Welcome Bigoa Nyuon | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Bigoa Nyuon

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Nah, as mentioned he is 3 years younger but already a million miles ahead of Miller UKT. Much prefer to see him get an opportunity if we replace Tarrant with a tall.

It will take him a while to adjust like nearly everyone, but he 100% has AFL traits.

Reactions: 3 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Nah, as mentioned he is 3 years younger but already a million miles ahead of Miller UKT. Much prefer to see him get an opportunity if we replace Tarrant with a tall.

It will take him a while to adjust like nearly everyone, but he 100% has AFL traits.
His ability to read the fall of the ball is elite. Prepared to leave his man and time the interception whether by fist or mark is what you want in a defender. He turns it over not because he can’t kick but he goes for that killer pass. I wouldn’t be forcing that out of him. But with experience he will time those better.

If it was up to me I would put a 3 year deal in front of him now. Because if come the end of the year and he is still uncontracted then I am afraid someone else will snap him up.

Reactions: 5 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Like UKT I reckon Miller needs to get a decent go, he is not going to be A Grade but a solid, tall defender who can run makes for a pretty good AFL player.

But we need to get Biggie a few games to see what we have. If, as Smoking Aces says, he can read the fall of the ball and attack out of defence then the potential looks higher. Is it the right move to put him in against the West Coast forwards? That is not an easy decision, they are big and very experienced.

Maybe not the right game to debut Biggie but he needs a shot soon.

DS

Jan 12, 2012
Melbourne
…He turns it over not because he can’t kick but he goes for that killer pass. I wouldn’t be forcing that out of him. But with experience he will time those better.
I recall one of the coaches (Dimma perhaps?) saying that they thought he was an exceptional kick, and they wanted him to become more adventurous with it and bite off corridor kicks. You can be the best kick in the world, but judging whether an opponent can intercept or not is a different skill. I’ve seen a couple of Biggie’s howlers and I think they’re mistakes of judgement, rather than miskicks. I think he’s just playing to instruction and needs more practice under match conditions. Certainly looks like he’s defending well.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Doesn't lack confidence, backs himself in, and has good skills. If Grimes doesn't get selected, I'd like to see Biggie come in for Tarrant.

Reactions: 1 user

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
For what it's worth I saw Miller at the airport yesterday flying out....presume he is on his way to Perth a few days early
Catch up with family for a day maybe.... been hard for any blokes from WA past couple of years... especially the young fellas I reckon.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Dare Leysy say it, Biggy's behind is starting to get well...bigger as well.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I recall one of the coaches (Dimma perhaps?) saying that they thought he was an exceptional kick, and they wanted him to become more adventurous with it and bite off corridor kicks. You can be the best kick in the world, but judging whether an opponent can intercept or not is a different skill. I’ve seen a couple of Biggie’s howlers and I think they’re mistakes of judgement, rather than miskicks. I think he’s just playing to instruction and needs more practice under match conditions. Certainly looks like he’s defending well.

If that is the case, and I don't see enough VFL to know, he should be encouraged to continue to be adventurous and we live with the mistakes. Mistakes make for great experience.

DS

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Dare Leysy say it, Biggy's behind is starting to get well...bigger as well.
I'm right, behind, the get biggie into the side. Is tracking nicely, and looks like being a big booty. Hope he gets a game this week, butt if it's not this week against the Pies will do.