Thoughts. Dusty for Captain Poll. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thoughts. Dusty for Captain Poll.

Captain Poll Thoughts.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m in the yes category, with a proviso. Hardwick will hate it but I think Vlastuin and Dusty should be co captains.

Grimes, Nank and Graham as vice captains, maybe even Shedda.

We should pass the torch onto someone younger next year, in the next gen group coming through. To build just like newman did with cotch, have cotch there to guide them next year to get ready for the following year, then be a leader to peers of their age and grow together, like dusty and cotch did.
Who would see in that age bracket Tigerhalsey?

The last few days the talk about Dusty being the next captain of the Tigers has gained momentum.

If you hear Dimmas interview he gets asked the question of the possibility Trent stepping down and Dusty becoming captain.

What are peoples thoughts on this?

1. Dusty hates talking so he would still need to do some interviews prior to games or after. The club could delegate other leaders to do the majority of this. He has come a long way though. To me Dusty seems like a leader ‘on field’ so he doesn’t need C next to his name.

2. Talk that Dusty needs a challenge and captaining the club could do that. To me Dusty is self motivated type so would being captain elevate his game further or hinder him?

3. Could this upset some senior players who believe they should be ‘captain’ and we have a Deledio type situation? I doubt that! Think our culture is strong and our ‘brotherhood’ type care for each other this wouldn’t happen.

4. I think it’s up to Cotch if he wants to pass the baton. With possibly a year left ( in his body) I would be sad if he was talked into relinquishing his captaincy to some one else.

5. Dusty and Cotchin have a close relationship. You can see the love and care for each other. Dusty and Cotchin are always seen next to each other when the song is sung.

6. If Cotchin does step down and Dusty doesn’t want to lead the club I think we are well positioned in this regard. We have quite a few who could lead the club.

7. Would , if Cotchin steps down , would it go to a vote involving the players, or Dimma , club or all three?

Choose a number related to the points I put up from 1-7 above .

If I’ve missed something please bring it up.
You wouldn't wish Dusty having talk to the likes of Tom Browne and Tom Morris would you waiting ;) :))

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
No, but only because it’s clear he doesn’t want to do the media aspect.

There doesn’t seem to be a clear standout aside from Riewoldt should Cotchin give it away. Vlastuin, Grimes, Graham, Nankervis, Lambert, all could do the job.

Who would see in that age bracket Tigerhalsey?
I would almost name Nank captain, but i dont think he would do the media well.
I think jack garaham would be a good fit but plays to inconsistant but i think would make a good one field and off field leader.

Dan Rioli might be a good fit as well

I would almost name Nank captain, but i dont think he would do the media well.
I think jack garaham would be a good fit but plays to inconsistant but i think would make a good one field and off field leader.

Dan Rioli might be a good fit as well
Nank would just stare at someone or do a Brian Taylor ( classic stuff there by Nank). Rubbed BT up.
JG would need to find consistency in his game to be considered as you noted.
DR maybe in the future could be added in the leadership group.

Priorities.
He needs to get back to being a 1.3 million dollar superstar.
I think Dusty needs to focus on regaining some form. He has had a year where he has battled and struggled to find his best despite a great deal of hype from Dimma at the beginning of this year. How many dont argues? Did he lose too much weight in the pre-season?

Besides, the captaincy would be too stressful for him.

I don't really get the jack graham captain dialogue.

sure, he's a handy 3rd mid.

but I haven't really seen him do the inspirational, willing of a game momentum our way.

and yeah, our next 2 MIP's are recluses.

so I dont see why we'd be in a hurry to retire the greatest captain in our clubs history,

to anoint a good ordinary player, and go backwards?

I dont get it.

I'd rather we recruit a precocious talent in this draft, one who will clearly lead us away from any approach toward the Wilderness,

a model citizen, with great hair, who plays Uno with his future wife on Saturday nights, and plays like a psycho *smile* *smile* on crystal meth,

and make him captain when hes 21, when Cotch retires.

we've established succession plans dont work.

I don't really get the jack graham captain dialogue.

sure, he's a handy 3rd mid.

but I haven't really seen him do the inspirational, willing of a game momentum our way.

and yeah, our next 2 MIP's are recluses.

so I dont see why we'd be in a hurry to retire the greatest captain in our clubs history,

to anoint a good ordinary player, and go backwards?

I dont get it.

I'd rather we recruit a precocious talent in this draft, one who will clearly lead us away from any approach toward the Wilderness,

a model citizen, with great hair, who plays Uno with his future wife on Saturday nights, and plays like a psycho *smile* *smile* on crystal meth,

and make him captain when hes 21, when Cotch retires.

we've established succession plans dont work.
Missed the 2017 grand final did you? "Jack Graham that is" Folklore...

Why does the captain need to do all the media.

We do things differently at tiger land.

Dusty to be captain - lead the guys on and off the field, he bleeds for the players and I don’t think he is quiet within the club.

Let others do most of media - Jack being the obvious one.

Missed the 2017 grand final did you? "Jack Graham that is" Folklore...

I was in row A.

And yes, game 5 was an absolute ripper.

good player. better than Kane Johnson.

I just dont get why hes the captain-in-waiting.

I've never actually heard him speak. But he must be a Rhodes Scholar?

I must have missed something,

dont get me wrong, I wouldn't protest if he was made captain,

I just dont get why he's PRE anointed.

why the hurry to supersede the greatest captain in our clubs history?

I'm not making a case that JG is our best bet as captain. Actually prefer Vlossy in that demographic.
But Jack Graham does inspire others with his actions and/or effort in most games he plays.

Reactions: 1 user
Balme said, anyone who knows Dusty knows he has great leadership. Just depends if he wants it. Put off for him is all the public speaking and interviews.