Welcome Josh Gibcus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Josh Gibcus

Big nuggets required. Play the young man on Curnow. Has the required athletic traits. Great learning opportunity!

Reactions: 3 users
Did the Cotchin hand slapping as teammates emerged from the race pre game.
Captain in the making?

Reactions: 1 user
Big nuggets required. Play the young man on Curnow. Has the required athletic traits. Great learning opportunity!
It’s on the cards this matchup. But he will help from Broad and Grimes as third man up. If they are not able to give him that support it could be a long night for him.

Reactions: 2 users
Na. He should get the 3rd tall and he can use his athletic talent to assist as 3rd man up.

Curnow>>>>King.

Starts ion the middle, we get smashed there and it won't matter.

It’s on the cards this matchup. But he will help from Broad and Grimes as third man up. If they are not able to give him that support it could be a long night for him.
If grimes plays ill be sick

He should have been dropped last year. Got some angry beans in him doing undisciplined things and then large skill errors.

Obviously as captain we didn't have the Kahunas to do it.

Hawthorn did it do Vandenberg.

It must be agonisingly frustrating for Grimesy given he could beat Eddie Betts low and Tom Hawkins high. One of our heroes. I just hope he’s not playing to support the COVID hit on his winery.

Apart from one horrible moment where he went one handed, he did extremely well considering the amount of ball and how easily it was getting down there

• Dislike
Na. He should get the 3rd tall and he can use his athletic talent to assist as 3rd man up.

Curnow>>>>King.

Starts ion the middle, we get smashed there and it won't matter.
Possibly MD. Although young Godcus wants to be the best defender in the AFL. Playing him on the best forward may help him get there much quicker....

15 & 16yo boys were going over the trenches at The Somme and Gallipoli.

19yo & 20yo Men can do amazing things if you let them. You learn more from getting beaten than you do from winning. I would start Gibcus on Curnow.

Suspected ACL in his first (edit: second thanks to the stupid round 0) game back... Ugh this is horrible

Last edited:
So sad to see Gibcus go down and be stretchered off
Best wishes on your recovery the Tiger army is right behind you

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users
In a year where many of us were looking forward to watching the development of our youngsters,

It feels like we have been robbed of watching one of our brightest stars ply and learn his craft.

But this isn’t about us.

This is about Josh. Let’s hope, whatever the outcome, he can bounce back from this latest setback and forge a great career for himself in the coming years.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
I was pretty emotional already but seeing that hit me hard. Poor young man, really feel for him.

Feel bad saying it but I was always worried how high he jumps and his landings. He gets so much vert it's insane.

*smile* life sometimes.