Tiges V Dees - Anzac Day Eve (Game Day) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiges V Dees - Anzac Day Eve (Game Day)

Feb 25, 2007
You trust Ticketek to give you accurate info on which seats are available? Seriously?

:rotfl2:rotfl2:rotfl2:rotfl2:rotfl2:rotfl2:rotfl2:rotfl2

DS
Lol seems like you don't know how it works. Fully ticketed games you can see what's available because you can then choose your own seat. Yes, seriously!
I could see all available seats in every bay in every stand including AFL members. Back rows of southern stand many available.

I know Ticketek tricks on non-fully ticketed games. They make it come across like urgency and sell bay by bay but this wasn't like that all bays are open for purchase.

Last edited:

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Fully ticketed event, they must be having a laugh. There'll be 30k+ empty seats there tonight.
Feeling less & less incentivized to go these days...

After the extra days off I'm expecting a longer & stronger effort this week although on paper it looks a tough task.
A low scoring arm wrestle would suit us nicely.
Fingers crossed the midfield responds after the disaster v the Eagles. A big game for Lefau too to back up vs a very good defense.
You were close 28,000 empty. By Half time 40000 only 50000 left by end

Reactions: 1 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Have to ask though.
How do they allow a non-entity like Turner, who has played a career four games, to score three goals?
Happens all the time throughout the years.

The duds bob up against us, then disappear.

Exhibits:

Drew Petrie destroyed Rance one day, kicked 5 in the last quarter they won by a few points.
Another time Corey Jones (Norf) kicked 7 against us.
Fasolo kicked 6, they won by a point. (we were 17 pts up with 3 mins to go)
Nick Duigan (defender for Blooz) kicked 4 against us then retired.
Petty last year kicked 6.

There would be hundreds of other examples.

• Angry
Reactions: 3 users

tigertorch

Tiger Cub
Feb 3, 2024
Honestly, 5 goals in a match … our players did not want to move it forward due to the lack of attacking options.

If you were a player, would you be confident kicking it or looking out for Lefau or Naismith to mark?

Both of them didn’t know where to lead or when to lead or contest.

So many times Lefau stayed flat footed instead of crushing the contest which “clearly” he is in the team to do.

Is he cooked? Did he just get lost in match sense?

He is a handy 3rd forward, or is he?

Ryan, Kossi, Lefau would be more of a “future potential” than what the players delivered to tonight.

Give us something!

50 I50s to 50 I50s … efficiency? or a lack of “taller”/“dump” long forward options?

Hard to swallow a 7 goals loss while only kicking 5 goals in 4 quarters.

What, or rather who is most disappointing is where is Jack Graham? How many matches has he now played? Past 3 matches; 18, 17 and 15 touches tonight. This guy should be our main midfielder, right now, he is nonexistent.

Yze stated he is experimenting with the team.

Pick No.1 could be a possibility at the rate we are playing.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Lol seems like you don't know how it works. Fully ticketed games you can see what's available because you can then choose your own seat. Yes, seriously!
I could see all available seats in every bay in every stand including AFL members. Back rows of southern stand many available.

I know Ticketek tricks on non-fully ticketed games. They make it come across like urgency and sell bay by bay but this wasn't like that all bays are open for purchase.

Sorry, but no, this is not the case.

I went to get tickets, didn't like the ones allocated, hit the choose your own ticket and it showed that every other seat in the bay was not available. Logged out, went back in a few days later and got tickets which were listed as unavailable a few days earlier. Ticketek's incompetence is astounding.

DS

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Well, that was an expected loss, some good signs, some bad signs.

In the first half I thought our defence was great. We were also getting it inside 50 more than they were, which is pretty astounding given Melbourne are contenders and have a strong centre line. No forward line meant we couldn't capitalise. Imagine if we had Lynch and Balta in the forward line in that first half, we would have been well ahead.

There were some good signs from some of the young crew.

I thought Young had a much better game than he has had this year

Dow was actually pretty good. He is often cited as being a bad kick, but that kick for goal, it must have been 40 metres out and he hit the post, but it hit the post above half way. So why can't he kick that far most of the time? Mystery to me, he can kick, albeit only occasionally.

