Trade week and a half 2019 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade week and a half 2019

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
I just wanted to share a thought with you guys about mindfulness and trade week. This is a completely optional suggestion of course.

The enemy of the present is unproductive distractions about the past or future.

In my opinion, trade week media is the epitome of unproductive distractions.

For many, there’s an enjoyment in the speculation, rumours, and predictions associated with trade media, and some people have jobs where they’re not losing anything by engaging with it. But some of us are wasting our time in a state of mind that is not contributing to our happiness at all. That’s me!

So I try to pretend the AFL trade period doesn’t exist for 2 weeks and check the final trade results at the end. I tell myself I’ve saved myself from countless pointless hours of “what if this? what if that?”

It’s the media’s job to engage your mind in distraction for as many hours as possible. Their success is to your detriment, in terms of mindfulness. The extent of that detriment depends on each individual.

So I’m just putting it out there for anyone who struggles with mindfulness at times and may be finding themselves checking trade news more than they’d like. Every minute we spend lost in unproductive thought is a minute lost to ourselves and those around us, and some might agree that trade media, for them, is among the most meaningless of all distractions.

Reactions: 7 users

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Kelly deal has gone through.

The Cats receive this year's picks 14 and 24 plus next year's first-round selection in exchange for Kelly, pick 57 and a future third-round selection.

The Cats have also acquired Essendon's pick No.37, with more details on the Bombers' involvement to be confirmed later.

What did we get Marlion for?

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Kelly deal has gone through.

The Cats receive this year's picks 14 and 24 plus next year's first-round selection in exchange for Kelly, pick 57 and a future third-round selection.

The Cats have also acquired Essendon's pick No.37, with more details on the Bombers' involvement to be confirmed later.

What did we get Marlion for?

Did I hear right pick 33 as well?

Wow, just wow!

Gone mad, Ken Bruce has gone mad!

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Think its picks 14, 24, 33 and next years 1st rounder for kelly and 2 x 3rd rounders

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
That is bizarre. Not exactly high picks, but a truckload of them.

Kelly is a very good player but it smacks of desperation by the eagles.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
That is bizarre. Not exactly high picks, but a truckload of them.

Kelly is a very good player but it smacks of desperation by the eagles.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Think its picks 14, 24, 33 and next years 1st rounder for kelly and 2 x 3rd rounders

Why are everyone else's players rated so highly.
I compare Kelly to lambert.
Both play in the shadows of the star players.
The have great durability and running power.
Kelly ave.25 touches 25 goals.
Lambert 22 touches 18 goals.

West coast payed well over the market price

Reactions: 1 user

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
if it gives them a premiership you say it was worth it.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
if it gives them a premiership you say it was worth it.

Kennedy finished
Nit Nat one good sneeze away from missing a season
Barass. Plays for the opposition
No Rioli.
Gaff. A nothing footballer

We have them covered

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
6 years also.

Desperation to get across to WC.

Why Fremantle didn’t at least try, who knows.

Maybe Kelly’s manager said, p155 only interested in premierships and Perth not Fremantle!

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Players of high quality dont trade to lesser teams not in the window these days.

Made a bit of a mockery of the I want to go home to WA, but I'll only go to the club thats actually good.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

This is Geelongs gifted chance to put some major steps into rebuilding post (Selwood, Clangerfield, Ablett, Taylor, Hawkins) at the next 2 drafts.

Also gives them picks to play with to go after a quality player from another club.

wayne

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2007
Traralgon
Buckleys figured out why his photocopier plan of the Tigers didn't work. Needed a ruckman from Sydney. He's onto it now.
Buckley is trying desperately to get an early edition of the new Konrad Marshall book to see what to do next.

Reactions: 1 users