Welcome to the Tigers Jacob Hopper | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Jacob Hopper

Absolutely. It's all about breakaway speed at centre clearance. First use for forwards with 6-6-6 rule.
Pickett and Viney racked up clearance after clearance on the weekend.
We looked all at sea against Melbourne until Shai went in there.
Think Shai spent more time in there than Yze was forecasting too, because he was winning the ball so much.

Teams are going nuclear in the guts, the Saints nabbed Liam Henry from Freo and are even turning him into a full time midfielder. Taranto and Hopper would be left in his dust.
Massive conundrum for Yze.
It was obvious from round one last year when Tarranto, Hopper and Prestia got made to look silly by a faster blues midfield.

Hopefully history doesn't repeat, two of Dow, Shai and Dusty need to be at every centre bounce.
It was my view last year and remains this year, we can't play all of Taranto, Hopper and Prestia in the same team. Especially as Prestia and Hopper are of little value resting forward.
Guts yes,but around the ground Taranto, Hopper are elite.

Reactions: 1 users
Prestia cancels himself out. He is always injured.
You blame the leg speed, but Gawn was handing them the ball on a silver platter when he was going up against Sampson.
Sampson isn't a ruckman.
Yes your 100% right, speed is required but strength to win is also very important.
When Naismith went into the ruck things evened out and we were able to get our hands on the ball.

We had a list of speedsters
We are left with Bolton & senior Rioli and no one else
Graham forget about it.
Baker isn't a natural mid
Tarranto jogs
Hopper crawls
Ross and Dow are more like Nissan's then Ferrari's
Pickett and Flappers are cruiser's
Junior Rioli can't grab a dry Sherrin without fumbling it.

*it was a shame that Hardwick was sooo desperate on ball midfielders because Prestia kept on getting injured,
We couldve ended up with Tarranto and Bobby Hill for a 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder.
I love the Hop but we have a team sheet full of Hoppers.
What I saw on sundey didn't impress me.
Can u chase if your always on the ground?
Dow is quick

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah not sold on him, Good scrapper who goes in hard, I'll give him the effort bit. A Jacob Townsend type but more polish maybe

Looks like he often doesn't take his first option and then puts himself under pressure trying to find the best one and ends up with a poor disposable.

Rushes his disposal, often due to turning back into a pressure position…. Needs to straight line it a bit more… his game isn’t twisting and turning

Looks like he often doesn't take his first option and then puts himself under pressure trying to find the best one and ends up with a poor disposable.
Isn’t this the story of the night? We lost the pressure game. They hunted the turnover like tigers which made me a little ill.

Reactions: 3 users
Fumbled it a bit tonight, a bit rusty?

I'll cut him some slack, needs to be better though.

Liked what I saw last week… but he was poor tonight. It’s a huge year for him. Club has invested an enormous amount in him and he should be hitting his prime. For what we gave up and the length of the deal - let’s be honest he should be pushing into the elite midfielder category.

Not writing him off at all - but I’ve got concerns especially his chronic lack of leg speed and inability to chase and get back. Hoping I’m wrong as we need him to be a big performer… desperately

Reactions: 4 users
Everything he touched turned to *smile* last night. Hopefully got it out of his system for the year.

Reactions: 1 users
With Taranto and Dow, I don't think there's a spot for Hopper.

Reactions: 4 users
With Taranto and Dow, I don't think there's a spot for Hopper.
Tend to agree.
The injury to Jack Graham might help him retain his place for round zero.
We can’t carry players who are slow and turnover merchants if we’re fair dinkum.