The Murdocracy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Murdocracy

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
Fair enough, but I would argue the opposite. I‘m of the view that Victorians believe cookers are extremists. And voted accordingly. Not one of them came close to winning a seat in either house.

The fact that they were/are so loud and given a platform by the media to push their cooker agenda worked against them.

I’ve noticed “Voice for Victoria” have tried to calm down their rhetoric on twitter since the election. Perhaps they have woken up to the fact that people look at them as if they’re crazy and they need to change? But if you antagonise them enough, their inner cooker always come out. They can’t help it. :mhihi
If you had to pass a IQ test to get a ballot paper,Labor would never get in ,,,Hey chief cooker

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
If you had to pass a IQ test to get a ballot paper,Labor would never get in ,,,Hey chief cooker

Research tells us left leaning people have higher intelligence than right leaning people. And the Murdoch media takes advantage of the gullible. And unless you lost a bet or something, a right leaning person using a left wing symbol as their avatar doesn’t exactly create a positive perception of that person. Sorry, but that’s how I see it.

Reactions: 3 users

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
Research tells us left leaning people have higher intelligence than right leaning people. And the Murdoch media takes advantage of the gullible. And unless you lost a bet or something, a right leaning person using a left wing symbol as their avatar doesn’t exactly create a positive perception of that person. Sorry, but that’s how I see it.
lololol Research hey ,what from PRE.:LOL:
Mate labor is not Labor anymore,it is a bunch of activists ,Bob Hawke is the last true Labor leader.

As for the Eureka flag,it was not designed to be used by a bunch of militants unions,

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
My brother and I caught up with my mum on Thursday and said she that her brother told her he is voting yes in The Voice referendum. She carried on about how shocked she was and how “they get so much,” and the yes vote will lose, etc, etc.

My brother and I looked at each other and rolled collectively our eyes.

What’s more is that my family has traditionally been Labor voters (especially my maternal grandparents).

My mum doesn’t read the newspaper, but she does listen to 3AW.

Boomers will be Boomers.

My dad was working class and mum came from business owning parents, so they voted differently to each other. It used to lead to some heated arguments. My sister and I followed mum, but not for very long for me, I soon saw the light and came around to dads way of thinking.

If someone grew up with both parents being of the same persuasion it would not take much to be somewhat brainwashed, especially if they are watching Skynews with their parents, or in the USA FoxNews.
Right leaning people will say that, that would apply to families who watch the ABC. I can understand how right leaning people might think that the ABC favour the left, but I find their reporting to be mostly unbiased and fairly balanced.

Interested to know how many PREnders vote along the lines of what their parents do/did.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
lololol Research hey ,what from PRE.:LOL:
Mate labor is not Labor anymore,it is a bunch of activists ,Bob Hawke is the last true Labor leader.

As for the Eureka flag,it was not designed to be used by a bunch of militants unions,
He's right. Study after study shows that people who lean towards liberal, left, progressives have higher IQs, on average than conservatives. (Thats not to say every left winger is smart, or every conservative is thick, its an average). Look it up.

Labor has always been activist. Labor tries to make things better, Liberals try to keep things as they are. Thats key to the philosophical basis, whether you agree or not with either.

The Eureka flag was not designed to be used by militants? Are you serious? You are aware that the Eureka Stockade was an armed rebellion against the government right?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
He's right. Study after study shows that people who lean towards liberal, left, progressives have higher IQs, on average than conservatives. (Thats not to say every left winger is smart, or every conservative is thick, its an average). Look it up.

Labor has always been activist. Labor tries to make things better, Liberals try to keep things as they are. Thats key to the philosophical basis, whether you agree or not with either.

The Eureka flag was not designed to be used by militants? Are you serious? You are aware that the Eureka Stockade was an armed rebellion against the government right?
Yeah a big difference to what the gold miners stood for then,and the militant unions who use the flag today.
The Militant unions donate members money to the labor government,the gold miners where fighting the government and many died doing so.
Also the Eureka is believed to represent white supremacy ,relating back to the 1800's ,something to do with the chinese imagrants ,and the flag over the year's has been used by Australian communists.

