U.S Presidential Election | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

U.S Presidential Election

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
If Joe wins I'm tipping he won't see a year in the job before he has to retire.

Trump can barely walk down a ramp and lives on a diet of fast food and television. Biden looks in excellent shape for an old dude.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Trump can barely walk down a ramp and lives on a diet of fast food and television. Biden looks in excellent shape for an old dude.
You're funny Contrarian. Sleepy Joe doesn't even know where he is half the time.

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Do you hope Trump wins @Althom?
I see it as a competition between a possibly insane candidate and a possibly senile candidate and think either one of them is a disaster for the US and by extension for the world.

They'd be better off wheeling both Presidential candidates off to the Looney Bin and letting the VP candidates fight it out.

Reactions: 3 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Heh, the classic "both are bad" line used by the people who were once loud and proud MAGA.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Heh, the classic "both are bad" line used by the people who were once loud and proud MAGA.
Another comedian. Recent US history is just one poor leader after another. Neither side has anything to brag about. It's going to take a complete change to do anything to fulfill that somewhat useless and stupid slogan of MAGA

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Another comedian. Never had any interest in US politics. Recent US history is just one poor leader after another.

Struggling to understand that. You have no interest but know enough to call the recent leaders poor?

OK.

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Another comedian. Recent US history is just one poor leader after another. Neither side has anything to brag about.

Struggling to understand that. You have no interest but know enough to call the recent leaders poor?

OK.
Well you can hardly miss them can you? In your face in the media every single day. Generally behaving like idiots or bombing people into the stone age in the name of "peace".

Last edited:

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Well you can hardly miss them can you? In your face in the media every single day. Generally behaving like idiots or bombing people into the stone age in the name of "peace".

Ah, I see you edited your post to remove the lack of interest comment.
Cool

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I see it as a competition between a possibly insane candidate and a possibly senile candidate and think either one of them is a disaster for the US and by extension for the world.

They'd be better off wheeling both Presidential candidates off to the Looney Bin and letting the VP candidates fight it out.

fair summary

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
The biggest issue is not so much Trump as Mitch McConnell.

The US system relies on a separation of powers which relies on each branch of government performing it's role. The power of the President is supposed to be limited by congress but McConnell and the Republicans have made sure there is no accountability from congress, when Nixon resigned congressional republicans were telling him that they would impeach him, the current lot wouldn't impeach Trump on any basis. The system also relies on an independent judiciary, which the republican stacking of the Supreme Court, and even more so the Federal Court where Obama couldn't get scores of justices appointed, which has rendered the courts partisan. This has been McConnell's doing, in fact, the only way the republicans in congress would move against Trump is if he stops being useful to McConnell.

The Republicans know they are screwed demographically so they are trying to stack the system and make sure anyone likely to vote against them is excluded from voting.

The US political system is a complete mess at the moment. Ironically it has been the states who have done the most to curb some of the abuses as the federal level of government has been deliberately made dysfunctional.

DS

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
One of my favourite singers John Fogerty of Creedence Clearwater Revival fame, has issued a cease and desist order to Trump to stop him from using his song - Fortunate Son, good on him.

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
One of my favourite singers John Fogerty of Creedence Clearwater Revival fame, has issued a cease and desist order to Trump to stop him from using his song - Fortunate Son, good on him.

I saw Fogerty play at Bluesfest in 2008. Great gig, sounded just like Creedence. The tent was packed so I left a little early and walked into a half-empty tent just as The Black Crowes were starting on Remedy. Unreal.

• Love

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

How can the Trump mob be using this song, it's all about being born into privilege, like Trump.

It's like Reagan using Born in the USA.

These people are just too thick to understand the lyrics.

Someone needs to run Thick as a Brick with a pic of Trump.

DS

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Bobby Brown, the Frank Zappa version, would be the perfect Trump campaign song.

Reactions: 1 user