Toby Greene | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Toby Greene

rokkafella said:
Wouldn't be surprised if the AFL suspend dalhaus for head butting greens boot

Bunch of *smile* heads

Looking at Ch 7 news, it seems more important to look for the fan who threw a 'plastic' cup (FFS!) to Greene....which didn't even touch him.

You'd have to think if there's any consistency he has to go for at least one week.

So he,ll have no case to answer.....

didnt dusty get a bigger fine for crossing his forearms after a goal, than Tobes did for kicking a bloke in the face, whilst looking at him?

:headscratch

If we play a final against GWS, I will pay Towners match payments while hes suspended.

a mate who is a bombers supporter said Greene is an "incredible player". it made me feel uncomfortable, like a penny dropped, or something....

If I owned a big orthodental chain, I'd be sponsoring the soles of his boots.

easy said:
didnt dusty get a bigger fine for crossing his forearms after a goal, than Tobes did for kicking a bloke in the face, whilst looking at him?

:headscratch

If we play a final against GWS, I will pay Towners match payments while hes suspended.

I'll chip in.

What happened to the rule about the head being protected at all costs? Should have been 3 weeks. Another stupid precedent set that they will need to contradict next time to fix it up. Kicking in danger is often accidental, but still reckless and dangerous and must be penalised.

achillesjones said:
What happened to the rule about the head being protected at all costs? Should have been 3 weeks. Another stupid precedent set that they will need to contradict next time to fix it up. Kicking in danger is often accidental, but still reckless and dangerous and must be penalised.

its so absurd.

I think it a mandatory week for tripping isnt it?

kick a bloke in face = OK, kick a bloke in ankle = not OK.

Its a mess.

The Wines penalty was arguably worse. He lined him up, and got him in the head. It was out of Dipper's playbook. He gets off.

Grundy tackles a bloke and gets 3.

You could go nuts trying to find consistency in the MRP.

Is it a free kick if you drive your studs into the middle of the back of your opponent in a marking contest?

rokkafella said:
Wouldn't be surprised if the AFL suspend dalhaus for head butting greens boot

Bunch of *smile* heads
The most savage headbutt, targeting an opposition player's limb, I've witnessed for a long, long time. Probably since Peter Caven came running in and savagely headbutted Tony Lockett on the point of the elbow. I thought that kind of thuggery had been eliminated many years ago. Should be no tolerance for it in this day and age!

easy said:
its so absurd.

I think it a mandatory week for tripping isnt it?

kick a bloke in face = OK, kick a bloke in ankle = not OK.

Its a mess.

The Wines penalty was arguably worse. He lined him up, and got him in the head. It was out of Dipper's playbook. He gets off.

Grundy tackles a bloke and gets 3.

You could go nuts trying to find consistency in the MRP.

It is a mess.

It is totally unfathomable that the MRP judge an incident like the Wines one based on the outcome. The Collingwood bloke got hit, there's no doubt about that, and because he's a tough little bugger, he kept on going. Compare the exact same hit on a player who goes down in a heap holding his head to milk a free, or a player with a glass jaw. Weeks!

Complete and utter nonsense.

This is how it should roll:

Without going into reckless, intentional etc, did he hit him? Yes, guilty. No, not guilty.

If guilty, what was the outcome?

No major damage: 1 week
Blood nose: 2 weeks
Concussion/broken nose or jaw: 4 weeks +

Simple.

spook said:
Kicked a bloke in the face. Dog act. Should have got 4 weeks.

Hated the karate kick look and I agree he is a bit of a dog but gee I wish we had someone with his aggression and will to win. The two guys we've got with a fierce desire to attack the contest are both in the 2nds and probably not good enough to ever make a difference.