Tiges V Dees - Anzac Day Eve (Game Day) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiges V Dees - Anzac Day Eve (Game Day)

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
Lol seems like you don't know how it works. Fully ticketed games you can see what's available because you can then choose your own seat. Yes, seriously!
I could see all available seats in every bay in every stand including AFL members. Back rows of southern stand many available.

I know Ticketek tricks on non-fully ticketed games. They make it come across like urgency and sell bay by bay but this wasn't like that all bays are open for purchase.
I bought tix in afl members probably early last week. Only bays Q25,Q26 and Q27 up the top level available. I could not have purchased anything behind the front rows up the top and there was not a seat available at any other level (apart from disabled seating). Supposedly a fully ticketed game but surely I could’ve walked in with AFL membership card. There were people sitting behind me last night so that seating must have opened up after I purchased mine, so I believe Ticketek DO release seating in blocks.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerPaul71

Tiger Cub
May 24, 2013
Was a great night live last night. I saw a lot of boys try there guts out, for at time no reward.
Gee we need our forwards. How about MJ, thought all our younger players played well.
You put balta back in things could be a lot different.

Reactions: 7 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Have to ask though.
How do they allow a non-entity like Turner, who has played a career four games, to score three goals?
One was a hack kick that happen to land in his arms which he converted with a very good kick. Another was an out the back stroll in handed to him. Can’t remember the other one.

Reactions: 1 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
I
I bought tix in afl members probably early last week. Only bays Q25,Q26 and Q27 up the top level available. I could not have purchased anything behind the front rows up the top and there was not a seat available at any other level (apart from disabled seating). Supposedly a fully ticketed game but surely I could’ve walked in with AFL membership card. There were people sitting behind me last night so that seating must have opened up after I purchased mine, so I believe Ticketek DO release seating in blocks.
just walked in myself with my afl membership card. Knew the ticketing was a scam to squeeze more shekels out where false scarcity is created. Accc should be on it although not the biggest monopoly/duopoly scam going around.

Jake

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
Is there a more smug team than Melbourne, you could put the coach in that category too. You would of thought they won the premiership last night, beating an unmanned Richmond team, the *smile* carry on.

How would you like to play footy with Steven May, nothing is his fault, just looks up the field and points his finger at the player at fault. He also gets away with a bit too, seems to be very intimidating towards umpires IF one goes against him, bit like Salty Scott and his brother when playing.

Sep 2, 2022
Hones
It’sintrig

It’s intriguing…chip, run work our way forward of centre and then blaze a Hail Mary… I’m guessing we aren’t banking on fwd 50 marks and planning ground ball intercept … except we keep blazing to where zero rfc players are positioned or running.., just odd
A better option would have been to kick the ball end over end along the ground into our forward line. This would’ve at least created 50/50 opportunities. I’m 100% sure this would have worked better. There is no way our small forwards were ever going to compete with Lever and May in the air. Why be conventional?

Sep 2, 2022
Kic
Hones

A better option would have been to kick the ball end over end along the ground into our forward line. This would’ve at least created 50/50 opportunities. I’m 100% sure this would have worked better. There is no way our small forwards were ever going to compete with Lever and May in the air. Why be conventional?
Kicking the ball hard, along the ground into our forward line would definitely have worked better.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I thought we had a real dip last night. No problems with the effort. We just had dreadful performances from a couple of players you’d expect better from normally, and a total and utter reaming from the umpires in the second half. Plus Hopper goes down again.

I thought the margin was a bit unflattering in the end.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Just another seriously hard almost what coulda nearly been night at the footy. Obviously massively difficult with so many injuries and inexperienced youngsters playing. Boys tried all night but, mature and new players, probably even the coaches all equally culpable regarding the following.

Our ball skills are bloody deplorable at times.
Our decision making with ball in hand was laughable at times.
Our game structures, set ups, patterns and pace control were virtually non existent at times.

Going to be a long and painful season, can only hope that with more n more games together, plus some senior quality getting back into games later this year that we can cobble together a few wins and keep putting in competitive games.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Is there a more smug team than Melbourne, you could put the coach in that category too. You would of thought they won the premiership last night, beating an unmanned Richmond team, the *smile* carry on.

