Trent Cotchin (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trent Cotchin (Merged)

Tigerdangerous

Tigerdangerous
Aug 30, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
I’m pleased to read that about our captain. It’s a bit hard to get objective viewpoints on our players myself, living in Italy for most of the year as I do.

Still I’d like to see him score a goal a game and 17 touches for one of the better players in the AFL is lowly by his standards.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Tigerdangerous said:
I’m pleased to read that about our captain. It’s a bit hard to get objective viewpoints on our players myself, living in Italy for most of the year as I do.

Still I’d like to see him score a goal a game and 17 touches for one of the better players in the AFL is lowly by his standards.

Yeah. Had one set shot that I remember, missed that - a fair way out though. I couldn't go today so watched on TV - he's got great ability to dive and get hands on a ball just as the opposition is about to whisk it away.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Got slammed by the dumb *smile* Dixon. Pity the umpires had their whistles up there ass's.
Had a poor first half but had a better 2nd half. Needs to run more.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Took a lot of heat for the team, allowed Lambert to get off the chain etc. Makes a big difference when others step up and save the skipper from carrying the can for a loss.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
With Lambert and Prestia doing so well in the middle - we now don't rely on Cotch to have a blinder for us to win.

I like the fact so many players are stepping up a level - Ellis, Astbury, Grimes, Short etc and the newbies are contributing when they get a chance - much more even team effort

Pandaboy

Tiger Superstar
Mar 27, 2009
Another super quiet game from the captain. Is he being tagged or just a little out of form?

I know he spent a bit of time on the bench, and I understand stats aren't everything, however numbers wise, Trent is having his leanest year for a long long time, probably since his rookie years.

Has taken massive strides leadership wise, but seems to go missing far too often in games, to be truly considered elite imho. Seems to be a frequent slow starter and especially quiet in first quarters.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Pandaboy said:
Another super quiet game from the captain. Is he being tagged or just a little out of form?

I know he spent a bit of time on the bench, and I understand stats aren't everything, however numbers wise, Trent is having his leanest year for a long long time, probably since his rookie years.

Has taken massive strides leadership wise, but seems to go missing far too often in games, to be truly considered elite imho. Seems to be a frequent slow starter and especially quiet in first quarters.

He's gone missing in our last two, Panda. It's not like he's some kind of Rory Sloane. He just keeps running and gets himself into the game usually. But not for a fortnight.

zippadeee said:
Needs to run more.

That's not something we'd usually say about Chimp, is it, zips? But you're right. He isn't running to his usual levels. Distance or speed.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Seems that coaches realise that Dusty's just about unstoppable so they put massive effort into Cotch instead. Generally almost works for half a game n then Cotch's class n effort rise to the occasion in the second half. Also allows Lambjie, Presty, Grigga, Caddy etc just a little more room to manoeuvre while Cotch is being so heavily sat upon.

Barnzy

What about me?
Mar 6, 2009
zippadeee said:
Got slammed by the dumb sh!t Dixon. Pity the umpires had their whistles up there ass's.
Had a poor first half but had a better 2nd half. Needs to run more.

Yeah that and Wines and co were going up to him all game and shoving/forearming him in the chest and back every stoppage.

He was targeted. That sh!t p!sses me off. I know it's 'soft' if they umps pay a free as technically it's not there but you can't shove a bloke in a chest or back 500 times during a game. Even if they paid one early it would stop for the rest of the game.

We need to sub in Jakey King to flatten pricks who try these tactics. It allowed Martin the run riot though so alls well that ends well.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
TigerMasochist said:
Seems that coaches realise that Dusty's just about unstoppable so they put massive effort into Cotch instead. Generally almost works for half a game n then Cotch's class n effort rise to the occasion in the second half. Also allows Lambjie, Presty, Grigga, Caddy etc just a little more room to manoeuvre while Cotch is being so heavily sat upon.
agree. Chimpy is definitely the one coaches put the tag on.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
spook said:
The MRP better look at that. Nasty, deliberate and dangerous.

Absolutely agree. Richmond fans need to agitate on social media (as all the twits did for Houli on Twitter) if he doesn't get cited. Dixon's a thug. Wish we had a modern-day version of Neil Balme to settle up.

We need an enforcer; got bullied early.

B

Bill James

Barnzy said:
Yeah that and Wines and co were going up to him all game and shoving/forearming him in the chest and back every stoppage.

He was targeted. That sh!t p!sses me off. I know it's 'soft' if they umps pay a free as technically it's not there but you can't shove a bloke in a chest or back 500 times during a game. Even if they paid one early it would stop for the rest of the game.

We need to sub in Jakey King to flatten pricks who try these tactics. It allowed Martin the run riot though so alls well that ends well.
Technically it is a free kick.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Was targeted from the start.

They know you don't try those tactics against Dusty . Just fires him up.

Cotch fought back.

Great leadership speaking and obviously reassuring Rance that you are still the man. Just go play your game.

What Dixon did to him should be closely looked at. Was borderline. Picked him and dumped him. No free. Coward.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
lukeanddad said:
Houli back in 3 weeks

As enforcer? Well, does have a wicked backhander. :hihi

I'd love to play Townsend next PA match and just tell him, "Hit 'em hard, hit 'em as often as you can!"

bowden4president

Stackman
Feb 19, 2005
Punt Rd
waiting said:
What Dixon did to him should be closely looked at. Was borderline. Picked him and dumped him. No free. Coward.
I thought the same. If the AFL want to continue their 'head is sacrosanct' stance, then ramming an oppos head in the turf surely isn't ok.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
It was only Cotch's arm and shoulder that broke the impact a little. But as someone posted, Cotch took an extended break on the bench, they might have been assessing if he sustained any damage.

I hate players slamming opponents into the turf to hurt. Generally useless in football terms, except to do damage to the player. Shortens their careers often, in several ways.