Trent Cotchin (Merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trent Cotchin (Merged)

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
I’m sure all of Punt Rd will have loved his game on many levels , pitty the game time clashed with the VFL
Would have been a good game for Sonsie to see live

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Super game from Chimp tonight. Still see him as the spiritual skipper.
Agree... saw him taking care of that so called superstar DeGoey at some stoppages. .. had that of been Pendlebury on Dustin, the media would have left their vantage points to form a guard of honour!

Watched his interview with Sarah Jones post game and she actually introduced him as the Richmond captain. ... he was too respectful to correct her!

Reactions: 7 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Still so good in tight and hands are still creative.

Playing a huge role.

Reactions: 6 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
How good is this bloke going. Feels like 2012 again.
Has turned back the clock.
I haven’t seen him this nimble in ages.
29 quality disposals, many in heavy congestion where he simply danced in and out of trouble like the Matrix.
Wrapt I was there to see it live. Marquee performance

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I think we have him playing the perfect amount of time now. Low 70's. Started the season playing too much TOG IMO. Down around 5% since then and really impacting the game and now giving him the time to rest his body. This is the blueprint for the rest of the season IMO. Looks as good and as fresh as he has for a couple of years.

Reactions: 5 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Was monumental.
One of Cotch s finest.
Loved his attack and his class

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
You get the feeling Chimpah won't be jumping on too many planes.
I think he will be well managed and he/the club/us will benefit greatly.
May mean he can go again next year, too.
Love your work, Triple Trent!

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
30 disposals, 8 clearances and a goal.

Controversial, but I reckon he's in career best form.

Reactions: 5 users

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
30 disposals, 8 clearances and a goal.

Controversial, but I reckon he's in career best form.
Cornes maintains he should have retired and is not influencing games. As opposed to….? Pendles? I know who I prefer. See Pendles poor tackle effort on Castagna?

Reactions: 1 user

dmc

Kick it long and direct!
Feb 5, 2004
Ohio, USA
I thought he was the catalyst on Saturday. Really set the tone. Great game. One of my all time favorites!!

Reactions: 2 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Cornes maintains he should have retired and is not influencing games. As opposed to….? Pendles? I know who I prefer. See Pendles poor tackle effort on Castagna?

I will preface this by saying Pendlebury is a great footballer. ..... but, the manner in which the media fall all over themselves to celebrate his leadership at Collingwood is really beyond belief.

He's been the captain of his club since 2014 and prior to that VC for 5 years...... and though many of the recent revelations as to their cultural problems were prior to his captaincy .... a lot of them are on his watch!

Sure, Cotchin's reign at Richmond was not perfect... (embrace your imperfections!) His leadership though, IMO, has been spectacular in comparison!

If Pendlebury was such a great leader, he should have stepped down from his position when that report was released to also acknowledge his failures whilst at the helm. It appears he'll need to be dragged kicking and screaming due to his own ego or the lack of leaders he's helped foster below him!

Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I've been concerned much of his past year that injury & age was catching up with him & I'll stand by what I've said but that was the best game I've seen from him in ages . Was far more like the Cotch we know & love.
Looks to be moving really well. Hardwick's preseason predictions that he was super fit are ringing true.
Bloody great signs from the Chimp. Hope he keep it up cause if he can then anything is possible.

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
All good signs he can bow out with at least a decent finals campaign..... but for now loving the set the example/uncompromising attack on the ball, reminding some of the younger players what it takes to really want the ball!

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Jeez I hope we can manage his game time well. With the backline back to AFL best a fit and firing Cotchin/Prestia/Martin combo makes us a completely different proposition.

I did think the chimps best was behind him but he was awesome on Saturday at setting the tone. The most brutal tigers player I have seen live. And best hair.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
If Cotch can stay on the park with form near to that, and Prestia is fit then I may have to flip back to the brightside.

It's all about the midfield for us.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user