Trade Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Thread

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Media circle jerk happening over Kelly to West Coast. David King absolutely pulling himself. Has basically declared them premiers next year. Can not hide his delight that there is someone, in his opinion, that can knock of Richmond.

Bring it bitches!!
I think he said it’s like us getting Rance back. His obsession with Alex is seriously disturbing.

Reactions: 1 user

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Media circle jerk happening over Kelly to West Coast. David King absolutely pulling himself. Has basically declared them premiers next year. Can not hide his delight that there is someone, in his opinion, that can knock of Richmond.

Bring it bitches!!
Yeah we now as a matter of urgency need to pull out all stops to get another high quality goal kicking midfielder to keep us ahead of WC....oh hang on I think we found him on grand final day!

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

taraba

Eat em alive!!!
Jul 27, 2004
Planet Earth
Well for starters they won’t have Rioli and Kennedy is on the decline. I don’t see them getting ahead of us anytime soon.

Reactions: 2 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
They may be the ones who have the privilege of playing against us on the last Saturday in September, however good luck beating us on the G

Reactions: 2 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
has this approach ever worked ?

The Carlton / Judd example should have warned all clubs off
the was my first thought, but i guess one clear difference is the Weagles have a side that should contend whereas the Blooze expected Judd would lead them from last to first in 5 years, and leave a lasting legacy. he failed on both counts.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
I think he said it’s like us getting Rance back. His obsession with Alex is seriously disturbing.

He's forgetting losing Rioli. Massive IMO, they'll struggle to replace him. Brlilliant finals player, creator, a lot like Adelaide losing Cameron, maybe worse.

Reactions: 1 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007

Bring it bitches!!
David King has picked them for the flag?
Poor West Coast. They are now doomed.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Kelly at Catters with guns & geriatrics did not get to last Saturday September 2019. Similar situation for him at WC for 2020 ( geris Kennedy Hurn, NIc Nac, Rioli out)) so I would not get to carried away with him at WC

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
To think we won the flag with a heap of stars missing for big chunks of the year !
Of course King thinks getting one good player will change the whole course of next year !

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
The same David King that confidently slots Essendon into the top four every year.
Is this guy actually relevant anymore. I don't even bother listening or reading anything he has to say anymore. Guy changes his opinion depending on who wins each week. Was absolutely giving it to us pre grand final and then once we won, went on and on about how good we are and it is a dynasty.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
A fully fit Tom Lynch
A fully fit Jack R
A returning Alex Rance

We will be unstoppable.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Just reading about Tom Nicholls from GC pulling the pin.
Goes to show what an inexact science the recruiting caper is when you read the following names....

Attribution @foxsports
The Suns were given access to 12 of the most talented 17-year-old players in the country as part of their list concessions ahead of their inception,.

Luke Russell, Maverick Weller, Taylor Hine, Josh Toy, Matt Shaw, Piers Flanagan, Hayden Jolly, Jack Hutchins, Trent McKenzie, Brandon Matera and Alex Keath have all been gone from the Suns for some time.

And now Nicholls, who played 15 games in 2015 and 15 in 2016, has departed Metricon Stadium.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Just reading about Tom Nicholls from GC pulling the pin.
Goes to show what an inexact science the recruiting caper is when you read the following names....

Attribution @foxsports
The Suns were given access to 12 of the most talented 17-year-old players in the country as part of their list concessions ahead of their inception,.

Luke Russell, Maverick Weller, Taylor Hine, Josh Toy, Matt Shaw, Piers Flanagan, Hayden Jolly, Jack Hutchins, Trent McKenzie, Brandon Matera and Alex Keath have all been gone from the Suns for some time.

And now Nicholls, who played 15 games in 2015 and 15 in 2016, has departed Metricon Stadium.

Yep the Suns stuffed it up big time. Compare that to who the Giants picked. The Giants got an infinitely better list of young players.

Wasn't Scott Clayton in charge of recruiting for the Suns? The most overrated recruiter ever.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Yep the Suns stuffed it up big time. Compare that to who the Giants picked. The Giants got an infinitely better list of young players.

Wasn't Scott Clayton in charge of recruiting for the Suns? The most overrated recruiter ever.

Yep..... another bloke who's got the industry life pass.... apparently in an interim position @west coast.
Should send a PRE link to all the footy bosses. Reckon half our 'experts' could do a better job!

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004

Bring it bitches!!

Think we saw this last year as certain peanuts drooled over Collingwobbles “best midfield ever” when Beam came across.
Worked a treat.