Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond - Jayden Short

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
His 2nd goal was insane, it was actually a relatively poor handball to him that put him a little off balance and I thought a bit close to the man in front which is why it went a bit higher than the other one, but he has an almighty leg on him.

What should he be renamed? The cannon? The hypersonic missile?
The long and the short of it ..

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
He was missing a few of these a couple of years ago, good to see Short nailing them again. Don't expect him to nail every one but if he can get maybe 50% that would be stunning.

As a few have pointed out, it makes it a lot harder for the opposition defence when you have someone who can kick them from a long way out, costs them at least 1 defender which is invaluable.

DS

Reactions: 6 users

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
The goal Shorty kicked after the Baker handball, I thought the ball would have dropped 10-15m short due to the angle of the kick and the defender in front of him.

Just goes to show how much power he has on the boot.

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
The goal Shorty kicked after the Baker handball, I thought the ball would have dropped 10-15m short due to the angle of the kick and the defender in front of him.

Just goes to show how much power he has on the boot.

Thought the same thing at the match. That it sailed through is testament to his kicking ability. It wasn't Bakes best handball, didn't put it out in front for Short to run onto but he did well to collect it but seemed to kick it a bit off balance (hence why it went high) and was a bit closer than he'd like to be to the defender in front, but it was a cracker of a kick.

Reactions: 3 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
He was missing a few of these a couple of years ago, good to see Short nailing them again. Don't expect him to nail every one but if he can get maybe 50% that would be stunning.

As a few have pointed out, it makes it a lot harder for the opposition defence when you have someone who can kick them from a long way out, costs them at least 1 defender which is invaluable.

DS
Shorty was missing so many of those scrounge around the back shots from 50 over the last few years, that I'd happily abuse him n pray that he'd *smile* off and let the player with the ball actually have their shot in peace.
Dunno what Shorty's got in his drink bottle the last few weeks but his long range goal kicking has been a thing of beauty, hasn't looked like missing.

Reactions: 6 users

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
Short probably goes at about 50% from outside 50.

Which is elite.

I've said it for years, but, just logically, you're better off going for a 50% from outside 50 than a 75% short kick to a guy who goes at 60% from 40 out.

Basically, you're more likely to nail one kick, even a tricky one, than two easier ones.

The added bonus being that the oppo is less likely to rebound from a Shorty shot at goal than a chip to 40 our.

Thank God that McQualter has given him the license to take them again.

At one point will Short get the reputation on here he deserves? I thought the best and fairest in a premiership year would do it.

He was somehow still tradebait a couple of pages ago!!

Top 5 in our most important players.
We just saw how important Shorty is.

He was out only goal scorer in the first half and played about 3% of it.

We could not create without him.

Might be our currently MVP.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
We just saw how important Shorty is.

He was out only goal scorer in the first half and played about 3% of it.

We could not create without him.

Might be our currently MVP.
We are going to need to fill this void one way or another.

I suspect they will bring in Ralphsmith.

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Of those who watched the whole game v Brisbane, how did he fare?
Courtesy of @Jukes Extended 2.0

Bauer 24 possies/12 marks/3 goals.
Sonsie 21 possies/5 clearances/1 goal.
Brown 21 possies.
Trezise 20 possies/7 marks.
Banks 18 possies.
Dow 16 possies/8 clearances.
Soldo 13 possies/3 marks/46 hitouts/4 clearances/1 goal.
Bradtke 11 possies/6 marks/1 goal
Rioli 9 possies/8 tackles.
Nyuon 9 possies/2 marks.
Coulthard 9 possies.
Green 6 possies/1 goal.

Broderick 9 possies.

Bauer was awesome, BOG by a mile, but was BOG even without the goals tbh/ Dominant game overall and cleary the best he's played.
Soldo was good too, but was up against a kid who he monstered.

Reactions: 2 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Courtesy of @Jukes Extended 2.0

Bauer 24 possies/12 marks/3 goals.
Sonsie 21 possies/5 clearances/1 goal.
Brown 21 possies.
Trezise 20 possies/7 marks.
Banks 18 possies.
Dow 16 possies/8 clearances.
Soldo 13 possies/3 marks/46 hitouts/4 clearances/1 goal.
Bradtke 11 possies/6 marks/1 goal
Rioli 9 possies/8 tackles.
Nyuon 9 possies/2 marks.
Coulthard 9 possies.
Green 6 possies/1 goal.

Broderick 9 possies.

Bauer was awesome, BOG by a mile, but was BOG even without the goals tbh/ Dominant game overall and cleary the best he's played.
Soldo was good too, but was up against a kid who he monstered.
Couple of small positives from a pure stats point of view , Bradtke 6 marks , 11 posies, I remember when Vickery, Post, Griffiths would be in the 2s and have 2 or 3 marks and 6 touches . Dow though I’d imagine he’s not in the plans , 8 clerarences is a positive, , now this is a bit different but MJ with 8 tackles should be a huge positive, however if he could get the ball he wouldn’t have to tackle somuch

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I’m a big Shorty fan and don’t want to see him go BUT ….if we are to trade someone of value to get back into a better position in the draft I think Jayden is it. I reckon the running half back flanker must be the easiest position to refill and with him turning 28 in January now would be the time.

But what would you get for him?