Thoughts. Dusty for Captain Poll. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thoughts. Dusty for Captain Poll.

Captain Poll Thoughts.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My question remains unanswered,
and that is because there is no answer.

All you can go on is what he has shown and what he has shown is a superb ability to lift himself and team mates when the pressure is on. No one near him as a leader in a crisis, and loved by his team for all he has done.

After Cotch then he is unmatched as a leader at RFC and accordingly if he wants the job and is confident in his own ability to deal with the collaterals, he must be given the opportunity.
To my way of thinking to fail to give him that opportunity is akin to racism.

Maybe he doesn't want to be captain.

PS it's nothing like racism.

Maybe he doesn't want to be captain.

PS it's nothing like racism.
He is clearly our best and most inspiring player. That’s the point. If he doesn’t want it then fair enough. But if he doesn’t get the opportunity ie he doesn’t get asked, because some patronising do-gooders think they know what is best for him, then that is going to leave a very bad taste.

Reactions: 1 user
He is clearly our best and most inspiring player. That’s the point. If he doesn’t want it then fair enough. But if he doesn’t get the opportunity ie he doesn’t get asked, because some patronising do-gooders think they know what is best for him, then that is going to leave a very bad taste.

I sure people at the club have the capacity to talk to each other about these things, dunno what you are worried about to be honest.

I sure people at the club have the capacity to talk to each other about these things, dunno what you are worried about to be honest.
Fair enough. My concern is the readiness of people participating in this poll to jump to the conclusion that he wouldn’t be asked and wouldn’t want it anyway.

Fair enough. My concern is the readiness of people participating in this poll to jump to the conclusion that he wouldn’t be asked and wouldn’t want it anyway.
I don't know him at all, but I think he wouldn't want it. Just IMO.

I'd reckon Dimma/Balmey etc know him pretty well, they'd know whether he needs to be asked or not, whether they should ask him as a show of respect even if he doesn't want it.