Welcome to the Tigers Jacob Hopper | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome to the Tigers Jacob Hopper

Is he any better than Jack Graham? They seem to have similar attributes, but the price we paid differs greatly.

Hopper is getting a lot of criticism, most quite well deserved, but whilst he had a poor game, the same can be said for a number of our experienced players / stars who were just going through the motions playing bruise free footy

Reactions: 7 users
Hopper is getting a lot of criticism, most quite well deserved, but whilst he had a poor game, the same can be said for a number of our experienced players / stars who were just going through the motions playing bruise free footy
Hopefully . He looked about 3 grades lower than the Hopper that played v Melbourne

Reactions: 1 users
A real mixed bag. Frustrating player.
One minute turning over the pill & floundering on the grass.
The next kicking goals.
I have serious questions on his stamina to play as a FT midfielder but he could be useful as a half forward who spends time in the midfield rather than as a starting mid.
That said I don't think we've got what we were expecting.

A B grader who plays a role. But what we paid we should have got an A grader. Poor list decision

Reactions: 1 user
A real mixed bag. Frustrating player.
One minute turning over the pill & floundering on the grass.
The next kicking goals.
I have serious questions on his stamina to play as a FT midfielder but he could be useful as a half forward who spends time in the midfield rather than as a starting mid.
That said I don't think we've got what we were expecting.

Yep.

I'm still getting Caddy vibes.

I'm just taking it for granted that in R0 Hopper is sound and fresh. That only an idiot would put him on the park in R0 in any other condition.

Hopper was scrappy? We know that. He improves over the season.

He didn't seem to be able to walk. Is that what's left of him? Was there a freshness issue with the whole team coming off the preseason? That's a bad mistake but it can happen. (See Brisbane v Carlton.)

I'm by no means a blind fan of Hopper's work. But that didn't look like a sound fresh Hopper.

Last edited:
It made sense at the time (well a bit of sense….) but I think I can see what’s probably gunna happen here. He’ll chug along here at Tigerland for a few more seasons, play 60/70 games and by the time he’s 29/30 end up at third club for a season or 2.

• Sad
One thing about Hopper is that I think he is pretty tough, got hit very hard in the GC game and was down from a while but got up. Another time was in the 2019 GF shed hit him in ribs perfect hit, it would of *smile* hurt. Reckon he might be a tough unit.

Comparisons to Caddy are valid but we didn't give 2 high picks for Caddy.

One thing about Hopper is that I think he is pretty tough, got hit very hard in the GC game and was down from a while but got up. Another time was in the 2019 GF shed hit him in ribs perfect hit, it would of *smile* hurt. Reckon he might be a tough unit.
Honestly I think he tries to be a bit too tough for his own good. There were 2 moments in the 3rd quarter where he had to stop & take a few deep breaths, I'm worried he's gonna try to play through a concussion or even need to step back early (but still in a few years) due to concussion.

He's already got a bit of a history with them & the way he plays it seems like he can't protect himself and go for the ball, seems to only be able to do one at a time

Now I understand why Geelong laughed when we told everyone his contract details.

One thing that impressed me was his effort, despite the physical battering.

I have never been a big fan but he won me over a little simply by not giving up.

He is slow though. Managing our midfield mix at all times is the huge challenge.

One thing that impressed me was his effort, despite the physical battering.

I have never been a big fan but he won me over a little simply by not giving up.

He is slow though. Managing our midfield mix at all times is the huge challenge.
Agree with this. I think he has character, and if his body can hold up he will will himself into the season, especially the big-boy months. HE won't quit

Just the 1 centre bounce clearance last week from 17 attendances. Pretty sure he was recruited to help in this area.
Dow got a lot of scrutiny but Hopper also got smashed when on Rowell.
Taranto is going to get heavily targeted by the opposition so he's really got to step up.

Reactions: 2 users