As for research ,how many people where involved 1,10,100,1million ,it's pretty meaning less unless you research a very large amount of people.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Yeah a big difference to what the gold miners stood for then,and the militant unions who use the flag today.
The Militant unions donate members money to the labor government,the gold miners where fighting the government and many died doing so.
Also the Eureka is believed to represent white supremacy ,relating back to the 1800's ,something to do with the chinese imagrants ,and the flag over the year's has been used by Australian communists.

As for research ,how many people where involved 1,10,100,1million ,it's pretty meaning less unless you research a very large amount of people.
Big difference? Not really.

Don't understand your point re Labor Party and the Imperial essentially British Government of the 1850s. The rebels were fighting for the vote. Against taxation without representation.

White supremacy?. No. There was racism back then, no doubt. The words of rebel leader Peter Lalor, as recounted by Rafaello Carboni who was there and wrote the book in 1855:

"I call on all my fellow-diggers, irrespective of nationality, religion, and colour, to salute the “Southern Cross” as the refuge of all the oppressed from all countries on earth’

Also there were 2 black men of African descent in the Stockade. They just built a statue for one over in Bendigo I believe.

Reactions: 5 users

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
Big difference? Not really.

Don't understand your point re Labor Party and the Imperial essentially British Government of the 1850s. The rebels were fighting for the vote. Against taxation without representation.

White supremacy?. No. There was racism back then, no doubt. The words of rebel leader Peter Lalor, as recounted by Rafaello Carboni who was there and wrote the book in 1855:

"I call on all my fellow-diggers, irrespective of nationality, religion, and colour, to salute the “Southern Cross” as the refuge of all the oppressed from all countries on earth’

Also there were 2 black men of African descent in the Stockade. They just built a statue for one over in Bendigo I believe.
There is references to the flag being a symbol of white supremacy ,l didn't know that until l did a bit of further investigation.it was against the chinese.
The militant unions who use the flag,are the ones who give the Labor government money at election time,the Rebels where fighting against mining tax as well as the corruption and injustice that was going on.

Peter lalor ended up in government,and the funny thing was he ended up turning on miners later in his life.

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Have some messages in this thread been deleted? Or someone banned?

The poster "Adamski" was asked to move on, not sure whether their posts were deleted though. But that was a month ago or so now.

Reactions: 2 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
The Murdoch’s, Hannity, Tucker and co should be jailed for crimes against the cooker right wing ie lying and taking advantage of the dumb and vulnerable.

Reactions: 4 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
If someone grew up with both parents being of the same persuasion it would not take much to be somewhat brainwashed, especially if they are watching Skynews with their parents, or in the USA FoxNews.
Right leaning people will say that, that would apply to families who watch the ABC. I can understand how right leaning people might think that the ABC favour the left, but I find their reporting to be mostly unbiased and fairly balanced.

My dad was always Labor, but as he got older he turned into a full on boomer. Didn’t like Bracks/Brumby. If he were alive now i‘m sure he would hate Andrews.

My partner on the other hand, she’s infuriating. She cares about some social issues (indigenous and same sex rights for example). But she votes Liberal because she hates Bill Shorten (our local member) and because “dole bludgers are bad.”

But in general, her attitude towards politics is apathetic and has no real interest. She is a living example as to why voting shouldn’t be compulsory.

the Eureka is believed to represent white supremacy ,relating back to the 1800's ,something to do with the chinese imagrants ,and the flag over the year's has been used by Australian communists.

So you are using an avatar you claim has links to white supremacy…?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
But in general, her attitude towards politics is apathetic and has no real interest. She is a living example as to why voting shouldn’t be compulsory.
Look at the US and see what happens when voting isn't compulsory

< Brexited | China >