Welcome to the Tigers Jacob Hopper | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Jacob Hopper

Just the 1 centre bounce clearance last week from 17 attendances. Pretty sure he was recruited to help in this area.
Dow got a lot of scrutiny but Hopper also got smashed when on Rowell.
Taranto is going to get heavily targeted by the opposition so he's really got to step up.
Just seeing some of the vision some of it has to fall on Newman as well - not giving the players an out, but positionally we were outpointed time and again.
Not sure who is Suns mid coach

Comparisons to Caddy are valid but we didn't give 2 high picks for Caddy.
So just the 2 premierships for Hopper, and a near AA year playing as a forward?

Hoppers midfield stats last year are better across the board than Caddy's ever were with us. and his best years at GWS are way better than anything Caddy ever had.

So just the 2 premierships for Hopper, and a near AA year playing as a forward?

Hoppers midfield stats last year are better across the board than Caddy's ever were with us. and his best years at GWS are way better than anything Caddy ever had.

Impact is not all about simple stats young fella.

Impact is not all about simple stats young fella.
Insightful as ever Leysy!

Caddy failed as a mid- that is why he moved forward- where he was a success, he then successfully transitioned to the wing- one of Hardwicks many masterstrokes.
Hopper may not be the most dominant mid in the game, but he is clearly a decent mid- he will continue to play as a mid. ignoring the trade price and contract (which isnt relevant to the Caddy comparison) the major concern with Hopper is our overall midfield mix.

Reactions: 1 users
So where’s the kudos for Hopper’s game ? Not saying he was a superstar but he wasn’t too bad either.

Reactions: 6 users
So where’s the kudos for Hopper’s game ? Not saying he was a superstar but he wasn’t too bad either.
Hear hear Chumpford. Very good game from Hopper. Thought he did well when he was on Cripps. He might not be A grade and we paid too much but he's a good footballer. A lock every week.

20 possessions to half time then they put a hard tag on him. He was killing them.

Reactions: 4 users
I did giggle when he put the effort to get the ball out of play, then fell over and was again on the grass over the line

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I don't know what the stats sheet says but I felt after he was locked down in the second half Taranto came into the game more. As a duo, a very impressive performance.

The other thing about Hopper - he seems like a real solid citizen, good leader on field.

Reactions: 3 users