Trent Cotchin (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trent Cotchin (Merged)

If people got suspended for mediocre performance zips, you'd get a lifetime ban.
Living off a ripper one-liner once a month doesn't cut the mustard. Lift!

The_General said:
If people got suspended for mediocre performance zips, you'd get a lifetime ban.
Living off a ripper one-liner once a month doesn't cut the mustard. Lift!

I'm in the 2's this week

The_General said:
Dud, delist. Should've recruited trout from Woodend
Fun fact, "Trouty" likes to refer to himself in the 3rd person, especially when he's trying to psyche batsman. I wonder who else would do that?

Would like to see him carry the side over the line for a change instead of taking cheap shots at the opposition.

The Selwoods and Dangerfields of this world fight like dogs and win games by willing themselves until the end.

A few 30+ possie games would be nice for a change too.

French Tiger said:
2 weeks in a row under 20 disposals. Business time of the year approaching, we need the skipper to lift

3 weeks in a row actually. 6 games this season now he hasn't been able to break 20 disposals in a game. He is averaging his lowest number of disposals since his season of 2010 (contested possessions also lowest since 2010). He hasn't been the Cotchin of the past few years this year. I still have in the back of my mind his comment a few years ago that he didn't plan on playing AFL for a long time. I hope he's not contemplating retirement.

tigerlove said:
3 weeks in a row actually. 6 games this season now he hasn't been able to break 20 disposals in a game. He is averaging his lowest number of disposals since his season of 2010 (contested possessions also lowest since 2010). He hasn't been the Cotchin of the past few years this year. I still have in the back of my mind his comment a few years ago that he didn't plan on playing AFL for a long time. I hope he's not contemplating retirement.
Those are interesting stats. His role has changed? Our game style has changed? We are a really low possession team this year, but we have won more than most would have though. I dont think we need to be worried about Trent his good games have been excellent something that had been missing for a year.

HR said:
Those are interesting stats. His role has changed? Our game style has changed? We are a really low possession team this year, but we have won more than most would have though. I dont think we need to be worried about Trent his good games have been excellent something that had been missing for a year.

The contributing factor in my opinion to Cotch's lower stats is his inconsistency. This year he goes missing for whole quarters or sometimes halves. This to me doesn't signify a change in role but a recent lack of ability to break his tag and to me it is quite concerning. No doubt at times Cotch has been the Cotch we know, in there as a driving force making a difference to the result, but I have seen quite a bit of lack of intensity at times. I think he is struggling a bit atm. A firing Cotch is critical for us. Just for the record the last time Cotch had 3 games in a row of 20 disposals or less was in 2010 (he didn't play a full season until 2011).

We are a lower disposal team this year compared to last but not significantly. This year we average 363 disposals a game, last year it was 367, the year before was 361.

We seem to be sharing the load a lot more this year. It was only a few weeks ago that people were talking Cotch up as an outsider for the Brownlow. He's had a few down weeks in a row, I expect him to come back with a big week this week against Brisbane.

The better spread of the load through our midfield will be part of the issue with Cotchs disposal numbers. I still reckon he had a half decent game at the weekend (one of the few) and across the year his tackles are at career highs, inside 50's are close to career highs (highest since 2012). The gameplan is impacting some of this too.

mrposhman said:
We seem to be sharing the load a lot more this year. It was only a few weeks ago that people were talking Cotch up as an outsider for the Brownlow. He's had a few down weeks in a row, I expect him to come back with a big week this week against Brisbane.

The better spread of the load through our midfield will be part of the issue with Cotchs disposal numbers. I still reckon he had a half decent game at the weekend (one of the few) and across the year his tackles are at career highs, inside 50's are close to career highs (highest since 2012). The gameplan is impacting some of this too.

No way has Cotch been a chance for the Brownlow this year. 7 games of 21 disposals or less. Dusty all the rage and taking all the votes this year. Cotch has only had 10 tackles for the last 3 games. So not only is he not getting disposals hist tackling is way down. Needs to step up and Brisbane would be a good game for the turnaround. We need him firing.

workmanlike today. inadequate aerial presence up forward. he used to be much stronger overhead.

how much does that prick who head butted him get?

Didnt Leviathon get sacked for a kind of headbutt?

easy said:
workmanlike today. inadequate aerial presence up forward. he used to be much stronger overhead.

how much does that prick who head butted him get?

Didnt Leviathon get sacked for a kind of headbutt?

Contesting against blokes a foot taller.
Forward line structure is stuffed

Tigers of Old said:
BOG IMO. Thought he was in & under all day and did a heap of defensive work.
Great game from the skipper.

Yep, needs to perform like that more consistently in crunch games against top 4 sides now.
Would make him an out and out champion if he can

No problems with the skipper's game today. While he may not have torn the game apart, Cotchin did an enormous amount of grunt work and one-percenters today. Thought he was easily in the Tigers best three players.