Trent Cotchin (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trent Cotchin (Merged)

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
TigerForce said:
Just have to pay respect to poor old Poo$y last night on League Teams who was adamant that Chimp should've been suspended or fined for the jumper punch. What a flog.

I thought he was fined ?

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
pete and tys said:
Cotchin is only rivalled by Dangerfield in regard to foot skills. He kicks 50 meters both feet. His goal against Nth on the right and a ripper left footer letter that was cut off in the pocket. H e has sublime skills by foot.

Certainly does. His only knock has been his sometimes wayward kicking for goal. Still seems to affect him more than it should for a guy with his sublime disposal skills but it has been much better.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
TigerForce said:
Just have to pay respect to poor old Poo$y last night on League Teams who was adamant that Chimp should've been suspended or fined for the jumper punch. What a flog.

Paul Lose.

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
TigerForce said:

They really can't let this go, can they?

Was it two years ago that Fyfe was "fined" three times late in the season because the AFL was worried that he already had enough votes to win the Brownlow and they didn't want the controversy of a suspended winner. I'm sure he was reported three times in the back half of the year. He should have been suspended just for being so stupid on the third occasion.

Roosy should talk about that one.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
TigerForce said:

He was fined. Poosy would also be happy to have another 100 players suspended who have all thrown jumper punches since the AFL announced that no more leniency would be afforded?

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
Jumper punch solution is easy.....no jumpers!
Paint each player in home or away or just about any colour that does not clash .
Like the grass, can be changed each week.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
I wonder how much the ongoing commentary on Cotchin's jumper-punch fine may have since influenced the umpires thinking when awarding Brownlow votes. Cotchin's in very fine form and should have racked up a number of votes at the halfway stage of the season.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
The AFL will make sure the umpires know, Cotchin can't win this year
He won't even finish top 10.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Bullarto Tiger said:
I wonder how much the ongoing commentary on Cotchin's jumper-punch fine may have since influenced the umpires thinking when awarding Brownlow votes. Cotchin's in very fine form and should have racked up a number of votes at the halfway stage of the season.

Think most would have been stolen by Dusty. Dusty has been the standout this year.

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
What amazes me is how many jumper punches are thrown yet they media set up a pyre to tie a ball player like Cotchin too. His opponent suffered no ill effects, jut was just a warning fired across the bow to one of the opposition who had targeted Cotcbin for attention that day.

In the same round, Mumford tackles Libba throwing him into the ground and landing his massive frame right on top of him. Mumford knew exactly what he was doing.

Libba was taken out of a game the Giants won by 3 points. Libba's form hasn't been the same since.

But is the media talking about that?

JR8

Tiger Legend
Apr 23, 2003
Melbourne - Eastern Subs
frickenel said:
What amazes me is how many jumper punches are thrown yet they media set up a pyre to tie a ball player like Cotchin too. His opponent suffered no ill effects, jut was just a warning fired across the bow to one of the opposition who had targeted Cotcbin for attention that day.

In the same round, Mumford tackles Libba throwing him into the ground and landing his massive frame right on top of him. Mumford knew exactly what he was doing.

Libba was taken out of a game the Giants won by 3 points. Libba's form hasn't been the same since.

But is the media talking about that?

They would have if Mumford played for Richmond!!

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Shithouse.
I didn't even realise Kennedy was playing, but when the game was to be won. Kennedy showed Cotchin what you do..
Mr invisible.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
zippadeee said:
sh!thouse.
I didn't even realise Kennedy was playing, but when the game was to be won. Kennedy showed Cotchin what you do..
Mr invisible.

Our best midfielder yesterday by quite a margin zips.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Tigerdangerous said:
What has happened to Cotchin in our last two games? Only 17 touches today against the Blues and he certainly escaped scrutiny on this site with his ordinary game last week against Sydney.

You know what? Quiet in terms of possessions but an absolute lion trying to win the contested ball on the ground. He was still important today.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
antman said:
You know what? Quiet in terms of possessions but an absolute lion trying to win the contested ball on the ground. He was still important today.

Agree. In and under there is no one better

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Tigerdangerous said:
What has happened to Cotchin in our last two games? Only 17 touches today against the Blues and he certainly escaped scrutiny on this site with his ordinary game last week against Sydney.

I didn't think he was ordinary against Sydney. 28 touches and a goal.