Trent Cotchin (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trent Cotchin (Merged)

Great stuff (and Ray Champerpot only penalised him that 2nd 50m penalty because he's an egotistical flog)

Reactions: 1 user
Trent 'Laceout' Cotchin. How many Brownlows would he have won roving to Little Ivvy his whole career? Somewhere between three and eight.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Capt. found plenty of stoop shouldered,

chimpanzee space today.

he partied like it was 2017.

• Love
Anyone still posting about The Chimp's decline as a footballer? There have been plenty on here doing so recently....

That's what happens who you write Champions off.....they inevitably prove you wrong.

BTW how good was he was showing off one of his great underrated strengths today - bringing a teammate into the right space by foot.

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
For me, the story is the same as the team today. I like what I saw but I want to see it in a game against good opposition.

Doesn't surprise me Cotchin is a good player still, I want to know if he is still a great one.

if you dont know if cotchy is great or not BR,

in any tense,

you need your keyboard read

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone still posting about The Chimp's decline as a footballer? There have been plenty on here doing so recently....

That's what happens who you write Champions off.....they inevitably prove you wrong.

BTW how good was he was showing off one of his great underrated strengths today - bringing a teammate into the right space by foot.
All hail Chimp. Bow down peasants.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
For me, the story is the same as the team today. I like what I saw but I want to see it in a game against good opposition.

Doesn't surprise me Cotchin is a good player still, I want to know if he is still a great one.

That's selling GWS a little short imo. They were pretty good against Sydney, who themselves have been pretty impressive.

Cotchin isn't great anymore but he shouldn't have to be, given the injuries and battering his body has taken. A few players in our midfield need to take a step up.

Reactions: 1 user
Maybe so Ezy, but that's where I sit.

Does it surprise me that Cotchin can dominate GWS? Not at all.

Can he still do it against Melbourne, the Bulldogs or even Carlton? Not so sure. Hope so but not sure.

cotchys best has always been,

and remains,

better than Selwoods best.

by any measure.

the greatest captain Richmonds ever had,

will be my captain forever

• Love
Chimp does as champs do.

Impacts key moments like always. Great I50 entries of elite quality like he does every week, including last week. This week was fun to see that he looks like he's enjoying leading a fresh, young midfield around him.

Cotchin Bolton Dow were at the opening bounce, and I think Dow and Cotchin were paired up in quite a few centre bounces.

It's a massive privilege to have a player of his quality there to teach and lead by example for our next generation of midfielders.

Reactions: 9 users
Chimp does as champs do.

It's a massive privilege to have a player of his quality there to teach and lead by example for our next generation of midfielders.
This has to be his main job at the club now. If our burgeoning mids become half the player Cotch is, they will be more than OK

Reports of his demise in recent weeks were once again greatly exaggerated

• Love
Trent, these days, is a "burst" or phase player.
He has a patch where he can dominate and control, four or five centre clearances, resulting in 2-3 goals.
It can decide the result of a game.
Especially in this era of lower scoring results.