Tiges V Dees - Anzac Day Eve (Game Day) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiges V Dees - Anzac Day Eve (Game Day)

frecks

Tiger Cub
Feb 24, 2008
Ra
You do realise Kmac has scored more tries andpenalties than Ralphsmith combined?

But ralphy had been good
Ralphy has been excellent, can see what our coach is achieving with the young ones. Confidence to play the game & to improve to be the team players we were hoping for.

Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Good effort. Career-best game from Hugo, probably Banks and Dow too. Young flogged Van Overrooyted. Marlion did well on Petracca. For the first time ever 'MoJu' and 'composure' could be used in the same sentence without 'lacks'. (I thought he was terrific btdubs.) Brown classy af.

Reactions: 7 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
What a shitfil display by Yze
Sat there for 4 qtrs watching the bounce out of our forward 50.
Where's the moves??
Miller or BigV shouldve been moved foward.
Mansell "Campbell aren't the answer.
We missed 3 basic set shots Rioli Martin & Dow.
Not happy

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Tonight we had so many of our core players out and so we showed we are now in a rebuilding phase. We have to accept this fact. Not a problem as we can use the season to get games into the kids ready for seasons to come. We may not be doing that well but at least we are not basket cases like the Hawks and the Roos

Reactions: 9 users

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
Good effort. Career-best game from Hugo, probably Banks and Dow too. Young flogged Van Overrooyted. Marlion did well on Petracca. For the first time ever 'MoJu' and 'composure' could be used in the same sentence without 'lacks'. (I thought he was terrific btdubs.) Brown classy af.
Admirable effort really. It shows Yze can coach. We should have lost by a huge margin.

Reactions: 7 users

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
The effort was pretty good again, we are just a bottom team at the moment. There is going to be a lot of pain over the next few years.

We just need to look for some little bits and pieces by the kids.

I really hope we give all the players an extra week with their injuries. There is no point rushing them back to keep reinjuring themselves. Meehan must go.

Reactions: 1 user
What possible reason would our midfielders have for kicking long and high into our short forward line, and at least 8 times directly to Melbourne players on their own.

This is when the mids were not under pressure.

I get we had talls out injured, but why kick to opposition players who are on their own?

That can't be a sign of a good coach. It happened too regularly to be any kind of accident.

Reactions: 1 users

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
It’sintrig
What possible reason would our midfielders have for kicking long and high into our short forward line, and at least 8 times directly to Melbourne players on their own.

This is when the mids were not under pressure.

I get we had talls out injured, but why kick to opposition players who are on their own?

That can't be a sign of a good coach. It happened too regularly to be any kind of accident.
It’s intriguing…chip, run work our way forward of centre and then blaze a Hail Mary… I’m guessing we aren’t banking on fwd 50 marks and planning ground ball intercept … except we keep blazing to where zero rfc players are positioned or running.., just odd

Reactions: 1 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
The glass half full take on the game is that we saw plenty from young developing players and even a couple who have been around for a little while

Brown- excellent 1st half, composed and involved. Faded but should play every game this year. Will be a high class medium back.
Moju- Getting better all the time. Improvement in him is great and he clearly has thrived under Yze.
Ralphsmith- good game, looked an AFL player. Persevere this year.
Banks- Good 1st half and faded. Just leave him on the wing and let him develop. He can play, kicks well
Lefau- playing his 5th game he was given enormous responsibility, it wasn’t fair really. But he is showing a lot and I reckon he will be a player.
Dow- was probably his best game this year but I am worried about his kicking still. Showed a lot in traffic today.

The glass half empty is
Grimes- imo 4 years ago he was close the best defender in the game. He is not a shadow of that player, the decline is alarming.
Naismith- tried hard and did a couple of good things but he can’t kick and he looked like a resting ruck up forward rather than a forward. Should have played Ryan or even Kozy.
Mansell- wholehearted player but just lacks the required skill. Personally I wouldn’t persevere with him in the AFL team.
Graham- I am not sure what his role is. To me he isn’t adding anything much to the team.

We had lots of opportunities today and if we had taken even some of them we would have been very close at 3 quarter time. We just couldn’t score which is hardly surprising given the players we have out.