How would you like to play footy with Steven May, nothing is his fault, just looks up the field and points his finger at the player at fault. He also gets away with a bit too, seems to be very intimidating towards umpires IF one goes against him, bit like Salty Scott and his brother when playing.
Beat me to it.
I was about to write is there a more perfect footballer than Steven may? I mean the guy is perfection, never gets beaten. Every time, and I mean every single time, it lo like he’s been beaten or looks like he’s *smile* up, it’s always someone else’s fault. I have never seen a person finger point so quickly and so often. It seems like an automatic reaction from him. I’m surprised there aren’t more eye injuries in Melbourne games with all the finger pointing going on. He can put that skill to good use when he retires by becoming a cricket umpire

Feb 25, 2007

Yes could've done that scan in and proceed to standing room bays but if you can find an empty row of seats up back on level 4 then sure sit there.

They were still available last night towards the back.

Anyway, think David missed my point in reply to Red. As of game day that was what was available ain't going to hide bays or seats on game day. I was guestimating the crowd that's it. What was available last week or the week before was irrelevant to the conversation at hand on game day.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Only 72k there last night. The AFL would be disappointed with that.

However they have made it so hard for people to attend games now with this new ticketing system for home game blockbusters which is an absolute disaster.

Hard enough organising tickets for away games & now having to book a seat in reserved areas for home games too? All too hard.
It's going to put a lot of people off attending the match.

Reactions: 2 users
Feb 25, 2007
Only 72k there last night. The AFL would be disappointed with that.

However they have made it so hard for people to attend games now with this new ticketing system for home game blockbusters which is an absolute disaster.

Hard enough organising tickets for away games & now having to book a seat in reserved areas for home games too? All too hard.
It's going to put a lot of people off attending the match.

73K was a damn good crowd Oldie. We are 1W and 6 L. Majority of the crowd were Richmond with about 20K dees as they don't bring a lot to their away games.

Agree that this game should've been GA. If we were top 4 I could understand the reasoning to make it fully ticketed as no doubt it would draw 85K+.

By having it as a fully ticketed game you make more money but it would've got another 5-7K by allowing GA.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Now for two players who need to go back to the ressies and get a kick and kick some goals.
Mansell, there is no defending this guy, he's a trier, a battler but just isn't good enough. Didn't hit the scoreboard and laid only 1 tackle.

Seth Campbell who i do like and think he's going to be a player but hasn't got his hands on it for several games now and think its time to go back to teh ressies and work on his game.

Would like to see Cumberland come in who played well kicked 1G and 2 behinds, perhaps should've kicked 2-3 goals and was good defensively had 6 tackles.

Also want Coulthard in who bagged 3.

Steely Green looked lively also with his 17 touches and a goal.

I get where you are coming from here but our delivery into the F50 last night didn't make it easy for the smalls, far from it. At 1 point they flashed the top 5 marks up on the scoreboard and 3 of the 1st 4 were May, Lever and McDonald. With only 1 and sometimes 2 talls inside F50, high kicks into the F50 were always going to be bread and butter for those 3 as they could leave their man and sag off, double and triple teaming as they liked.

We might have got those smalls more involved if we went with kicks off the ground, or low darts but the amount of high up and under kicks we put inside 50 was very disappointing and played right into the hands of their 3 talls.

Having said that, I think Campbell has been dropping off and you can see that in his possession numbers, last 2 weeks he's had the 2 lowest possession games of the season. I'd throw him back, give him a chance at the lower level again to reset, to come back in later in the year, he's had a good block of 7 games, now time to go back to the 2's, use that experience to rip the 2's apart and demand he gets back into the 1's.

Feb 25, 2007
I get where you are coming from here but our delivery into the F50 last night didn't make it easy for the smalls, far from it. At 1 point they flashed the top 5 marks up on the scoreboard and 3 of the 1st 4 were May, Lever and McDonald. With only 1 and sometimes 2 talls inside F50, high kicks into the F50 were always going to be bread and butter for those 3 as they could leave their man and sag off, double and triple teaming as they liked.

We might have got those smalls more involved if we went with kicks off the ground, or low darts but the amount of high up and under kicks we put inside 50 was very disappointing and played right into the hands of their 3 talls.

Having said that, I think Campbell has been dropping off and you can see that in his possession numbers, last 2 weeks he's had the 2 lowest possession games of the season. I'd throw him back, give him a chance at the lower level again to reset, to come back in later in the year, he's had a good block of 7 games, now time to go back to the 2's, use that experience to rip the 2's apart and demand he gets back into the 1's.

Agree on that but it didn't hinder Rioli Jnr's performance. Manseell and Campbell can go back and let's get Cumbo, Coulthard or Steely Greene in. 2 from that 3 let's mix it up.