Trent Cotchin (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trent Cotchin (Merged)

Aegean Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Aug 27, 2008
At the end of the day if we are relying on Cotchin to play 20 plus odd games in order to win the flag then that’s says about our depth. Time for the likes of Ross, RCD etc to step up.
If we are relying on Ross & RCD to fill the void then we may struggle to make the eight.

Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I'll have a look and see what he is doing at training today.
No updates sorry, 2nd Monday in a row they haven't trained to schedule so maybe have changed things up or maybe they are in Tassie for the whole week doing community stuff?

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
No updates sorry, 2nd Monday in a row they haven't trained to schedule so maybe have changed things up or maybe they are in Tassie for the whole week doing community stuff?
Actually just bumped into KMac walking into club they are training today but over an hour later than normal.
Chl 7 reporters arriving now too so they were in the know.
The most important reporter of all, (me):), was left in the dark.
Persistence and stalking pays off though so will hopefully have something to report later?

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Bloody he'll players still just rocking into club I have better things to do, (NOT), than hang around for 2 hours.

• Haha

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Right have called it a day a tractor now mowing the oval and I were just starting to enjoy watching the grass grow:rolleyes:

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
There's been very little said about what the injury is.

Yeah, with public reaction in mind they're being coy about the injury as was the case last year, but the way I look at it, we already know the deal and to me it's not a big deal.

We already know that most of our over 30's are there to provide quality for a portion of the season and to peak for final, with anything more just a bonus.

If this helps the champ stay in a better frame of mind with reduced expectations on him, then it's a good thing for all. If they haven't already, the public will soon accept that he doesn't need to captain us for 25 games this year.

As the year progresses, it would be nice if the club finds another way to avoid the inevitable doom and gloom media stories pressuring him to retire, but for now, I don't find the lack of information to be dishonest as we all know the deal.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Yeah, with public reaction in mind they're being coy about the injury as was the case last year, but the way I look at it, we already know the deal and it's not a big deal.

Most of our over 30's are there to provide quality for a portion of the season and to peak for finals. Anything more is a bonus.

Hopefully the champ is in a better frame of mind with the reduced expectations on him. He doesn't need to captain us for 25 games this year, and the club's downplaying of his injury should help to reduce media pressure on him to retire, which is a good thing for all.

In my basic non training report today I did mention Cotch was out there participating but it was basically a recovery session so can't read much into it but he doesn't look too hampered. Will give update at next regular session.

• Love

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Is Cotch actually carrying a niggle or was he just being old fart managed after our intra club practice match so he'd be sweet for the official real practice match against Hawforn /

Reactions: 1 user

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Didn't he have covid as well as others such as D.Rioli, Grimes, RCD, Mansell? Pretty sure the kayo commentator mentioned most if not all those players having contracted it

Aegean Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Aug 27, 2008
Again you are missing the point. We need these guys to step up otherwise we will miss the finals.
Understand and agree Ace. For me the jury is in, don't reckon our gen next mids (class of 21 aside) have the necessary quality to step up as needed.

Last edited:

Aegean Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Aug 27, 2008
Is Cotch actually carrying a niggle or was he just being old fart managed after our intra club practice match so he'd be sweet for the official real practice match against Hawforn /
Enjoying some R&R is my understanding TM. Guess we will have a better idea when the team is announced for tomorrow.