Trent Cotchin (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trent Cotchin (Merged)

An Injury free season of targeted Chimp savagery to lift and lead the Tigers to the 2022 Flag.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
When he fumbled a ball today, kicked it poorly and then sprinted 20 metres and battering rammed some poor bloke you knew the hunger is pretty strong.

You could see the WTF it's a practice match on the face of the bloke he crashed into.
Reminded me of the tackle on the members wing against Geelong circa 2017.

When he fumbled a ball today, kicked it poorly and then sprinted 20 metres and battering rammed some poor bloke you knew the hunger is pretty strong.

You could see the WTF it's a practice match on the face of the bloke he crashed into.
He was frustrated no doubt. TBH I wish he'd hit the targets first time. Despite all his numerous strengths, Cotch isn't a great field kick.
He can't be turning the footy over when the season starts. Not with the new rules as they stand.

Disagree with that mate. Sure he shanks a few like everyone but his field kicking on either foot has always been a strength ILO. His ability to put a teammate into space by foot is elite.

At goal from a set shot would agree with you.

Reactions: 4 users
i agree with TOO, decision making and kicking on his right foot has been suspect for a few years now

Reactions: 1 users
Trent looks in good nick. But at one stage he was lining up for a set shot, 35 out, 45 degree angle, and instead went the low percentage pass. It's a practice match, Chimp. Practise your goal-kicking, it needs it.

Reactions: 3 users
Cotch is going to hurt someone this year. For a practice game he went in hard.
Cotch, Soldo, Marlion, Nank, Kamdyn....there are a few tiges who you wouldn't want coming at you. I like it.
In regards to passing off a kick at goal, we always err on this, I think its the 'team' thing. Accentuated even more in a practice game. I must have said 'just have a shot' a dozen times on the weekend.

Reactions: 1 user
Looked heavy and rusty. Ideal. But he did hit nitro once and unlike 2021 he accelerated. I'm hoping he gets 20 minutes midfield time every second week for the next 15 games. And every week after that. Maybe an extended bye and the odd restorative spa weekend in between. We want this bloke right in September.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
i agree with TOO, decision making and kicking on his right foot has been suspect for a few years now
I agree with you too. His kicking is pretty average - both field and at goal. But that's not what he's paid for. Hardest tiger I've ever seen - that includes Rance who was crazy brave. The chimp is something else. Just hope they can keep him fresh enough to impact the finals in a big way.

Reactions: 4 users
Just read that the club has two new winter roles in the pipeline for the fashionable father of three.

Half back fondue in June.
1646627948766.png

And half forward hibachi in July.
1646628104281.png

The innovative match day equipment has already been approved by Brad Scott who said it was almost as brilliant as the time Mr Hocking surrounded the playing area with soon-to-be-broken glass. And quoted him "What could possiblye go wrong?"

• Haha
I agree with you too. His kicking is pretty average - both field and at goal. But that's not what he's paid for. Hardest tiger I've ever seen - that includes Rance who was crazy brave. The chimp is something else. Just hope they can keep him fresh enough to impact the finals in a big way.
Crazy brave but looks like metrosexual man who wouldn't hurt a fly

I thought he was gone mid last season.
He is still not the Cotch of old but there are now glimpses and reminders . His kicking was never long but since he started getting hammies he has lost another 10 metres I reckon.

Just read that the club has two new winter roles in the pipeline for the fashionable father of three.

Half back fondue in June.
View attachment 14733

And half forward hibachi in July.
View attachment 14734

The innovative match day equipment has already been approved by Brad Scott who said it was almost as brilliant as the time Mr Hocking surrounded the playing area with soon-to-be-broken glass. And quoted him "What could possiblye go wrong?"
hey,,,if a yank can wear sunnies, why not

• Haha
Disagree with that mate. Sure he shanks a few like everyone but his field kicking on either foot has always been a strength ILO. His ability to put a teammate into space by foot is elite.

At goal from a set shot would agree with you.

I agree with you.

Like Dusty and other quality mids, Chimp has the ability to take the most damaging options, even before they exist.

And like Dusty, he makes less errors when playing it safe, like in 2016...

Of course, less errors = not being creative, bold, looking forward, or taking calculated risks, etc.

Errors are in the nature of a daring style of play, so you have to accept them. A majority of his kicks on either foot are pure class, so that's what matters.

When rating a player's kicking, I don't start with 100% and then subtract for every error, I start with 0% and add for every positive action they do that contributes to winning, in general.

The alternative philosophy is to pursue error-free football, which means everyone on your list has to be more skilled than Cotch.... good luck with that!

I thought he was gone mid last season.
He is still not the Cotch of old but there are now glimpses and reminders . His kicking was never long but since he started getting hammies he has lost another 10 metres I reckon.

He always has gears in reserve, though.

I've never seen him look anything less than "the Cotch of old" when he needs to be.

That's not the same as someone like, say Steve Johnson a couple of years ago.