Trent Cotchin (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trent Cotchin (Merged)

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
His shoes are so big to fill they had to get two blokes.

Yes.... absolutely *smile* me to tears the amount of sycophantic fawning, sections of the football industry heap on the likes of Selwood and Pendlebury as leaders, when neither has led their club from the laughing stock of the competition to being amongst the most successful clubs in the past 20 years.

Unlikely to see the other two ever introduced as triple premiership captains either!

Thanks for the joy you helped bring to my life Cotch. Have a great year!

• Love
Reactions: 14 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
With no disrespect to Grimes and Nankervis, Cotch will remain a spiritual leader and under the radar skipper for RFC
He knows no other way to play footy than by leading by example.
He'll still be laying match-defining crunching tackles in this years' finals series on the march to premiership glory.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Still mystified by his decision to stand down when our big mantra this year is that there is one more flag left in our champs.

Reactions: 1 user

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
So he can be there for a couple of years to assist and guide the next captain(s).

Unlike Pendlebury and Selwood he's wants his successor to have the best chance of succeeding after a smooth transition.

Reactions: 9 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Still mystified by his decision to stand down when our big mantra this year is that there is one more flag left in our champs.
I'm not. ... just proves it's not all about him..... unlike a couple of other big name captains.
Maybe he thinks his body could give up the ghost at any time and apart from that, the amount of *smile* he and his wife have had to put up with (yes, some possibly self inflicted) over the past couple of years would surely wear you down.

One last roll of the dice being cannonball Cotch!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

dmc

Kick it long and direct!
Feb 5, 2004
Ohio, USA
Can't wait to see how we use Cotch this year. His midfield minutes will have to come down if the likes of Bolton, Graham, Baker, Short, RCD, Ross etc are to get more prime time action. So where does that leave the Champ when he's not in the guts. Deep forward doesn't really suit his game style. He's never been super dangerous in front of goal. I suspect he'll play a sweeper type role across the HB line. Does Dimma pull a rabbit out of his hat and give Cotch run with defense roles? Will be one of the many story lines to watch this year.

Reactions: 2 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Can't wait to see how we use Cotch this year. His midfield minutes will have to come down if the likes of Bolton, Graham, Baker, Short, RCD, Ross etc are to get more prime time action. So where does that leave the Champ when he's not in the guts. Deep forward doesn't really suit his game style. He's never been super dangerous in front of goal. I suspect he'll play a sweeper type role across the HB line. Does Dimma pull a rabbit out of his hat and give Cotch run with defense roles? Will be one of the many story lines to watch this year.

Very interesting isn't it. Cotch's time on ground has been low for a few years now. High 60% to low 70%. I have reservations about him playing behind the ball. His kicking now lacks a bit of penetration and depth due to those hamstring injuries.

• Sad

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
If its another Hammy resigned to the fact we will only see him 10 ish games this year. Bit of a worry

• Sad

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I'll wait for media to start a "can Richmond win another flag for the little champ" campaign.....

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
very nervous about this injury report

Was looking awesome in the intra club, not a good sign that after one game he has issues.

Unfortunately averages about 15 games per yrs in the last 3 years, and at this stage 15 games would be a bonus .

Reactions: 1 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
At the end of the day if we are relying on Cotchin to play 20 plus odd games in order to win the flag then that’s says about our depth. Time for the likes of Ross, RCD etc to step up.

Reactions: 4 users

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
At the end of the day if we are relying on Cotchin to play 20 plus odd games in order to win the flag then that’s says about our depth. Time for the likes of Ross, RCD etc to step up.
Cotch is a once in a lifetime player

Ross and RCD may step up, they may not, they aren't replacing Cotch though.

Reactions: 2 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Cotch is a once in a lifetime player

Ross and RCD may step up, they may not, they aren't replacing Cotch though.
Didn’t say they were replacing him. But we can’t rely on Cotchin anymore. Others needs to step up.

Reactions: 1 users