Toby Greene | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Toby Greene

jgarg said:
After watching the DogsvGWS game and seeing Toby putting the leg out and hitting the dogs player in the face,he did the same to Nathan Broad when going for a mark but hit him in the chest.It was 9.00 min to go in Q1.
Coincidence?
NO
He should be suspended as his action was intentional not careless.
Yep I was thinking the same thing. It's not what you want to see. Got away with it against the Tigers as wasn't head high contact but should be in trouble this time.

Greene reminds me a bit of Kayne Pettifer in his Richmond playing days.

Seemed to compensate for his own fear being seen to 'wimp' contests, by being overly aggressive.

TigerMad said:

Seemed to compensate for his own fear being seen to 'wimp' contests, by being overly aggressive.

Don't think you can accuse Greene of whimping contests. 8.6 contested possessions a game, that's pretty elite for a forward. Also 2 contested marks a game, more than any Tiger.

As a father of four boys, it's not something I would like happen at junior level. For all the AFL's faults, I think that they are pretty aware of the impact dangerous actions flowing down to the juniors have. 2 weeks I reckon, saved by the low impact.

they must be travelling all right down the kennel

wasting a good beer on this bloke!

jezzzzz

easy said:
I hope, and think, Its 3 weeks for a deliberate (hes looking at straight at Dal) mule kick to the moosh.

we will be playing these pricks in a qualifying final in 3 weeks

Cameron says he was trying to protect himself! Can you protect yourself with a fist to the mouth?

If he does play, I hope Grimes breaks the little *smile* in half.

Cameron said Greene had his eyes on the ball the whole time too :-\

shad said:
As a father of four boys, it's not something I would like happen at junior level. For all the AFL's faults, I think that they are pretty aware of the impact dangerous actions flowing down to the juniors have. 2 weeks I reckon, saved by the low impact.

Caused blood. Can't see it being low impact. Never received a boot to the face before but have had studs down my leg and it can cause decent damage.

mainlandy said:
Cameron said Greene had his eyes on the ball the whole time too :-\

he didnt seem to take his eyes off Dalhaus I thought.

Im pretty sure he wanted to kick him in the face.

kind of straightened his leg on impact, to really sink the stops in to his lips.

i didn't think much of it at the time but now watching it, would be the worst thing to do on a field, kick a player.

people may carry on he had ball in hand etc... but he 100% knew what he wanted to do.

im expecting 3 wks min

B2

easy said:
I hope, and think, Its 3 weeks for a deliberate (hes looking at straight at Dal) mule kick to the moosh.

we will be playing these pricks in a qualifying final in 3 weeks

Cameron says he was trying to protect himself! Can you protect yourself with a fist to the mouth?

If he does play, I hope Grimes breaks the little *smile* in half.

Meat in an Optimus/K_Mac sandwich! Greene has eyes only for the K_Mac juggernaut, gets his boot ready to but forgets Optimus has the closing speed of a pergrine falcon, blamo! Poor bloke gets split in half. Shame for the kid, he was a promising talent.

TigerMad said:

Toby Green can play footy.

B2

2 weeks at the most. Can't do anything to undermine GWS' finals games.

He watched Dahlhaus all the way onto the boot. It's 6-8 IMO. Eight given his record. Maybe ten.

Dyer'ere said:
He watched Dahlhaus all the way onto the boot. It's 6-8 IMO. Eight given his record. Maybe ten.

Agree. And thrust that boot with menace.