I liked Pickett in the middle. He kept Petracca out of large parts of the game and should be played in the middle more often.

By the last quarter it was clear we had run out of steam. They were all over us by that stage and we didn't have enough left in the tank to resist and counter-attack. I know we have a lot of young players. But, maybe we need to recruit stronger players and clearly we need to do something about the fitness levels as our players could not run out the game as well as Melbourne.

The umpiring was predictably woeful. It always is. How they can just apply double standards with a straight face is beyond me. Bakes gets his head ripped off every week and no free. Some really blatant free kicks we don't get. Holding the man: rife. Throwing: rife. Holding the ball: dog's breakfast. Woeful umpiring, the disparity after half time was stark and the way we are umpired differently was on display for all to see. Lefau managed to get a high free but it took smashing his head to get the free and even then the umps looked reluctant. They really are wrecking the game, I don't like losing but I accept that we are not very competitive at the moment, the reaming by the umps makes me wonder why I bother turning up or paying my membership.

DS

Reactions: 7 users

rat bastad

I'm a llama!
Aug 11, 2003
Melbourne
Agree. Basically been saying this since the end of last year.

In future years we may be looking back at having all these injuries at once as being the best thing that's happened list wise for some time.

The focus will now be on seeing who can deliver, improve etc whilst we make appropriate decisions recruitment wise before another compromised draft when the Devils come on board.

Now is the time to see who has what to offer us.

Tonight we had so many of our core players out and so we showed we are now in a rebuilding phase. We have to accept this fact. Not a problem as we can use the season to get games into the kids ready for seasons to come. We may not be doing that well but at least we are not basket cases like the Hawks and the Roo

Reactions: 1 user
Feb 25, 2007
Will have a bit of read on previous pages as only been home an hour and a bit but I will say two players who have been hammered a bit Dow and Ralphsmith played pretty well, impressive actually. They just kept going and going.

Dow 22 disposals and 8 tackles
Ralphsmith 21 disposals, 6 marks and 3 tackles

A big shout out to Jacob Hopper who was our best mid until he did his hammy in the 3rd. Would've finished with 35 touches if not for his injury. Shrugged off many tackles and was a brute in every contest

Now for two players who need to go back to the ressies and get a kick and kick some goals.
Mansell, there is no defending this guy, he's a trier, a battler but just isn't good enough. Didn't hit the scoreboard and laid only 1 tackle.

Seth Campbell who i do like and think he's going to be a player but hasn't got his hands on it for several games now and think its time to go back to teh ressies and work on his game.

Would like to see Cumberland come in who played well kicked 1G and 2 behinds, perhaps should've kicked 2-3 goals and was good defensively had 6 tackles.

Also want Coulthard in who bagged 3.

Steely Green looked lively also with his 17 touches and a goal.

checkside

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Australia
Have to ask though.
How do they allow a non-entity like Turner, who has played a career four games, to score three goals?
Someone was going to kick them. I’d say it’s not that uncommon for someone in their first few games to kick 3.

I’d be more concerned about our own forward line. Leading goal kickers for the year Bolton, Baker and the first year Lefau. Not exactly productive.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Good effort. Career-best game from Hugo, probably Banks and Dow too. Young flogged Van Overrooyted. Marlion did well on Petracca. For the first time ever 'MoJu' and 'composure' could be used in the same sentence without 'lacks'. (I thought he was terrific btdubs.) Brown classy af.

I saw all that, except Banks

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
What a shitfil display by Yze
Sat there for 4 qtrs watching the bounce out of our forward 50.
Where's the moves??
Miller or BigV shouldve been moved foward.
Mansell "Campbell aren't the answer.
We missed 3 basic set shots Rioli Martin & Dow.
Not happy
Wat

Yze has been fine

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Good result

If finals are a distant dream, you want to see

1) signs from the kids
2) a coach who can coach
3) big, fat draft picks on the horizon

Tick, tick, tick

I am a zen supporter enjoying the rebuild.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users