Trent Cotchin (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trent Cotchin (Merged)

toby64

Tiger Champion
Mar 17, 2014
Barnzy said:
As soon as saw him come out and say Richmond has an 'insane connection' I knew he and/or the team would have a poor match.

Yep. With that and members of the media saying we could win the flag the only thing missing was the dj at training.

Drunk their own bath water again

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
What's with the short arm jabs??
Needs a week for being stupid. They won't let him off this week Guarnteed

E

easy_tiger

didnt rance get reported for diving when buddy slapped him?

shouldnt the saints bloke, who doubled over from Chimps slap on his wrist, get cited?

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
The point here is that there was nothing to be gained. It is a poor example to younger players and now he misses a must win game next week.

Opposition taggers will be goading for the rest of the year and waiting for the next cheapie.

Unprofessional and out of character tonight. maybe he knew Martin was out of sorts and wanted to make some form of (silly) statement.

Prince Gwilliam

Tiger Rookie
Jun 23, 2014
The hit from him was try hard rubbish that was terribly undisciplined and gifted Saints a goal and the early momentum.
If he now gets suspended and exposes this mostly young team to a classic RFC danger game without their captain, he should hang his head in shame.

Broders

Tiger Superstar
Jul 29, 2012
achillesjones said:
The point here is that there was nothing to be gained. It is a poor example to younger players and now he misses a must win game next week.

Opposition taggers will be goading for the rest of the year and waiting for the next cheapie.

Unprofessional and out of character tonight. maybe he knew Martin was out of sorts and wanted to make some form of (silly) statement.

I agree with all that AJ except for the out of character bit. Watch him closely and you will find that Cotchy isn't the choir boy that many people think him to be.

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
Prince Gwilliam said:
The hit from him was try hard rubbish that was terribly undisciplined and gifted Saints a goal and the early momentum.
If he now gets suspended and exposes this mostly young team to a classic RFC danger game without their captain, he should hang his head in shame.

Agree but we will have the Wolf Blass ad to watch and love how he talks about the connection within the group.

Mantikorr

Tiger Superstar
Apr 26, 2006
Barnzy said:
As soon as saw him come out and say Richmond has an 'insane connection' I knew he and/or the team would have a poor match.

He's not wrong, they were all insanely connected tonight, just in a bad way

As an aside, I reckon he'll get a week, just for playing for Richmond

Broders

Tiger Superstar
Jul 29, 2012
Mantikorr said:
He's not wrong, they were all insanely connected tonight, just in a bad way

As an aside, I reckon he'll get a week, just for playing for Richmond
The media gave the match review panel jeeps for not suspending him a few weeks ago. They won't leave themselves open to that sort of crititism again

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
He gave away 50. That is all it deserves. Membrey on the other hand ffs

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Don't think I'm been bias, however those actions happen every game and thought there was nothing in it, who knows he might be in trouble anyway. Players who've taken a dive are not going to admit it now

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
CC Undisciplined .

Early on . Cost us a goal.

Same with Rance.

Set the tone.

The AFL /MRP missed him the first time. They will not this one. Wasn't a slap. A punch.

Gets 1 week.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
CC TIGER said:
Don't think I'm been bias, however those actions happen every game and thought there was nothing in it, who knows he might be in trouble anyway. Players who've taken a dive are not going to admit it now
He'll get at least a week, and should for sheer stupidity. The AFL are still pissed off that he wasn't suspended for the jumper punch against Freo. It wasn't much of a hit, I think he hit the Saints' players hand, not his stomach, but the player concerned played it up for all it was worth, however it was intentional and at present they'll jump on anything that even looks like a punch.

axlefoley

Tiger Superstar
Sep 29, 2007
The video tells the tale. His fist made no connection. It was forearm to forearm. The saints player should get fined for faking.

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
axlefoley said:
The video tells the tale. His fist made no connection. It was forearm to forearm. The saints player should get fined for faking.

Hope you're right. Hope they present every "punch" of this type for the whole year as evidence. Whack everyone or *smile* off.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
waiting said:
CC Undisciplined .

Early on . Cost us a goal.

Same with Rance.

Set the tone.

The AFL /MRP missed him the first time. They will not this one. Wasn't a slap. A punch.

Gets 1 week.
CarnTheTiges said:
He'll get at least a week, and should for sheer stupidity. The AFL are still p!ssed off that he wasn't suspended for the jumper punch against Freo. It wasn't much of a hit, I think he hit the Saints' players hand, not his stomach, but the player concerned played it up for all it was worth, however it was intentional and at present they'll jump on anything that even looks like a punch.
Agree undisciplined and stupid, however though you gentleman are probally correct he'll get a week, I just don't think there was much in it.

You'd hope that playing Brissy next week losing Cotch wouldn't matter and would act as a freshen up for him, however after last night and playing at Ethihad I'm not as confident as I'd like to be.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Cotch throws a lot of those punches ... has throughout his career ... he's been pretty lucky to date not to be pinged ... time may have run out now ... probably cruelled his Brownlow chances even if he doesn't get suspended.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
axlefoley said:

Looked to make connection to me. Stupid, undisciplined and poor leadership. Fine.