The Richmond 2017 AFL Grand Final thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Richmond 2017 AFL Grand Final thread

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Re: The 2017 AFL Grand Final thread

Why worry !! Tigers line up includes two Brownlow winners , a two time Coleman Medallist, All Australian Captain & Full Back & a Rioli. The rest are no squibs & come from far & wide. After the dust settles at The G on Saturday this Tiger lot shall stand taller than any Tiger team I have seen in my 78 years.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014

Giardiasis said:
Might help us that the crows spanked us last time we played (false sense of security) and also that they haven't played us since we got the mozzies structure set up.

Yes, the other really interesting factor in 2017 is that every team that beat us, where there was a re-match, we convincingly reversed the result 2nd time around: Freo, St.Kilda, Geelong and GWS. We only got to play the Swans and Bulldogs once.

Adelaide's turn?

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

In all my years here, this is by far and away the best thread on PRE.
Never thought I would see this day.
Unbelievably happy & so excited by what's to come.

This Tiger train is a freaking runaway locomotive.
I think we will beat Adelaide FWIW & it will end up being one of the greatest days of our lives.

TigerTribe5

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 14, 2010

Tigers of Old said:
In all my years here, this is by far and away the best thread on PRE.
Never thought I would see this day.
Unbelievably happy & so excited by what's to come.

This Tiger train is a freaking runaway locomotive.
I think we will beat Adelaide FWIW & it will end up being one of the greatest days of our lives.

Me too ToO!

I'm enjoying listening to all of the talk coming out of Adelaide ... got a feeling that they are quite concerned.

First there was Tex talking down the crowd. I think he might be underestimating the resourcefulness of us Tigers and our ability to get tickets and don't forget the Tiger supporting MCC members access to tickets.

Then there is the Crows training to counter Dusty and Sloane saying he'll just run through him lol .... good luck with that.

Also they are coming to play on our home ground!

So despite their typical Crows bravado I think without doing too much (Punt Road has been fairly quiet) we are on top in the psychological stakes.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004

My prediction , scores are close at halftime, we grind them into the ground and win ,like we have done in the other 2 finals ,

Their chance is to jump us on the scoreboard early , we must not let them get away

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

Question for those living in Melbourne. I'm obviously taking a lot more interest this week than ever before, especially as the internet wasn't around the last time we were in a GF, but the current saturation of all things Richmond, is that normal for the teams, or Vic based team in Grand Final week? Or is this week a lot bigger and saturated to the point it's Tiger Week, not Grand Final week, because of the fact we are Richmond?

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne

TigerTribe5 said:
First there was Tex talking down the crowd. I think he might be underestimating the resourcefulness of us Tigers and our ability to get tickets and don't forget the Tiger supporting MCC members access to tickets.

which leads me to a question... What do people think the crowd ratio will be on Saturday? You would expect us to have sh!tloads more fans in the AFL members and MCC. I reckon we'd be looking at at least a 2-1 ratio (40,000-45,000 Richmond and about 20,000 Adelaide).

thoughts?

TigerTribe5

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 14, 2010

Ian4 said:
which leads me to a question... What do people think the crowd ratio will be on Saturday? You would expect us to have sh!tloads more fans in the AFL members and MCC. I reckon we'd be looking at at least a 2-1 ratio (40,000-45,000 Richmond and about 20,000 Adelaide).

thoughts?

Hopefully we can a similar ratio as the Geelong game.

Maybe 60 RFC / 20 Adel / 15 Neutral.

I wish we could get another like the GWS game but unfortunately we may never see a crowd like that again.

tiger95

Tiger Cub
Mar 16, 2014

Obviously there's the 17,000 members from each club who got tickets. Aside from that I think there will only be a few thousand other Crows supporters who make it in. A handful in the AFL Members and MCC and some who buy there way in through packages.

We, on the other hand, will have a lot of support in the AFL members and MCC. I think I lot more Richmond people will have managed to get their hands on a ticket who initially missed out. And I think the vast majority of neutrals will support the Tiges on the day. I think the crowd will be a lot more one sided than a usual Grand Final.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010

tiger95 said:
Obviously there's the 17,000 members from each club who got tickets. Aside from that I think there will only be a few thousand other Crows supporters who make it in. A handful in the AFL Members and MCC and some who buy there way in through packages.

We, on the other hand, will have a lot of support in the AFL members and MCC. I think I lot more Richmond people will have managed to get their hands on a ticket who initially missed out. And I think the vast majority of neutrals will support the Tiges on the day. I think the crowd will be a lot more one sided than a usual Grand Final.
Yeah, people at last years seem to reckon the crowd was heavily for the Doggies, even though both clubs got the same number of tickets - perhaps 65-35.

Collingwood seemed to outnumber Saints in 2010 just due to pure weight of numbers of their bigger support base.

So think you will be right.

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006

25,000 adelaide
40,000 richmond
30,000 neutral

its the large neutral component that takes the edge off the grand final atmosphere

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004

Apparently we have two major players with soreness and Dimma seems quite concerned. Astbury and Lambert would be huge losses.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016

graystar1 said:
Apparently we have two major players with soreness and Dimma seems quite concerned. Astbury and Lambert would be huge losses.

I hope it's just mind games to increase the expectation and pressure on Adelaide to win easily.

But if true, I hope Dusty isn't a worry with those ribs.

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004

Does anyone know what celebrations (hopefully) are planned for the Sunday. Decided to stay overnight in the city and was wondering whether players would turn up at Punt Road Oval to meet the supporters and have family day there.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang

tigermouseau said:
Does anyone know what celebrations (hopefully) are planned for the Sunday. Decided to stay overnight in the city and was wondering whether players would turn up at Punt Road Oval to meet the supporters and have family day there.
Win or lose there's something at 10 at PRO

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003

This has been one of the best weeks of my life. Just keeps getting better

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004

Ice said:
25,000 adelaide
40,000 richmond
30,000 neutral

its the large neutral component that takes the edge off the grand final atmosphere

I reckon its going to be surprising , the amount of richmond supporters who have managed to get hold of tickets ,

I know of a few who have forked out for corporate tickets