Welcome Josh Gibcus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Josh Gibcus

He’s a very smart footballer Marshall and is hitting his straps this year.
another experience for JG

Reactions: 1 user
He’s a very smart footballer Marshall and is hitting his straps this year.
another experience for JG

His forward running patterns are very good. He is as you say smart, and beat Gibcus due to that, got Gibcus out of position a number of times and benefited from it from there. I don't think he'll ever be that successful as the number 1 forward, but will be good for a long time as the 2nd. Bar that 1 he missed from about 10m, he's an excellent kick for goal. After he kicked his 3rd straight last night they showed his kicking from set shots this season and he'd kicked 22.4 this season. Smart and a good set shot, but not the power type forward that wants to wrestle all the time.

Was pretty good on Silvagni, but when he was going up in those packs and tried to punch, he just didn't kill the ball, at least 1 goal, maybe 2 caused due to that. He needs to learn to punch the ball into the 10th row, not just graze it. He'll keep getting better.

Reactions: 3 users
Was pretty good on Silvagni, but when he was going up in those packs and tried to punch, he just didn't kill the ball, at least 1 goal, maybe 2 caused due to that. He needs to learn to punch the ball into the 10th row, not just graze it. He'll keep getting better.
Last 2 weeks not as great. Some missed kicks last week. Poor spoils this week.

Is he getting tired/losing focus in the game? Balta's hammy might mean he doesnt get the rest he might need.
Especially if Tarrant's busted knuckle isnt right.

Reactions: 2 users
2nd half he did miss 2 opportunities to kill the ball over the boundary or to rush a behind in 1 instance. Thought he had a very good 1st half and we know he'll be coached to correct those. To end 2022 with an 18 yo tall defender in his 1st year playing 15-20 games is a great result.

Reactions: 8 users
2nd half he did miss 2 opportunities to kill the ball over the boundary or to rush a behind in 1 instance. Thought he had a very good 1st half and we know he'll be coached to correct those. To end 2022 with an 18 yo tall defender in his 1st year playing 15-20 games is a great result.

Agree with all of this. A couple of brainfarts, but gee he's been such a positive this season.

Journo: You surprised Gibcus hasn't been nominated for a Rising Star?

Dimma: Not really, he plays for Richmond!

Love it Dimma, call out those biased sycophants!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users
I would like tonse him get some cheap ball when the backline are chipping it around.

Going incredibly well though.

Is there a chance the media could pull themselves silly any more over Dekoning??
Besides 1 mark that was ok, I didn't realise he was playing

• Haha
Journo: You surprised Gibcus hasn't been nominated for a Rising Star?

Dimma: Not really, he plays for Richmond!

Love it Dimma, call out those biased sycophants!

Good to see Dimma tell it how it is. How the *smile* Shifty Sheehan and Brad Johnson get to decide on the nominations given their clear bias is a joke!

Reactions: 1 users
Is still paying $51 on Sportsbet for Rising Star (I locked him in at $101 a few weeks back). In the week he gets nominated, his odds will shorten to a similar level as Geelong's De Koning (currently paying $5) you would think given his 'body of work' over the course of the season.

I can't see anyone beating Newcombe or Daicos at this stage, but if they happen to fall away or get injured, I think Gibcus is in that next mix. Particuarly if the Tiger hype starts to build as we approach finals. Defenders rarely win awards, but worth a fiver to enjoy the ride.

P.S. this is not financial advice

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Is still paying $51 on Sportsbet for Rising Star (I locked him in at $101 a few weeks back). In the week he gets nominated, his odds will shorten to a similar level as Geelong's De Koning (currently paying $5) you would think given his 'body of work' over the course of the season.

I can't see anyone beating Newcombe or Daicos at this stage, but if they happen to fall away or get injured, I think Gibcus is in that next mix. Particuarly if the Tiger hype starts to build as we approach finals. Defenders rarely win awards, but worth a fiver to enjoy the ride.

P.S. this is not financial advice
Just to add, De Koning is 21yo and in his third year in the system. Those extra years make a huge difference especially for key position players. Frightening to think what Gibcus will be like when he’s 21.

Reactions: 4 users
last qtr he went 3rd man up spoiled towards the boundary

just didn't quite make it , goal to them

did everything right , just didn't quite get enough of the ball

post match one of our players mentioned it was like he'd been with us for 5 yrs

I'm sure the coaches must be loving him

Reactions: 3 users