Trade Talk Radio 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Talk Radio 2023

The most recent AFL trade period was basically a bunch of unhappy B and C grade players sooking and being traded elsewhere.

Compare this to the NBA last 24 hrs: James Harden (future hall-of-famer) traded (after being unhappy and sooking). it involved 3 teams, 7 players and future picks in 2024, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2029. This happened one week into their season.

AFL = amateur hour. Imagine the chaos created if our 18 list managers could trade picks 5 years in advance!!! In b/w round 1 and 2 of the season!

Compare this to the NBA last 24 hrs: James Harden (future hall-of-famer) traded (after being unhappy and sooking). it involved 3 teams, 7 players and future picks in 2024, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2029. This happened one week into their season.

AFL = amateur hour. Imagine the chaos created if our 18 list managers could trade picks 5 years in advance!!! In b/w round 1 and 2 of the season!
I dont think we ever want player movement like the NBA.

Reactions: 9 users
The most recent AFL trade period was basically a bunch of unhappy B and C grade players sooking and being traded elsewhere.

I don't watch NBL,
Don't they just buy a premiership?
How many clubs has James played for??
I'm unhappy clubs are allowed to use future picks.
It should be stop. It would force clubs to swap more players.

I dont think we ever want player movement like the NBA.
True that.
I used to support an NBA team, these days I just follow the players I like around the NBA.
The player movement makes it hard to connect to a ball club.
That is mainly because the rosters are much smaller though than footy.
I find the EPL player movement ok because the squads are bigger.

Reactions: 1 user

Naismith becomes a Tiger​

Richmond has signed [PLAYERCARD]Sam Naismith[/PLAYERCARD] as a delisted free agent.
By Richmond Media - Just now
Article-2-.png

Freo have signed Oscar McDonald as a free agent for 2 years. Sheesh…..

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
I don't watch NBL,
Don't they just buy a premiership?
How many clubs has James played for??
I'm unhappy clubs are allowed to use future picks.
It should be stop. It would force clubs to swap more players.
Free agency moves help teams build super-teams more so then trading. They have weird salary cap rules so can get away with it more so then in AFL.