Travel/Overseas destinations | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Travel/Overseas destinations

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Ian4 said:
thanks. not in to F1 these days, but as I'll possibly be there on a weekend (or a champions league match day), I'm hoping one of AC/Inter Milan or Juve are playing at home at around the dates I'm looking at. think I'm sold though.

Forget F1, maranello is the home of Ferrari.

An AC/Inter derby is up there with the biggest. While I'm ambivalent towards EPL, AC Milan is the team I follow in world football. San Siro is special.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Baloo said:
Forget F1, maranello is the home of Ferrari.

An AC/Inter derby is up there with the biggest. While I'm ambivalent towards EPL, AC Milan is the team I follow in world football. San Siro is special.

yeah you're right. when you say marinello, I automatically think F1, even though it is not an F1 circuit (i'm not a car person).

I just checked and neither Milan team have qualified for the champions league (I thought Italy receive 4 spots, but only get 3). the draw for most European league are released in June (the premier is June 15 for example). I'll hold out booking til then.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Never been to Milan but I've lived just outside Copenhagen since 1991.
Have to agree there's not alot to see here. When family and friends visit, there is always plenty to show them, but I wouldn't come here just for the sights of Copenhagen.
Sweden is just across the water so if you're into getting another stamp in your passport that might be an incentive.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
CC TIGER said:
Has anyone here ever done the Ashes, British open and Wimbelton in the same year?

Sort of.... I did the Ashes, Wimbledon and St Andrews in 1993. ;D

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I was in London at the same time as the oval test last year. I could have got a ticket for £100, but I was meh about it. preferred spending more to see an EPL game.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
In NY for Christmas. The airline lost 3 out of 4 bags but other than that the flight over went smoothly.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
having trouble getting a decently priced flight from Ho Chi Minh to Koh Samui. Thinking of replacing Koh Samui with a different destination. Has anyone been to Nha Trang in Vietnam? I've heard its very nice... and its pretty easy to get to from Ho Chi Minh

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Ian4 said:
having trouble getting a decently priced flight from Ho Chi Minh to Koh Samui. Thinking of replacing Koh Samui with a different destination. Has anyone been to Nha Trang in Vietnam? I've heard its very nice... and its pretty easy to get to from Ho Chi Minh

Yeah Nha Trang is nice! Good beaches, cable car rides, and "alcoholic cruises" out to the nearby islands. I think I went on the "Monkey Boat". Quiet beachfront town, cheap, good food.

E

easy_tiger

depend what your after Ian. If you want to party like its Phuket with 10 thousand Russians, then I hear Nah Trang is good.

Me? We went the other way to Pho Quoc and had an absolute ball. Island vibe and chilled beachy resort minus the glitz (although they are constructing a disneyland type thing and aiming to give it heaps of glitz and attract 10,000 russians).

If you can get a room at 'Freedom Land', you will degustate on THE best food you will eat in that entire fantastic country.

Give yourself plenty of time to eat and ride a pushy about Hoi Ann also.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
easy said:
depend what your after Ian. If you want to party like its Phuket with 10 thousand Russians, then I hear Nah Trang is good.

Me? We went the other way to Pho Quoc and had an absolute ball. Island vibe and chilled beachy resort minus the glitz (although they are constructing a disneyland type thing and aiming to give it heaps of glitz and attract 10,000 russians).

If you can get a room at 'Freedom Land', you will degustate on THE best food you will eat in that entire fantastic country.

cheers. i'll take a look

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
easy said:

Remember being in Phuket with 10,000 Russians. Man they are a sour bunch! Was always funny chatting with the business owners about the deal the Thai govt did with the Ruskis and how it has backfired . Also the level of dislike for the Russians was a constant no matter were I went around the island. :)

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I will second easy's call on Phu Quoc. Beautiful, quiet, get in before they develop the *smile* out of it. I had the best spring rolls I've ever had at one restaurant, went to another and had even better.

E

easy_tiger

Ian4 said:
well i'm hoping to go to Russia next year so maybe I'll have to go to Nha Trang and get a taste ;D

there wont be many russians in russia. Theyre all at nah trang and phuket.

spook said:
I will second easy's call on Phu Quoc. Beautiful, quiet, get in before they develop the sh!t out of it. I had the best spring rolls I've ever had at one restaurant, went to another and had even better.

I had a duck Bahn Mi beside the road that made me cry tears of joy.

and i had a bit of mackeral covered in the island green peppercorns that felt like maurice rioli was blind turning on my taste buds.