Trent Cotchin (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trent Cotchin (Merged)

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
New chimp just got born in Sydney zoo, they haven't got a name yet, thought Trent Kazoo would be good.

Reactions: 5 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Not sure about the not being very good this season statement. Had a couple of poor to average games but most games good and a couple of rippers. 7 out of 10 year so far. Lead us to a flag again and I will rate his year a 9.5 out of 10!

has been instrumental in our big wins, and generally out of the side in our big losses.

Reactions: 2 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
The high tackle was caused by the opposition player lifting the arm.

Trent immediately expressed that was the case.

Self-inflicted high tackles are a free kick to the tackler, so Trent should’ve actually received a free kick for that tackle according to the rules.

Hasn’t been very good this year. I reckon he will retire at the end of this season.

Many were saying he was in Brownlow form earlier this year.

Reactions: 1 user

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Chatting with Tooheys during the week re the Skip, hard to believe how long ago it was when he got the late call up in the wet at the G to debut , been a bloody good story since that day. My favourite Tiger

Reactions: 6 users

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Hasn’t been very good this year. I reckon he will retire at the end of this season.
He is definitely slowing down. Reckon he has 1-2 more years in him. Big one for next year is finding a new role for him with reduced midfield time and finding a replacement mid.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Chatting with Tooheys during the week re the Skip, hard to believe how long ago it was when he got the late call up in the wet at the G to debut , been a bloody good story since that day. My favourite Tiger

Not only was it wet is was freezing that day.
I spent the breaks warning my hands on the driers in the dunny.
He was so skilful and clean.
And the goal he kicked was just pure class.

Reactions: 1 users

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
Not only was it wet is was freezing that day.
I spent the breaks warning my hands on the driers in the dunny.
He was so skilful and clean.
And the goal he kicked was just pure class.
Yep and you knew we had a gem that day!

dmc

Kick it long and direct!
Feb 5, 2004
Ohio, USA
Assuming he plays on next year, which I think he will, where do others see his role in the side? I don't see him continuing in the crash and bash role through the midfield but then again he's never been all that effective as a forward. It will be interesting to see how he and the club handle the later years of his career.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Assuming he plays on next year, which I think he will, where do others see his role in the side? I don't see him continuing in the crash and bash role through the midfield but then again he's never been all that effective as a forward. It will be interesting to see how he and the club handle the later years of his career.

A few of have said for years. Matthew Boyd doesnt tie Chimps shoelaces and he went to half back at the same age and was All Aus.

Easy done. Another 4 elite years there if Chimp wants them and Dimma has the nouse to play him there.

dmc

Kick it long and direct!
Feb 5, 2004
Ohio, USA
A few of have said for years. Matthew Boyd doesnt tie Chimps shoelaces and he went to half back at the same age and was All Aus.

Easy done. Another 4 elite years there if Chimp wants them and Dimma has the nouse to play him there.
Never really thought of him as a HBF but could work. My fear would be he might struggle for pace but certainly has the smarts.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
He knows last 2 games his been down won't suprise me as someone mentioned will come out and lead by example next week.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
pfft. no one is writing him off, but if you can't see that he's playing different this year then you probably think Menadue will make it as an AFL player

But he’s actually had a very good year? A few high tackles and he’s a frustrated crock?

His attack on the ball is as fierce as it’s ever been.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
And to think Diverfield was named captain of the AA team .....
As others have mentioned, Cotch will lead the way against Port.
He'll have a point to prove.

Reactions: 3 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
And to think Diverfield was named captain of the AA team .....
As others have mentioned, Cotch will lead the way against Port.
He'll have a point to prove.

I still reckon if Hardwick didn't rest him for that game we wouldve beaten port.
We have 6 players og quality that didn't play that game.
And we were leading at 3qtr time.
The only player missing for port was Rozeee.
Ladhams Dixon and Their ruckman will be our only concern

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
I still reckon if Hardwick didn't rest him for that game we wouldve beaten port.
We have 6 players og quality that didn't play that game.
And we were leading at 3qtr time.
The only player missing for port was Rozeee.
Ladhams Dixon and Their ruckman will be our only concern

Spot on, Zipps

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
Yes his attack on the ball is elite. Just reckon his ball use, especially by foot, has let him down this year. I still reckon he will retire at year end. No inside knowledge, just my gut feel.

Elmer

Tiger Champion
Dec 3, 2005
That one tackle looked bad, but there was at least two others which were head high. That's a sign of frustration to me or playing "tough" when he doesn't have to resort to that.
Agree Mr Lee. Both in Brisbane and Saints games gave away ill disciplined head high tackles. Particularly this week when talking discipline to do that again was uncharacteristically loose, particularly from the skip who you normally set your watch to for proper toughness. Trent is tough doesn't need to 'look tough.'

Still thought he set the scene in first 5 mins of the game. Minor blemish on his usual impeccable form.