The Richmond 2017 AFL Grand Final thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Richmond 2017 AFL Grand Final thread

Re: The 2017 AFL Grand Final thread

The corporate tickets seemed to sell out pretty quickly this year. Fair chance the desperate tiger fans had something to do with it ;D

Baloo said:
Question for those living in Melbourne. I'm obviously taking a lot more interest this week than ever before, especially as the internet wasn't around the last time we were in a GF, but the current saturation of all things Richmond, is that normal for the teams, or Vic based team in Grand Final week? Or is this week a lot bigger and saturated to the point it's Tiger Week, not Grand Final week, because of the fact we are Richmond?
It's definitely bigger because the Tigers are involved. I have spoken to two business that are involved with souvenir stuff and they tell me it's the biggest they have ever seen it. Puma have reportedly sold everything Richmond they could make and still have massive demand. Something like five times what they expected. Almost every shop in Richmond has black and yellow windows. VicRoads are talking about having to close streets on Saturday due to traffic concerns. Two pubs have repainted their exteriors yellow and black. There are massive street art murals appearing of Dusty and Tigers appearing around the suburb.
Mate it is HUGE. It most definitely is TIGER WEEK.

Everyone tipping the crows. Good for us. Bring it on.

What I want to know is, where is Diggler's caravan? Is it sitting quite and lonely and forgotten with mildew on the perspex windows along side a classic but rusting EH? Will it be parked up outside PRO on Saturday ready to make a mad dash and claim the coveted spot once the celebrations have died down?

KnightersRevenge said:
What I want to know is, where is Diggler's caravan? Is it sitting quite and lonely and forgotten with mildew on the perspex windows along side a classic but rusting EH? Will it be parked up outside PRO on Saturday ready to make a mad dash and claim the coveted spot once the celebrations have died down?

I think Houdini has rented diggler’s caravan. The other one will be outside the ground selling fairyfloss

The Mole said:
It's definitely bigger because the Tigers are involved. I have spoken to two business that are involved with souvenir stuff and they tell me it's the biggest they have ever seen it. Puma have reportedly sold everything Richmond they could make and still have massive demand. Something like five times what they expected. Almost every shop in Richmond has black and yellow windows. VicRoads are talking about having to close streets on Saturday due to traffic concerns. Two pubs have repainted their exteriors yellow and black. There are massive street art murals appearing of Dusty and Tigers appearing around the suburb.
Mate it is HUGE. It most definitely is TIGER WEEK.

It IS Tiger Week because it IS Tiger Time.
Go Tigers.

One thing that annoys me about the GF - they don't seem to play the teams' proper songs.

They play some fancy newer versions.

Wonder why it is.

It's a small thing but I absolutely hate it.

Baloo said:
I think Houdini has rented diggler’s caravan. The other one will be outside the ground selling fairyfloss
They'll be the first ones crying when we win.

I started off this week trying to protect myself.

I reasoned that Adelaide are a superb unit and beating them would be an upset, so who cares?

But now I'm all in. I'll be shattered if we lose. I know that we'll take it up to them. That's what we do.

We're in this up to our necks and I love it.

Baron Samedi said:
I started off this week trying to protect myself.

I reasoned that Adelaide are a superb unit and beating them would be an upset, so who cares?

But now I'm all in. I'll be shattered if we lose. I know that we'll take it up to them. That's what we do.

We're in this up to our necks and I love it.

I won't be shattered if we lose. Sad yes; maybe disappointed.

But this is the year that has restored my faith in the RFC. I've supported them all my life; like my dad, like his dad and like my son will undoubtedly do. My wife as well. I'm a 23 year gold member. I saw great times as a kid but mostly rubbish as an adult. I've never considered abandoning them but geez the resolve has been tested on many occasions.

But this year we are back. I still can't quite believe it from where we were last year but here we are. I am so nervous, like a cat on a hot tin roof, but I think it's just such a foreign feeling. The Tigers in a Grand Final! I want us to win so bad but at the same time I am so proud of what they have done.

