Trent Cotchin (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trent Cotchin (Merged)

I thought the Chimp tried hard. He was about the only one who made a genuine attempt to win heavy contests at ground level. A bunch of his team mates stood around hoping he’d be successful rather than digging in themselves.

Praise be to Chimp.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
I thought the Chimp tried hard. He was about the only one who made a genuine attempt to win heavy contests at ground level. A bunch of his team mates stood around hoping he’d be successful rather than digging in themselves.

Praise be to Chimp.
The Chimp will be a legend forever but we have seen his best.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
The Chimp will be a legend forever but we have seen his best.
We've seen the best of the vast majority of our 3 time premiership heroes. That is just a plain fact; time stops for no man.

The question is whether they can still get to a level (albeit not their absolute best) that will help us win a 4th flag? They will need support of younger players coming through to bridge the gap. Fair to say it didn't look promising tonight.

Reactions: 1 user
He had 14 touches for the night. 14.

21 year old Jack Ross needs opportunity to improve & not on a wing.
So what about 14 touches. So he didn’t gather many. At least 9 were contested. 64%. He spent long spells on the hff as well.

Your boy Ross did his usual trick: 20 posessions with only 5 contested. 25%. Zero tackles. Bang on for him.

So what about 14 touches. So he didn’t gather many. At least 9 were contested. 64%. He spent long spells on the hff as well.

Your boy Ross did his usual trick: 20 posessions with only 5 contested. 25%. Zero tackles. Bang on for him.
That's a lame argument Red. The wing is different to the guts & you know it. Agree to disagree on this one.

Reactions: 2 users
Your numbers do lie. How can you compare a clearance player with an outside player?
Huh ??? The guy has a career average of something like 80% uncontested possessions. Your notion that he is some sort of contested possession/clearance bull has little to no supportive data. How do the AFL stats lie ?

And playing on a wing or hbf is no excuse either. That weighting is still on the very high side for those positions regardless.

He had 14 touches for the night. 14.

21 year old Jack Ross needs opportunity to improve & not on a wing.
Agree Oldie, however Jack Ross is never going to be another Chimp. We are transioning and despatately need to fix centre clearances.
During Chimps time we were never great at this, but forced turnovers from the back half. From there Chimps bash,crash and underestimated run created scoring opportunities.
Think throwing big Noah in there as an onballer, not ruckman maybe worth a try.

Reactions: 1 users
Love him but Trent just doesn't impact games like he used to. 2022 will be his last go round I reckon... Will be a changing of the guard next year.

You can always have a bad game. What you can't do is let your opponents run riot.

Cotchin let his opponents dominate. He couldn't compete.

He deserves another run because you back him in. But just one more game where his opponents run riot like that and he has to be dropped.

I was watching him pretty closely last night and It’s the second and third in the chain of possession he gets slaughtered now.. just can’t go anymore. Couldn’t get to the next possession. If he doesn’t win or impact that initial contested ball he is done. Can’t really put (hide) him at half back or throw him fwd as his pace and skills aren’t good enough… I am not writing him off yet he is Absolutely a tiger legend/immortal but the end is near for the champ.

Reactions: 1 users