Trent Cotchin (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trent Cotchin (Merged)

Superb game from Cotch no doubt after a tough one last week vs Carlton. Credit where it’s due that was the best game I’ve seen from him in 12 months.
Was moving freely in the preseason games so must be getting some faith back in his legs. This is a good thing.
Next week he’ll be up against Jack Steele who’s had the wood on him in recent battles. Fingers crossed he can repeat yesterday’s performance.

Reactions: 3 users
55 pressure points? That's workrate. Not pace, not agility just pure effort. Huge.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Think the error that Geelong and Hawthorn made was axing Bartel and Hodge too soon.
It created unrest amongst the respective playing groups.
The mentor experience is invaluable, would like to see Trent play until 34 or 35.

Reactions: 2 users
We know Chimpa likes to take it easy in practice matches and the phoney season. And who can blame him? If the team can't squeak wins in those there's nothing coming through.

How would we feel if the fitness staff had Cotchin screwed down in R1? Or R2? We'd be aghast.

Anyways it was very good of Trent to polish up his skills in a non event game against a notorious *smile* fight some time in late summer. And we won.

I don't think any of us was expecting that Dion would buckle half an hour into the season and that Dusty would demand a trade to Sydney at half time in Round 1, least of all the former captain.

But a week after that sequence of spot fires Trent was pissing on the problem. A little bit of swagger about the old boy.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could get Trent back into some beach work and let the children win the games for us? Maybe after Easter. In R2 Trent did what he had to.

Reactions: 10 users
Superb game from Cotch no doubt after a tough one last week vs Carlton. Credit where it’s due that was the best game I’ve seen from him in 12 months.
Was moving freely in the preseason games so must be getting some faith back in his legs. This is a good thing.
Next week he’ll be up against Jack Steele who’s had the wood on him in recent battles. Fingers crossed he can repeat yesterday’s performance.
A couple of Nank's special crushing tackles into the concrete Dome will take the spring outta Steele :))

A couple of Nank's special crushing tackles into the concrete Dome will take the spring outta Steele :))
The Dome, craigybabes? Trent spends the weekend at the beach. We can see him in R4.

Steele can wear the Jack Ross tag.

Last night Karen thought it was an ordinary game with only 18 disposals. Sigh....
Cornes is a longtime hater of Trent. ... they exist, we have a very big one on this site, home on the couch, watching his every move, remote in one hand for a quick rewind review, sharpie in the other furiously scribbling away for post match dissemination no doubt.

Kane should be more concerned about his love child Rozee. ..... anointed him as the clear No1 out of his draft year 2 weeks into his first season..... how's that looking now?:rolleyes:

What I liked about Chimps game the most was the poise and decision making with ball in-hand. Dow, Hugo, RCD, Ross et Al need to study him closely.

What I liked about Chimps game the most was the poise and decision making with ball in-hand. Dow, Hugo, RCD, Ross et Al need to study him closely.

Diane Fossey never became a gorilla

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Afl.com declaring 0 premiership skipper joel selwood the greatest captain of all time.

Hes a tough champion. An all time triple premiership great.

But 0 premiership captain the greatest captain ever?

Who thinks this *smile*, let alone writes it, let alone publishes it?

Gotta be voss, cotch or hodge in the modern era surely?

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Afl.com declaring 0 premiership skipper joel selwood the greatest captain of all time.

I just posted something similar on the Geelong thread. ;)

Syd Coventry (captained 4 premierships in a row) says hi.

I know, modern era, but still . . .

Plus, the AFL site says ever, not just the modern era.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

Has to be Voss or Cotchin. Then there is also Luke Hodge.

Voss captained a Three Peat Premiership Dynasty and won a Brownlow.

Chimp also captained 3 Flags and won a Brownlow.

Geez even King Carey is more prominent than Selwood. Skppererd 2 flags one of the best players of all time.

Reactions: 4 users
Syd Coventry, *smile* Reynolds and Michael Tuck are the most successful captains, with four premierships each.

Then on 3 are Cotch, Hodge, Voss and Tuck in the recent era but I reckon there would be others. I know Royce has 2 for the tigers I assume is next in line at tiger land.

Selwood has a big fat 0 (zero), niltch, nada. Doesnt even make the very long list of premiership captains - and there is a lot of them.

Reactions: 3 users
Syd Coventry, *smile* Reynolds and Michael Tuck are the most successful captains, with four premierships each.

Then on 3 are Cotch, Hodge, Voss and Tuck in the recent era but I reckon there would be others. I know Royce has 2 for the tigers I assume is next in line at tiger land.

Selwood has a big fat 0 (zero), niltch, nada. Doesnt even make the very long list of premiership captains - and there is a lot of them.
Tuck is an interesting captain. Would have to be the most mild manner captain to lead a club to a premiership cup.