I think we are a massive chance on Saturday; huge. None of the so called experts are tipping us but stiff *smile*. If we win it will be one of the best days of my life. If we lose it will no doubt be a *smile* feeling but I will still feel extremely proud to be a Richmond supporter and look forward to the future with more hope than ever.

Cmmmmoooooonnnnnn Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggerrrrrrrssss!!!!!!!!!

Just got back to work from Punt Road.
Went to the Superstore to get a few things and just my luck the boys were out training so I stayed for a while to watch.
They were doing a bit of match simulation and practicing the defensive setups and link-ups from a turnover.
Then went into a few drills. Great signs because the ball just didn't seem to be hitting the deck.

Broad, Astbury and Lambert all took part and I could see no sign of soreness in them.

Dusty, Rioli & Jack were right near where I was & Geeez they look sharp!!
I reckon they're ready!!!

Good to hear re Lablett. He is mega important for us to win.

Ridley said:
I won't be shattered if we lose. Sad yes; maybe disappointed.

But this is the year that has restored my faith in the RFC. I've supported them all my life; like my dad, like his dad and like my son will undoubtedly do. My wife as well. I'm a 23 year gold member. I saw great times as a kid but mostly rubbish as an adult. I've never considered abandoning them but geez the resolve has been tested on many occasions.

But this year we are back. I still can't quite believe it from where we were last year but here we are. I am so nervous, like a cat on a hot tin roof, but I think it's just such a foreign feeling. The Tigers in a Grand Final! I want us to win so bad but at the same time I am so proud of what they have done.

I think we are a massive chance on Saturday; huge. None of the so called experts are tipping us but stiff sh!t. If we win it will be one of the best days of my life. If we lose it will no doubt be a sh!t feeling but I will still feel extremely proud to be a Richmond supporter and look forward to the future with more hope than ever.

Cmmmmoooooonnnnnn Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggerrrrrrrssss!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, feel exactly the same.

I wasn't expecting this so every finals win has just been cream.

I'm just wrapt how proffessional we have been of late. Winning a Grannie would be absolute unexpected bonus.

TigerTribe5 said:
Then went into a few drills. Great signs because the ball just didn't seem to be hitting the deck.

Bit different to 1980. There was a newspaper report on our final training session that began "It probably means nothing, but Richmond's training last night was terrible."

Might be worth a separate poll but where are people watching? Live at the G? Public spots like PRO or bars? Traditional BBQ with mates. Special BBQ with mates. Tiger family reunions? With elderly parents or family to share the experience. Alone at home?

Me, alone at home. Plenty of options here for public places like bars and the Aussie club, but I'm not sure I'll cope in a crowd, especially if we win. I prefer to sob like a baby in private. So it will be me, TV, beers, soft items to throw and a few battery packs to keep the mobile device linked to pre and responding to the torrent of messages from all over the world as the match plays out.

Others?

I'll be at the G Baloo.

Although I'm a bit concerned about sobbing like a baby too!

16deg on Saturday. For some reason, I wanna see a cloudy day just like in 1980, with a little will o' the wisp in Rio running around kicking a bag of goals......all reminiscent of 1980. Only thing missing is the confetti on the grass and the wavy paper flags.

Baloo said:
Might be worth a separate poll but where are people watching? Live at the G? Public spots like PRO or bars? Traditional BBQ with mates. Special BBQ with mates. Tiger family reunions? With elderly parents or family to share the experience. Alone at home?

Me, alone at home. Plenty of options here for public places like bars and the Aussie club, but I'm not sure I'll cope in a crowd, especially if we win. I prefer to sob like a baby in private. So it will be me, TV, beers, soft items to throw and a few battery packs to keep the mobile device linked to pre and responding to the torrent of messages from all over the world as the match plays out.

Others?

I'll be at punt road, Balooga.

I'm the opposite, I would struggle to watch the game on my own. The dramatic commentary for every little play destroys my nerves. The crowd will calm me down. I've accepted I'll be crying in front of them. I'm less likely too if we lose though.

I'll be at Punt Road with my Dad unless we can somehow jag a ticket off a scalper before the game.

Baloo said:

Others?

I'll be there. Q57, row D.