Welcome to Richmond Tyson Stengle | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to Richmond Tyson Stengle

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Why is everyone so excited about bringing him in. He is no better then Bolton.
Would rather see Lloyd given another chance

TigerTribe5

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 14, 2010
zippadeee said:
Why is everyone so excited about bringing him in. He is no better then Bolton.
Would rather see Lloyd given another chance

Stengle may not be as flashy but I think he has way better footy smarts than Bolton.

67 special

Tiger Matchwinner
May 12, 2009
TigerTribe5 said:
Stengle may not be as flashy but I think he has way better footy smarts than Bolton.
He's more conventional than Bolton, but he's still got some tricks and might be able to step up to the level required more easily than Bolton.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
The two set shots he had went straight over the goal umpires hat, that'll do me get him in the side.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
tigerman said:
Yes, he's very strong in the hips, he side stepped 3 players yesterday.

I would side step 5. He is no better then Bolten. Bring back pack buster or Lloyd

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
VFL watchers, what does his pace look like? That seems to be the main knock. Can't help but thinking this will hold him back from having a big impact in the 1s.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
St Kevin said:
VFL watchers, what does his pace look like? That seems to be the main knock. Can't help but thinking this will hold him back from having a big impact in the 1s.

that is my concern, not just offensive impact, but our small forwards need to be able to chase. if he is slowish he wont be able to do this.

i wonder if in the long run he will be a midfielder.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Brodders17 said:
that is my concern, not just offensive impact, but our small forwards need to be able to chase. if he is slowish he wont be able to do this.

I had the same concern with Higgins when he started but that has been a master stroke

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Brodders17 said:

Perhaps we can bring him in then to play on the Kelly types.

Mikee

Will we ever get there?
Feb 21, 2003
Melbourne
zippadeee said:
I would side step 5. He is no better then Bolten. Bring back pack buster or Lloyd

Lol Lloyd, yeh he's gonna magically transform into a good AFL player.... :spin :clap Classic Zips!

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
STENGLE is super elite in a turning circle, one of the signs that a player lacks pace is getting tackled sucessfully,stengle has never been sucessfully tackled in 2 years at VFL AND AFL LEVEL, hes just so slippery,what seems to hold back bolton at the moment is his tank,which could take 3-4 years to come good.