Trent Cotchin (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trent Cotchin (Merged)

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Unfortunately Steele took the points again.
Cotch battled his heart out but barely got a kick after half time.
Panned out like I expected but really hoped it wouldn't.

Reactions: 1 user

tora

Tiger Rookie
Dec 10, 2021
Unfortunately Steele took the points again.
Cotch battled his heart out but barely got a kick after half time.
Panned out like I expected but really hoped it wouldn't.
Gresham, Crouch and Steele all got a lot of football

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Cotchin just can’t play a whole game. Was good in the first half but disappeared thereafter.

Role for the rest of the year has to be managed minutes through middle to effectively coach the young mids we do have.

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Cotchin just can’t play a whole game. Was good in the first half but disappeared thereafter.

Role for the rest of the year has to be managed minutes through middle to effectively coach the young mids we do have.
Unfortunately could say the same for the rest of the team who also disappeared after half time. While i do believe Cotch has gone on one too many years the issue is we are still expecting him to be our leading midfielder where he should just be pinch hitting. No Prestia and Martin hasn't helped his cause.

Reactions: 2 users

Stackey

Tiger Rookie
Jan 13, 2022
Unfortunately could say the same for the rest of the team who also disappeared after half time. While i do believe Cotch has gone on one too many years the issue is we are still expecting him to be our leading midfielder where he should just be pinch hitting. No Prestia and Martin hasn't helped his cause.
So true!

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
Exactly. Still being asked to carry this midfield in his twilight years. The loss of Prestia, Lambert and now Martin .. compounded with Edwards poor form… the lack of depth in RCD, Martyn, Ross… it all makes for a disastrous mix.

Reactions: 2 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Well, the Chimpa Champ is in the same boat as Shed and Jack. Last year. Hopefully has a few more decent games in the tank - think he does - but this is it.

How are we gonna replace that hair ?? I’ll be devo. All hail the Chimp.

• Love

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
One thing we all need to be eternally grateful for is the simple fact that without Trent Cotchin at the RFC, Dustin Martin does not become the player he is today!! Simple as that.

Stackey

Tiger Rookie
Jan 13, 2022
Yes all hail the Chimp!
That stylish bouffe! That purposeful hunch! Just been privileged to have seen Chimp's career from his first game!
In full flight ala PF agin Geelol...that full bore run into a pack of players, pirouette then exit with left foot kick over the goal umpire's head for a magnificent inspirational goal! Leader by example! And so many more!!!
Alas time waits for no player!
Still one of the few Champs that deserve to go out on their own call cos chimp's given so much to the Club!
All time Champ! Leader of the Club! Deserved Brownlow winner! Captain of THREE GF Wins!!!
Yes all hail the Chimp!

Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
How are we gonna replace that hair ??
It is a worry. Love The Sonz but he's rocking one of those pasty don't-need-a-combover combovers that look like Mum's had to lick her fingers to plaster it down on the way into church.

They can't even sew decent hair onto Kamdyn's head.

Soldo has the most cultured, masculine, mullet-mo combo in the league, but it's not the same.

MoJu could grow out the afro?

Matt Clarke and/or Blair have some work to do.

• Haha

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
The chimp is cooked and has been for 18mths, same with Jack R.

They have earnt the right to go out on their terms but they'll damage their brand in the process.

The selfless culture our club built is a sham when these guys decide to play on for no other reason than the cash.

I'm starting to feel old when I remember the chimps first ever game against Geesook at the G in the coldest game I have been to. I seriously thought about going home at halftime and I think I lasted until halfway though the last. The frostbite was kicking in.

Last edited:

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
i dont reckon his form is too far off some his last premiership year, but the form of those around him, and the quality, has dropped right off.

Reactions: 4 users

josey

Tiger Superstar
Mar 17, 2008
Melbourne
He had 4 direct turnovers from handballs yesterday. That's a first.
It looked to me that the blokes on the outside weren't where they were supposed to be. I suspect if we had Lambett and Edwards in the outside roles like they were in our prime, those handballs would have resulted in a mad rush forward.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
He had 4 direct turnovers from handballs yesterday. That's a first.
I saw 2 in 10 seconds.
Gee he is slow. The crouch is more prominent. And doesn't have a depth in his kicking.
Last week his kick hit the ground from 35 metre a basic pass to lynch.
Its sad