Trent Cotchin (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trent Cotchin (Merged)

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Had a big third term no doubt & could see he was trying to lift us.
It wasn't enough.
Terrible decision to pass off the goal.
Kicking still not good.
The young Fremantle mids had far more influence on the result.
Best game for some time since the Lions game I feel.
That third quarter he was an animal.
Not enough came with him .

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Geeez he busted his balls to keep us in the game, Skip was been the Skip , best game for the year.

Totally up to the Skip if he wants to keep going, he’s earns that right , tough conversation for his heart and hamstrings to have

I actually reckon he would have been a bit inspired watching Cerra go about it.

If he comes, Cotchy can have pizza and beer on Friday nights, get a little bit fat, win the Brownlow off the wing,

and watch these young bucks wear out their cartilage

a couple of years ago, a young upcoming neighbours bull jumped into another neighbours paddock, and started rooting his cows.

The old bull, who was way bigger, but seemed pretty dusted and gone in the back knees,

head butted the young bull to death in a blue that lasted about 2 hours, bulldozed the dead bull into a creek, back on the fence line,

and went and rooted one of his cows.

if it was an elimination final, Cotchy would have made Cerra's armpit face upwards in the first quarter.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
Had a big third term no doubt & could see he was trying to lift us.
It wasn't enough.
Terrible decision to pass off the goal.
Kicking still not good.
The young Fremantle mids had far more influence on the result.
He deadset cannot kick more than 35-40 metres off his right leg at the moment

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Cotch got a lot of footy tonight & I gave him a vote in the loss but again I felt his impact was relatively low.
Honestly in the current format (as an inside midfielder ) I feel his ball use isn't good enough & he struggles to hit meaningful targets.
The game has shifted to an uncontested model & Cotch has been caught out by design.
The club would be doing some deep thinking.

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Cotch got a lot of footy tonight & I gave him a vote in the loss but again I felt his impact was relatively low.
Honestly in the current format (as an inside midfielder )I feel his ball use isn't good enough & he struggles to hit meaningful targets.
The game has shifted to an uncontested model & Cotch has been caught out by design.
He looks tried. His body isn't allowing him to play the way he really wants to play.
You can't just a have a captain that dives on the ball head first to show captaincy. He can't do anything else. His kicking is very very poor
And he can't play no other position. But would he give up 600k or 700k?? And walk away??
I don't think so.

Puntrd64

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
Whisper is he's off to Geelong. Fits their age profile and barracked for them as a kid.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
He’s a warrior, has really tried everything to lift the troops the last few weeks. His body must hurt, has used it as a battering ram for years. Along with Rance the most fearless and bravest tiger I can recall watching.
reckon he has another year in the middle in him with a good rest and good pre-season. When you don’t have most of your starting mids available for large chunks of the year you are going to get exposed. Hopefully he wants to play on as I’d love us to have another serious tilt and his leadership would be key.

Reactions: 3 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
love how he approaches every contest the same no matter if we’re 10 points up or 10 goals down.

Such an important attribute that often goes unnoticed.

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
Season over for Cotch. PCL injury. Hopefully it isnt bad and is rather just us resting him.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Season over for Cotch. PCL injury. Hopefully it isnt bad and is rather just us resting him.

Do we know what grade the injury is - I am assuming low grade given it happened in the 2nd qtr.

Sad news for Cotch, can’t remember him doing a knee during his career although I recall he had some issues over his first couple of seasons.

This has been a season from hell.

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
Do we know what grade the injury is - I am assuming low grade given it happened in the 2nd qtr.

Sad news for Cotch, can’t remember him doing a knee during his career although I recall he had some issues over his first couple of seasons.

This has been a season from hell.
Not sure. Hopefully not too bad given he played the game out (although Nank did the same against Adelaide and then missed 6-8 weeks).

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Maybe he copped it when he got slammed by Sproule .

He got up limping and hobbled mightve got enough impact to his knee to do it.

Get him to the Vets and get him sorted for one more year of Skippa Chimp Savagery.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users