Reactions: 8 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Just want those draft picks . We need quality desperately.
The picks are no good in themselves; it comes down to the recruiters. Our previous team have loaded us with too many duds. Have we got it right this draft?
Jury's out.

Feb 25, 2007
I’ve got 3 reserved seats, and you have the option of selling them back if you know you won’t use them by a certain day.
I would guess that it’s Ticketek/Ticketmaster who gets the seat then can on sell to anyone.
Pisses me off when we get large numbers of oppo supporters in Richmond Reserved bays who try to cause a bit of trouble, especially when I’m in a “Family” area.
And I have mentioned it to the club through the members surveys, but I doubt they pay attention.

I don’t sell my seat back anymore on principal

The club doesn't care because when the seats are sold they make money via Ticketek

Well done and I would say to all reserve seat holders DONT resell your tickets if you can't go as the experience for the other members there would be pretty crap.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Fair enough.

I think it might be about their relative bottom lip positions?
Sure and you think Marlion's great for the team. And you thought MRJ was going to be another Messiah for the team when he'd arrived at 17, but spat the dummy and blocked me for calling you out for your ludicrous delusional expectations imposed on a kid.

Need to do it again. Cumberland might not be an answer but his bottom lip may indicate he hates failing. :rolleyes:

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
The glass half full take on the game is that we saw plenty from young developing players and even a couple who have been around for a little while

Brown- excellent 1st half, composed and involved. Faded but should play every game this year. Will be a high class medium back.
Moju- Getting better all the time. Improvement in him is great and he clearly has thrived under Yze.
Ralphsmith- good game, looked an AFL player. Persevere this year.
Banks- Good 1st half and faded. Just leave him on the wing and let him develop. He can play, kicks well
Lefau- playing his 5th game he was given enormous responsibility, it wasn’t fair really. But he is showing a lot and I reckon he will be a player.
Dow- was probably his best game this year but I am worried about his kicking still. Showed a lot in traffic today.

The glass half empty is
Grimes- imo 4 years ago he was close the best defender in the game. He is not a shadow of that player, the decline is alarming.
Naismith- tried hard and did a couple of good things but he can’t kick and he looked like a resting ruck up forward rather than a forward. Should have played Ryan or even Kozy.
Mansell- wholehearted player but just lacks the required skill. Personally I wouldn’t persevere with him in the AFL team.
Graham- I am not sure what his role is. To me he isn’t adding anything much to the team.

We had lots of opportunities today and if we had taken even some of them we would have been very close at 3 quarter time. We just couldn’t score which is hardly surprising given the players we have out.

Agree with most of that. but probably a bit harsh on Mansell, though he really does need to start hitting the scoreboard more.

I was pleased with some of our setup today, as Yze said, opportunities have sprung up for the young boys. A lot has been said about our aging wings, I was pleased to see Hugo and Banks on the 2 respective wings for much of the game, we need to start looking past Kmac and Pickett who have been great for a number of years, but we need the next group to come through, agree we need to persevere for a number of weeks with these 2.

I liked that Brown seemed to have more responsibility coming out of defence, they were specifically looking to give him the handball receive so we could get drive out of our backline with his kicking skills.

I'd add Miller to your list, it was probably not his best game offensively, some of his kicks weren't the best and that handball (what was he doing) that led to Picketts 1st goal was a shocker, but he held Petty to next to nothing, he had a kick for goal (that he fluffed) in the last quarter. Nank was on Petty, as Miller was having about the only rest on the bench that he had all game. Young was also much improved last week on VanHoogenbrand.

Grimes is certainly a worry, Turner is a defender and had never kicked a goal before, and he easily beat Grimes in their match up tonight. Disappointing. When Tresize / Short are fit, its going to be interesting how we match up down back.

Dow - I have the same concerns as you. Today and Sydney are the only games he has played this year that IMO have been at the level, that has to be his minimum output, but as you say his kicking is not good, forcing him to handball and that invariably doesn't allow us to push the ball quickly between the arcs. Only 3 score involvements is a low output for the number of touches.

Moju will get votes from me tonight, was easily in our best 5 players IMO.

Reactions: 4 users