Welcome Bigoa Nyuon | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Bigoa Nyuon

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Had an interesting conversation with a father at Dandenong Stingrays training on Friday night. My son at this stage is training with the under 16 Stingray side (U15s this year) and they had joint training with the U18s at Seaford. This dad has been following the Stingrays for a few years as his son has been bottom age and has a great knowledge of a lot of the players just drafted.
He is actually a Tiger supporter as well and we spoke of the draftees..let’s just say hopefully Biggie hardens up some what.

Said at a game this year biggie copped a slight kick to the leg just before 3 qtr time and got checked out and cleared to go back on by the physio for the start of the last qtr. During the 3qtr time break he took himself off and put ice on his leg and just sat on the sideline.

Coaches had to yell to the other ruckman to run on just before they bounced the ball for the 4th qtr when they noticed he wasn’t on.

Copped a good talking too but sounds like he ( the dad) is not much of a fan.
The other side of that, it may not be a grey matter issue. He could've been protecting himself against further injury, vic country representation, the ability of being spotted and drafted at the end of the year? From that perspective you can say he is driven and wants to succeed at all costs. If he goes against the coach at VFL level that's a totally different discussion!

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
The other side of that, it may not be a grey matter issue. He could've been protecting himself against further injury, vic country representation, the ability of being spotted and drafted at the end of the year? From that perspective you can say he is driven and wants to succeed at all costs. If he goes against the coach at VFL level that's a totally different discussion!

Surely they wouldnt waste a Senior List spot on a kid with that question hanging over him.

Rookie draft wouldve been more apt if that was the case I would expect (junior watchers your thoughts).

Maybe the Saints were in his ear and telling him to just make himself less conspicuous so they could snatch him just one from outside the square as he was linked to them.

Interesting to see he promotes himself as a defender and models himself on Allir Allir who is a pretty handy and very disciplined campaigner for the Swans.

Berwick boy

Tiger Superstar
Apr 27, 2004
Surely they wouldnt waste a Senior List spot on a kid with that question hanging over him.

Rookie draft wouldve been more apt if that was the case I would expect (junior watchers your thoughts).

Maybe the Saints were in his ear and telling him to just make himself less conspicuous so they could snatch him just one from outside the square as he was linked to them.

Interesting to see he promotes himself as a defender and models himself on Allir Allir who is a pretty handy and very disciplined campaigner for the Swans.
Quite possibly Craigo..just passing on a conversation and hopefully he has learnt from it if correct.

Like all our draftees I hope they all work out but the odds say it’s pretty bloody hard to even get to 50 games for most.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Had an interesting conversation with a father at Dandenong Stingrays training on Friday night. My son at this stage is training with the under 16 Stingray side (U15s this year) and they had joint training with the U18s at Seaford. This dad has been following the Stingrays for a few years as his son has been bottom age and has a great knowledge of a lot of the players just drafted.
He is actually a Tiger supporter as well and we spoke of the draftees..let’s just say hopefully Biggie hardens up some what.

Said at a game this year biggie copped a slight kick to the leg just before 3 qtr time and got checked out and cleared to go back on by the physio for the start of the last qtr. During the 3qtr time break he took himself off and put ice on his leg and just sat on the sideline.

Coaches had to yell to the other ruckman to run on just before they bounced the ball for the 4th qtr when they noticed he wasn’t on.

Copped a good talking too but sounds like he ( the dad) is not much of a fan.

That is one man's opinion berwick boy and whilst you are only passing on what you heard I prefer to rely on the opinions of Biggie's school coach Darren Bewick and the Stingray and Vic Country coaches that our recruiting team spoke to, (refer Talking Tiger Podcast and interview with Matt Clarke), for character assessments.

Sounds like a good kid and from training looks like there is plenty to work with.

Pretty ordinary to plant the seed that a kid is soft from day 1.

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users

Berwick boy

Tiger Superstar
Apr 27, 2004
That is one man's opinion berwick boy and whilst you are only passing on what you heard I prefer to rely on the opinions of Biggie's school coach Darren Bewick and the Stingray and Vic Country coaches that our recruiting team spoke to, (refer Talking Tiger Podcast and interview with Matt Clarke), for character assessments.

Sounds like a good kid and from training looks like there is plenty to work with.

Best you read the above ceaser. If we didn’t want anything discussed on here moving forward (good or bad) it would be a pretty dull place.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Best you read the above ceaser. If we didn’t want anything discussed on here moving forward (good or bad) it would be a pretty dull place.

True, and I just wanted to jump to the defense of the kid so no harm no foul.

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004

Attacking the poster for relaying a story is poor form Caesar, it maybe there were other factors but I hope that he is 100% focused on succeeding at Richmond.

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
I watched and played cricket against Billy. Very fast bowler. I once umpired a game when Billy took something like 9 for 2, the opposition made 10 in total.

Jeesh, must have been the Geelong defense coming in from the other end leaking like a seiv and conceding 8 runs!

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
Attacking the poster for relaying a story is poor form Caesar, it maybe there were other factors but I hope that he is 100% focused on succeeding at Richmond.
Why try to escalate yandb?

Someone passed on a rumour, someone else said they thought it unfair to do that with a first year player ........
Then you single out an excellent contributor to this forum using words like attack ......

I miss Bullus Hit who was hounded off this forum .......

Reactions: 5 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015

Someone passed on a rumour, someone else said they thought it unfair to do that with a first year player ........
Then you single out an excellent contributor to this forum using words like attack ......

don't worry TigerMad yandb on my ignore list so don't see his posts anyway, and yeah certainly no attack.

Reactions: 3 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
I like the fact his put himself out there as a key defender Rance and Grimes no better teachers.

Reactions: 1 users

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004

I agree TM Caesar is an excellent contributor but does that mean that all his posts are sacrosanct.

Caesar called the poster pretty ordinary and yet you call me out for questioning the attack?????????????

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
1 incident. 1 outsider's opinion. I think we've had plenty of players come through the door in the past that didn't have that required killer instinct. And will have more in the future. Often you can't really tell until they've played against the big boys. It can be daunting. All players recruited need to be given the benefit of doubt.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
I agree TM Caesar is an excellent contributor but does that mean that all his posts are sacrosanct.

Caesar called the poster pretty ordinary and yet you call me out for questioning the attack?????????????

Attack hey? Precious petal