Welcome to Richmond Tyson Stengle | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond Tyson Stengle

Here is a season question.

Would you rather lose Shai or Ty if big money came a calling for a small RFC forward? Or is it neither and one of Butler and Castagna are your preferred takeover targets?

Brettstigers said:
Here is a season question.

Would you rather lose Shai or Ty if big money came a calling for a small RFC forward? Or is it neither and one of Butler and Castagna are your preferred takeover targets?

Is a very good question. IMO right now you'd have to say Butler & Castagna are the one's you'd want to keep because their workrate in those role are off the charts & went a big ways towards winning us a flag.
Big step up to AFL footy. Two way running over a 4 Q game is their challenge currently.

Not bad for a rookie listed player - Stengle made the emergencies for this week on the back of a game that was a bit below his best IMO. (Wasteful around goal. Strolled in and missed at least twice. 1.4)

And for the second time in recorded history Tyson Stengle was tackled! Mobbed inside at a stoppage.

I really like this player. When he can get the ball 20 times at the level he has to go up. Maybe before then. Can't be far off promotion.

Dyer'ere said:
Not bad for a rookie listed player - Stengle made the emergencies for this week on the back of a game that was a bit below his best IMO. (Wasteful around goal. Strolled in and missed at least twice. 1.4)

And for the second time in recorded history Tyson Stengle was tackled! Mobbed inside at a stoppage.

I really like this player. When he can get the ball 20 times at the level he has to go up. Maybe before then. Can't be far off promotion.

Didn't see the game, but I like him a lot and would have liked him in this week over Higgins, and I like Higgins

tigerdell said:
Does anyone know if he played any midfield time?

He played forward only, I too think he has the tools, (except the tank), to have small stints in the midfield.They should start experimenting with that.

The knock on him from a seniors point of view is his running power, but he won't develop that sitting in a forward pocket in the VFL. And you'd think he'd be good in the centre square: so hard to bring down in a tackle and creative with his skills.

It's a farce that he's not getting time in the VFL midfield.

You could make another movie about The Matrix starring Tyson.

Time slows down when he has the ball in traffic. Glorious to watch.

Tyson is a clever footballer not quite as flashy as Shai or as quick but hes got vision class and tricks of his own, poised player.

i like him.

Shai did respond well for losing his spot in the seniors last week, where he was good for nearly 3 quarters. Is he shirty for Higgins jumping in over him and holding him out?

Stengle or Bolton will depart the Tigers next year due to lack of opportunities...

gutfull said:
Stengle or Bolton will depart the Tigers next year due to lack of opportunities...

I think Tyson wouldnt be in too much of a hurry to go anywhere just yet, however with Betts getting on and Cameron leaving Tyson maybe on the radar of the Crows but as a rookie we got dibs on him ;)

With Merkin managing Shai then anything is possible there