But they won’t. They’re in too deep.

Reactions: 6 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

So dangerous. Murdoch is cancer.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
What I am noticing atm is a big paradigm shift. It has been going on in Victoria for 4-5 years, but I reckon the country has woken up to this over the past 12 months.

No one listens to the Murdoch Media anymore. People finally acknowledge they are a propaganda machine for the right and the message doesn’t get through anymore.

In fact, I would go as far as saying it backfires on them. I honestly felt the Herald Sun was a secret weapon for Andrews in the VIC state election. Rehashing conspiracies about his fall for example. It made them look pathetic.

Has anyone jumped onto the Herald Sun socials recently? All responses are either from cookers (who seem to be their main target demographic nowadays) or critics who just take the p!ss out of them.

This has been highlighted in all its glory this week after the hysteria from the Murdoch Media re the Super changes. This time I reckon it’s the federal government using them to their advantage. And they fell for it hook line and sinker. So did Dutton. Albo and Chalmers wanted them to be outraged over this IMO.

If the Liberal Party had any brains, they would start separating themselves from the Murdoch Media. But they won’t. They’re in too deep.
Could also be that the younger generations are all just happy to be lead by the nose from someone in authority. Most don't follow the old mainstream media, they're all about liking likes on social media n having someone else be in charge of important stuff.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Could also be that the younger generations are all just happy to be lead by the nose from someone in authority. Most don't follow the old mainstream media, they're all about liking likes on social media n having someone else be in charge of important stuff.
I see it differently. My parents are loooong time HUN readers, back when it was just The Herald in the afternoons. It's always been their source of news. Now they are reading complete biased crap and they don't even realise. They believe it because to them, The HUN was always about news, not opinion of the rich owner

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
I see it differently. My parents are loooong time HUN readers, back when it was just The Herald in the afternoons. It's always been their source of news. Now they are reading complete biased crap and they don't even realise. They believe it because to them, The HUN was always about news, not opinion of the rich owner
My parents are exactly the same. Long time HUN readers and LNP voters. They're now in the late 80s and I gave up reasoning with them years ago. Seems to be the older folks get, the more conservative they become.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
My parents are exactly the same. Long time HUN readers and LNP voters. They're now in the late 80s and I gave up reasoning with them years ago. Seems to be the older folks get, the more conservative they become.

My brother and I caught up with my mum on Thursday and said she that her brother told her he is voting yes in The Voice referendum. She carried on about how shocked she was and how “they get so much,” and the yes vote will lose, etc, etc.

My brother and I looked at each other and rolled collectively our eyes.

What’s more is that my family has traditionally been Labor voters (especially my maternal grandparents).

My mum doesn’t read the newspaper, but she does listen to 3AW.

Boomers will be Boomers.

Big Tiger

Tiger Rookie
Jul 15, 2013
Gee, the old my parents are stupid and can't think for themselves one hey. I thought that and then by about 23 years of age realised they're a bit smarter than I thought and kept on realising it as the years went on. Maybe they're getting wiser with age and weren't brainwashed a certain ideology at school and Uni rather than more conservative. Heaven forbid they dare have a contrary opinion.

• Haha

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Gee, the old my parents are stupid and can't think for themselves one hey. I thought that and then by about 23 years of age realised they're a bit smarter than I thought and kept on realising it as the years went on. Maybe they're getting wiser with age and weren't brainwashed a certain ideology at school and Uni rather than more conservative. Heaven forbid they dare have a contrary opinion.

Not sure @Nico or myself called our parents stupid and I really don't know where you get off saying that.

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
I've gone back and read some of your posts. Sad. What are you doing on PRE Donald Jnr?

• Haha

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003

I don't think you are wrong, but its more complicated than that.

While he always leans right, as far right as he possible can within certain constraints, history shows that his media line and influence has varied. Varied a lot on influence. To put it in simple terms, does he set or follow the prevailing dominant view? A bit of both.

Sometimes he backs the wrong horse, keeps flogging Far Right Baby all the way home and they lose, like happened in Vic and has happened in the past. Question is did he excacerbate or minimise the loss from his perspective? The latter IMO.

Sometimes he backs the left, doesn't happen often, but he has. Only when there is an overwhelming tide for change, old stale scandal-ridden conservative party and a sexy new labor leader who is unbackable favourite. He backed Tony Blair in the UK, and I'm going back a long way, to when he wasn't as far right, John Cain in Victoria. It looks like he has now gone so far Trump right that those days are over.

Historically in terms of influence, obviously with a couple of exceptions he usually backs the right but they don't always win, only 1 state government in Aus, Trump lost in the US. So that backs you up big time.

I agree on the future, in Australia he seems to have decided that only right wing nutcases buy newspapers these days so he'll ride that shrinking income stream until they all die.

I always take comfort in the fact nobody really reads the Aus, has never turned a profit since it started in the late 1960s, even during the golden age.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Sometimes he backs the wrong horse, keeps flogging Far Right Baby all the way home and they lose, like happened in Vic and has happened in the past. Question is did he excacerbate or minimise the loss from his perspective? The latter IMO.

Are you suggesting he minimised the loss at the VIC state election? All of the pundits were suggesting Andrews would be returned on a reduced majority. He actually increased it.

• Haha

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
YEs I
Are you suggesting he minimised the loss at the VIC state election? All of the pundits were suggesting Andrews would be returned on a reduced majority. He actually increased it.
Yes. The punditry is often wrong, and very wrong. Murdoch succeeded in making people believe the cooker quotient, both size and influence, was far bigger than it actually was and is.

As I've said often, the cookers, and the far right generally, trade on and self-identify as being a silent majority, when by any measure, they are actually an extremely noisy minority.

Reactions: 1 user

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
YEs I

Yes. The punditry is often wrong, and very wrong. Murdoch succeeded in making people believe the cooker quotient, both size and influence, was far bigger than it actually was and is.

As I've said often, the cookers, and the far right generally, trade on and self-identify as being a silent majority, when by any measure, they are actually an extremely noisy minority.

Fair enough, but I would argue the opposite. I‘m of the view that Victorians believe cookers are extremists. And voted accordingly. Not one of them came close to winning a seat in either house.

The fact that they were/are so loud and given a platform by the media to push their cooker agenda worked against them.

I’ve noticed “Voice for Victoria” have tried to calm down their rhetoric on twitter since the election. Perhaps they have woken up to the fact that people look at them as if they’re crazy and they need to change? But if you antagonise them enough, their inner cooker always come out. They can’t help it. :mhihi

< Brexited | China >