Welcome Josh Gibcus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Josh Gibcus

The kid was playing in his 9th game against the most prolific scoring forward currently in the game who has a wealth of experience of working over players but Josh never flinched so my guess Franklin knew he had been in a game. This season is still a learning phase of Josh's career but so far way ahead of schedule.

Reactions: 1 users
send him forward.

plenty of time to learn his craft down back. the forward line needs more class, marking power and mobility.

bolton riewoldt gibcus
rioli jnr lynch martin

this is our best F50 and it's a bloody beauty.

baker miller grimes
rioli balta vlastuin broad

there's your back 7, getting games into miller or calling on tarrant if necessary. or you exclude miller and have your kmacs and picketts dropping back to support along with Nank.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
send him forward.

plenty of time to learn his craft down back. the forward line needs more class, marking power and mobility.

bolton riewoldt gibcus
rioli jnr lynch martin

this is our best F50 and it's a bloody beauty.

baker miller grimes
rioli balta vlastuin broad

there's your back 7, getting games into miller or calling on tarrant if necessary. or you exclude miller and have your kmacs and picketts dropping back to support along with Nank.

Would you still play both Nank and Soldo? I reckon that we've seen this year with our aging midfield thats a bit top heavy. It might work with a younger midfield but we don't have that.

Reactions: 1 user
Stewart is the best player ever, it was in the paper today, Chris Scott said it, so it must be true.
10 x AA, way better than Dusty. took the baton from Cory Corey, or Joel Enright, always get them mixed up.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
No rising star this week - the cats media step up for their player as usual
Might have been pre-game on Friday night on Fox and they had a segment talking about Sam De Koning and that it was amazing he hadn't been nominated to that point. I was thinking *smile* you guys banging on about De Koning but don't say anything about a kid who is about to play in 10 minutes?

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Stewart is the best player ever, it was in the paper today, Chris Scott said it, so it must be true.
Is this a week after Dekonging was the next best defender.
What a bunch if *smile*.
There's not one kid besides Gibcus that excistes me more

Skinny kid stands an AFL great after less than 10 games & breaks even for the most part. Farce indeed.

Yes, Gibcus is great and far better than DeKonig no doubt. Buddy kicked 5 though and won the game for the Swans. Gibcus also kicked poorly Friday night and cost us at least one goal.

I've posted TOG for Gibcus. TBR has rightly pointed to distance speed running as a more important indicator. But we all agree that we don't get those numbers.

Godcus had 94% TOG. But it was before half time (?) when Josh Gibcus could not get enough air to spoil a 45yo small forward in the air. Our lad was tired. Lance Franklin marking overhead? Yeah, nah.

Our youngster will go back in time and vault any possible Lance Franklin. Unless he's tired.

Do we measure wrestling? Lance wears his opponents down.

Our young champion did not lie down. But he did tire.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users